A game after he put up 40 points in a 126-114 win over the Raptors, Jayson Tatum leads the Boston Celtics (5-3) on the road against the Miami Heat (3-3) on Wednesday, January 6, 2021. The Celtics are against the spread in the matchup, which tips at 7:30 PM ET on ESPN. The matchup’s over/under is set at .
The betting insights in this article reflect odds data from DraftKings Sportsbook as of January 6, 2021, 12:40 AM ET. See table below for current betting odds.
Heat vs Celtics Betting Odds
Heat vs Celtics Props
Looking to bet on props for this game? Use our prop search tool to find the best odds across legal sportsbooks in the US.
Injury Report as of January 6
Maurice Harkless: Day To Day (Arm)
Romeo Langford: Out (Right wrist),
Marcus Smart: Day To Day (Right Thumb),
Jeff Teague: Day To Day (Ankle),
Javonte Green: Out (Health and Safety Protocols),
Kemba Walker: Out (Left knee)
Heat and Celtics Records ATS
- Miami has covered the spread as often as they haven’t this season, sporting a 3-3 ATS record.
- When favored by at least 2.5 points, the Heat are 2-1 against the spread this season.
- In 33.3% of its games this season (2/6), Miami and its opponents have outscored the set over/under.
- So far this season, Boston has maintained an even 4-4 record ATS.
- When they play as at least a 2.5-point underdog, the Celtics tend to come up short with only a 1-3 record against the spread.
- 37.5% of Boston’s 8 games this season have stayed under the over/under.
Head to Head
In their last meeting, the Heat defeated the Celtics 125-113. Bam Adebayo led the Heat with 32 points, and Jaylen Brown paced the Celtics with 26. The Heat covered the spread as 3-point underdogs, and the teams scored 238 total points to go over the 215.5-point over/under.
|Date||Favorite||Home Team||Spread||Total||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Game Type||Result|
|8/4/2020||Celtics||Heat||-4.5||218.5||-199||164||Regular Season||112-106 MIA*|
|1/28/2020||Heat||Heat||-1.5||219||-123||103||Regular Season||109-101 BOS*|
|12/4/2019||Celtics||Celtics||-5.5||209||-221||180||Regular Season||112-93 BOS*|
|4/3/2019||–||Heat||–||–||–||–||Regular Season||112-102 BOS|
- 9/27/2020 DNP – Heat: Kendrick Nunn
- 9/25/2020 DNP – Heat: Kendrick Nunn
- 9/23/2020 DNP – Heat: Kendrick Nunn
- 9/17/2020 DNP – Celtics: Gordon Hayward
- 9/15/2020 DNP – Celtics: Gordon Hayward
- 8/4/2020 DNP – Heat: Jimmy Butler
- 1/28/2020 DNP – Heat: Kendrick Nunn; Celtics: Jayson Tatum
- 12/4/2019 DNP – Heat: Goran Dragic; Celtics: Gordon Hayward, Marcus Smart
- In Miami’s matchups this season, the Heat and their opponents have exceeded Wednesday’s point total of 218 points 54 times (900% of opportunities).
- In Boston’s games this year, the competing teams combined for a higher point total than Wednesday’s matchup over/under in six out of eight matchups (75%).
- This season the average total for Heat games is 213.5 points, 4.5 fewer than the over/under of 218 points for this contest.
- Celtics’ games have a total points bet of 225.9 points this season, 7.9 points more than the over/under for this contest.
- The Heat’s average implied point total this season is four more points than their implied total in Wednesday’s game (114 implied points on average compared to 110 implied points in this game).
- This season, Miami has outscored its implied point total for this matchup (110) 57 times.
- The average implied point total on the season for the Celtics (112.2) is 4.2 more points than the team’s implied total in this matchup (108).
- Boston has scored more than this game’s implied total of 108 points five times this season.
- The Heat are at the 27th spot in the NBA’s scoring charts (105.8 PPG), while the Celtics allow the 20th-fewest points per game (112.5) in the league.
- The Heat have a -11-point scoring differential on the season (-1.9 per game). The Celtics have out-scored opponents by only seven points on the season (0.9 more per game).
- Adebayo leads the Heat in points and rebounds. He averages 19.2 points per game while adding 8.0 rebounds.
- Adebayo’s points prop over/under for the contest is set at 15.5, 3.7 points less than his season average of 19.2.
- Goran Dragic paces the team with 5.5 assists per game.
- Dragic’s PRA prop total for the contest is set at 21.5, 0.5 less than his season average of 22.0.
- Duncan Robinson is the top three-point shooter for the Heat, hitting 3.0 per game.
- Robinson’s three pointers made prop over/under for the game is set at 3.5, 0.5 shots higher than his season average of 3.0.
- Miami’s steals leader is Adebayo, who averages 1.3 per game. Kelly Olynyk leads the team averaging 1.0 block an outing.
- Adebayo’s steals prop over/under for the contest is set at 0.5, 0.8 steals lower than his season average of 1.3.
- Brown outpaced his teammates on the Celtics scoring front by putting up 26.9 points per game. He adds 4.6 rebounds and 3.1 assists per game this season.
- Brown’s PRA prop over/under for the game is set at 30.5, 4.1 less than his season average of 34.6.
- When it comes to Boston leaders in rebounds and assists, the team has two players at the top: Tristan Thompson with 8.7 rebounds per game and Marcus Smart with 6.7 assists per game.
- Smart’s PRA prop over/under for the contest is set at 22.5, 0.9 higher than his season average of 21.6.
- Tatum leads the Celtics in shooting from beyond the arc, averaging 3.4 made threes per game.
- Tatum’s three pointers made prop over/under for the contest is set at 2.5, 0.9 shots less than his season average of 3.4.
- Boston’s Jeff Teague has the top spot on the team’s steals leaderboard with 1.7 per game and Robert Williams III is first in blocks with 1.6 per game.
- Teague’s steals prop over/under for the contest is set at 0.5, 1.2 steals lower than his season average of 1.7.
Powered By Data Skrive using data from