The Miami Heat (0-0) visit the Orlando Magic (0-0) in a matchup of Southeast Division teams at Amway Center, beginning at 7:00 PM ET on Wednesday, December 23, 2020. The Heat are favorites in the game, the first matchup between the teams this season.
The betting insights in this article reflect odds data from DraftKings Sportsbook as of December 22, 2020, 3:40 PM ET. See table below for current betting odds.
Heat vs Magic Betting Odds
Injury Report as of December 22
Heat and Magic Records ATS
- Miami went over .500 against the spread last season with a record of 51-39-3.
- The Heat were 26-16-1 against the spread in 2019-20 when they were at least a 3.5-point favorite.
- Miami and its opponents hit the over in 52 of 93 games last season (55.9%).
- With a 35-41-2 record ATS, Orlando did not routinely covered the spread last season.
- When playing as at least a 3.5-point underdog last season, the Magic often met expectations with a 12-10 record against the spread.
- Orlando and its opponents typically hit the over last season, doing so in 52.6% (41) of its 78 games played.
Head to Head
Duncan Robinson (27 points) led the Heat past Terrence Ross (35 points) and the Magic 116-113 in their last matchup on Wednesday. The Heat were favored by 6.5 points in the game, but the Magic covered the spread. The 229 total points in the matchup went over the 218.5-point over/under.
|Date||Favorite||Home Team||Spread||Total||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Game Type||Result|
|3/4/2020||Heat||Heat||-6.5||218.5||-267||212||Regular Season||116-113 MIA*|
|2/1/2020||Heat||Magic||-2.5||209.5||-135||114||Regular Season||102-89 MIA|
|1/27/2020||Heat||Heat||-6.5||207.5||-281||228||Regular Season||113-92 MIA*|
|1/3/2020||Magic||Magic||-0.5||206.5||-111||-107||Regular Season||105-85 ORL|
|3/26/2019||–||Heat||–||–||–||–||Regular Season||104-99 ORL|
|12/23/2018||–||Magic||–||–||–||–||Regular Season||115-91 MIA|
|12/4/2018||–||Heat||–||–||–||–||Regular Season||105-90 ORL|
|10/17/2018||–||Magic||–||–||–||–||Regular Season||104-101 ORL|
|2/5/2018||–||Heat||–||–||–||–||Regular Season||111-109 ORL|
|12/30/2017||–||Magic||–||–||–||–||Regular Season||117-111 MIA|
- 3/4/2020 DNP – Heat: Tyler Herro
- 1/27/2020 DNP – Heat: Kendrick Nunn
- Last season, the Heat were the NBA’s 15th-highest scoring team (111.6 PPG), while the Magic allowed their opponents the fifth-fewest points per game (108.8) in the league.
- The Heat totaled a total of 257 more points than their opponents last year (an average of 2.7 per game), while the Magic were out-scored by opponents on average last year (by 120 total points, -1.5 per game).
- Jimmy Butler averaged 19.9 points per game last season and dished out 6.0 assists.
- Bam Adebayo pulled down 10.2 rebounds per game.
- Butler averaged 1.8 steals per game. Adebayo collected 1.3 blocks an outing.
- Nikola Vucevic contributed 19.6 points per game last season and pulled down 10.8 rebounds a contest.
- Markelle Fultz racked up 5.1 assists per game.
- Jonathan Isaac recorded 1.6 steals and 2.3 blocks per game.
Powered By Data Skrive using data from