The Miami Heat (50-29) hope to extend a four-game win streak when they host the Charlotte Hornets (41-37) on April 5, 2022 at FTX Arena. The Heat (on the spread) and Hornets ( to win) will meet Tuesday at 7:30 PM ET. The matchup has an over/under set at points.
The betting insights in the following article reflect odds as of April 5, 2022 at 7:09 PM ET.
Get a $1,000 Risk-Free Bet at BetMGM today! Sign up here and use Bonus Code: PLAYBONUS
Heat vs Hornets Betting Odds
Heat Vs. Hornets Player Props
Injury Report as of April 5
P.J. Tucker: Day To Day (Knee),
Caleb Martin: Day To Day (),
Dewayne Dedmon: Day To Day (Ankle),
Markieff Morris: Day To Day (Hip),
Kyle Lowry: Day To Day (Rest),
Gabe Vincent: Day To Day (Toe)
|Heat Offense||Stats (Rank)||Hornets Defense|
|108.7 (21)||Points/Gm||114.7 (26)|
|15.8 (26)||Possessions/Game||27.3 (28)|
|46.6 (12)||Field Goal %||46.5 (19)|
|37.7 (1)||3PT %||35.9 (21)|
|54.5 (6)||Effective FG %||54.3 (25)|
|58.2 (4)||True Shooting %||57.4 (22)|
|Hornets Offense||Stats (Rank)||Heat Defense|
|114.8 (5)||Points/Gm||104.5 (2)|
|27.3 (3)||Possessions/Game||15.8 (5)|
|46.4 (15)||Field Goal %||44.5 (4)|
|36.2 (7)||3PT %||33.9 (1)|
|54 (9)||Effective FG %||52.2 (7)|
|56.8 (14)||True Shooting %||56.1 (12)|
Heat and Hornets Betting Records
- Miami has covered 44 times in 79 games with a spread this season.
- The Heat are 18-17 ATS this season when playing as at least 4.5-point favorites.
- In Miami’s 79 games this season, the combined scoring has gone over the point total 44 times.
- Charlotte has won 42 games against the spread this year, while failing to cover or pushing 36 times.
- The Hornets have been an underdog by 4.5 points or more 23 times this season, and covered the spread in 11 of those matchups.
- So far this season, 38 out of Charlotte’s 78 games with an over/under have gone over the point total.
Head to Head
Kyle Lowry (25 points) led the Heat over Miles Bridges (29 points) and the Hornets in their last matchup on February 17, 2022. The Heat were favored by 4 points in the game, which pushed. The 218 total points in the matchup fell short of the 227-point over/under.
- 2/17/2022 DNP – Heat: Caleb Martin, Tyler Herro
- 2/5/2022 DNP – Heat: Max Strus
- 10/29/2021 DNP – Heat: Caleb Martin; Hornets: Terry Rozier
- Tyler Herro leads the Heat in scoring, putting up 20.6 points per game.
- Dewayne Dedmon paces Miami with 5.7 rebounds per game and Lowry leads the squad with 7.5 assists per contest.
- Duncan Robinson makes 2.9 threes per game to lead the Heat.
- Miami’s blocks leader is Dedmon, who collects 0.6 per game. Lowry leads the team averaging one steal a game.
- Bridges owns the Hornets top spot in scoring with 20.3 points per game and also tacks on 7.1 rebounds and 3.8 assists per contest.
- Mason Plumlee (7.9 rebounds per game) and LaMelo Ball (7.5 assists per game) are the Charlotte leaders in rebounds and assists.
- Terry Rozier is tops from three-point range for the Hornets, knocking down 3.1 threes per game.
- Charlotte’s Ball has the top spot on the team’s steals leaderboard with 1.6 per game and P.J. Washington is first in blocks with 0.9 per game.