The Charlotte Hornets (22-21) are underdogs as they attempt to extend a four-game home win streak when they take on the Miami Heat (22-23) on Friday, March 26 at Spectrum Center. The matchup airs at 8:00 PM ET on FS-SE. The matchup has an over/under of points.
The betting insights in this article reflect odds data from DraftKings Sportsbook as of March 26, 2021, 6:40 AM ET. See table below for current betting odds.
Heat vs Hornets Betting Odds
Heat vs Hornets Props
Looking to bet on props for this game? Use our prop search tool to find the best odds across legal sportsbooks in the US.
Injury Report as of March 26
KZ Okpala: Out (Health Protocols),
Jimmy Butler: Out (Illness),
Udonis Haslem: Out (Health and Safety Protocols),
Victor Oladipo: Day To Day (Personal),
Goran Dragic: Out (Back)
LaMelo Ball: Out (Wrist)
Heat and Hornets Records ATS
- Miami is under .500 against the spread this season with a record of 18-27
- When favored by at least 3 points, the Heat are 6-13 against the spread in 2020-21.
- Miami and its opponents have gone over the set total in only 20 of 45 games this season (44.4%).
- Charlotte has consistently covered the spread this season with a record of 22-20.
- For the ninth time this season, the Hornets are at least a 3-point underdog, where they have a record of 4-4 against the spread.
- Charlotte and its opponents have often hit the over this season, doing so in 50% (21) of its 42 games played.
Head to Head
The Hornets got a team-high 36 points from Malik Monk on the way to a 129-121 win against Jimmy Butler (25 points) and the Heat in their most recent matchup on February 1, 2021. The Heat were 7.5-point favorites in the game, but the Hornets covered the spread in the loss. The teams scored 250 total points to go over the 215-point over/under.
|Date||Favorite||Home Team||Spread||Total||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Game Type||Result|
|2/1/2021||Heat||Heat||-7.5||215||-306||244||Regular Season||129-121 CHA|
- Miami’s games this year have gone over the point total for Friday’s matchup over/under (216.5 points) in 40% of opportunities (18 out of 45 matchups).
- In Charlotte’s games this year, the competing teams combined for a higher point total than Friday’s matchup total in 30 out of 43 matchups (69.8%).
- On average, the over/under in Heat games is 1.9 points fewer than the over/under of 216.5 points in this contest.
- The over/under for this contest is 8.2 points fewer than the average over/under in Hornets’ games this season (224.7 points).
- The Heat’s average implied point total this season is 2.2 more points than their implied total in Friday’s game (112.2 implied points on average compared to 110 implied points in this game).
- Miami has scored more than its implied point total for this matchup (110) 19 times this season.
- The 115.4-point average implied total on the season for the Hornets is 8.4 more points than the team’s 107-point implied total in this matchup.
- Charlotte has scored more than this game’s implied total of 107 points 31 times this season.
- The Heat are at the 26th spot in the NBA’s scoring charts (106.6 PPG), while the Hornets allow the 20th-fewest points per game (112.7) in the league.
- The Heat have a negative point differential on the season (-65 total points, -1.4 per game), as do the Hornets (-32 total points, -0.7 per game).
- Butler leads the Heat in points and assists. He scores 21.3 points per game while also adding 7.3 assists.
- Butler’s assists prop over/under for the matchup is listed at 5.5 assists, 1.8 assists lower than his season average of 7.3.
- Bam Adebayo paces Miami with 9.5 rebounds per game.
- Adebayo’s PRA prop total for the contest is set at 30.5, 3.8 lower than his season average of 34.3.
- The Heat are led by Duncan Robinson from beyond the arc. He makes 3.3 shots from deep per game.
- Robinson’s three pointers made prop total for the game is set at 3.5, 0.2 shots greater than his season average of 3.3.
- Miami’s steals leader is Butler, who grabs 2.0 per game. Adebayo leads the team averaging 1.2 blocks an outing.
- Adebayo’s blocks prop total for the contest is set at 0.5, 0.7 blocks lower than his season average of 1.2.
- Terry Rozier outpaced his teammates on the Hornets scoring front by putting up 20.3 points per game. He adds 3.7 rebounds and 3.3 assists per game this season.
- Rozier’s points prop over/under for the game is set at 18.5, 1.8 points less than his season average of 20.3.
- The Charlotte leaders in rebounds and assists are Cody Zeller (7.1 rebounds per game) and LaMelo Ball (6.1 assists per game).
- Zeller’s rebounding prop total for the game is listed at 6.5 boards, 0.6 rebounds less than his season average of 7.1.
- Rozier is tops from three-point range for the Hornets, hitting 3.3 threes per game.
- Rozier’s three pointers made prop total for the game is set at 3.5, 0.2 shots greater than his season average of 3.3.
- Ball is at the top of Charlotte’s steals hierarchy with 1.6 steals per game and P.J. Washington leads the squad in blocks with 1.3 per game.
- Washington’s blocks prop over/under for the contest is set at 1.5, 0.2 blocks higher than his season average of 1.3.
Powered By Data Skrive using data from