The Detroit Pistons (3-10) are underdogs against the Atlanta Hawks (6-7) at State Farm Arena on Wednesday, January 20, 2021. The game begins at 7:30 PM ET on FS-DET. The over/under is set at in the matchup.
The betting insights in this article reflect odds data from William Hill Sportsbook as of January 19, 2021, 4:55 PM ET. See table below for current betting odds.
Hawks vs Pistons Betting Odds
Hawks vs Pistons Props
Looking to bet on props for this game? Use our prop search tool to find the best odds across legal sportsbooks in the US.
Injury Report as of January 19
Danilo Gallinari: Out (Ankle),
Kris Dunn: Out (Right ankle),
Cam Reddish: Day To Day (Knee),
Bogdan Bogdanovic: Out (Knee)
Killian Hayes: Out (Hip)
Hawks and Pistons Records ATS
- Atlanta’s record against the spread is 6-7 this season.
- Atlanta and its opponents have hit the over in 13 of 13 games this season (100%).
- Detroit holds a losing record ATS this season with four wins and nine losses ATS.
- Detroit and its opponents have often hit the over this season, doing so in 100% (13) of its 13 games played.
Head to Head
The Hawks got a team-high 29 points from Trae Young on the way to a 128-120 victory over Jerami Grant (27 points) and the Pistons in their last matchup on December 28, 2020. The Hawks were 10-point favorites in the game, but the Pistons covered the spread in the win. The teams combined to score 248 total points to cover the 224.5-point over/under.
|Date||Favorite||Home Team||Spread||Total||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Game Type||Result|
|12/28/2020||Hawks||Hawks||-10||224.5||-500||380||Regular Season||128-120 ATL|
|1/18/2020||Pistons||Hawks||-1||227.5||-115||-104||Regular Season||136-103 DET*|
|11/22/2019||Pistons||Pistons||-6.5||226.5||-254||207||Regular Season||128-103 DET*|
|10/24/2019||Pistons||Pistons||-1.5||221.5||-120||101||Regular Season||117-100 ATL*|
|2/22/2019||–||Hawks||–||–||–||–||Regular Season||125-122 DET|
|12/23/2018||–||Pistons||–||–||–||–||Regular Season||98-95 ATL|
|11/9/2018||–||Hawks||–||–||–||–||Regular Season||124-109 DET|
|2/14/2018||–||Pistons||–||–||–||–||Regular Season||104-98 DET|
|2/11/2018||–||Hawks||–||–||–||–||Regular Season||118-115 ATL|
|12/14/2017||–||Hawks||–||–||–||–||Regular Season||105-91 DET|
- 1/18/2020 DNP – Hawks: Jabari Parker;
Pistons: Luke Kennard, Blake Griffin, Reggie Jackson
- 11/22/2019 DNP – Hawks: John Collins, Kevin Huerter
Pistons: Reggie Jackson
- 10/24/2019 DNP –
Pistons: Blake Griffin
- Atlanta’s games this season have gone over the point total for Wednesday’s matchup over/under (220.5 points) in 330.8% of opportunities (43 out of 13 matchups).
- Six Detroit games this year (46.2% of its matchups) ended with a final total higher than Wednesday’s total of 220.5 points.
- On average, the over/under in Hawks games is 0.1 points fewer than the over/under of 220.5 points in this contest.
- Pistons’ games have a total points bet of 222.5 points this season, 2.0 points more than the over/under for this game.
- The Hawks’ average implied point total this season is 82.5 fewer points than their implied total in Wednesday’s game (30.5 implied points on average compared to 113 implied points in this game).
- Atlanta has scored more than its implied point total for this matchup (113) 30 times this season.
- The average implied point total on the season for the Pistons (29) is 78 fewer points than the team’s implied total in this matchup (107).
- Detroit has scored more than 107 points in eight games on the season.
- The Hawks are at the 14th spot in the NBA’s scoring charts (111.2 PPG), while the Pistons allow the 22nd-fewest points per game (113.6) in the league.
- The Hawks have scored a total of 25 more points than their opponents this year (an average of two per game), while the Pistons have been out-scored by opponents on average this year (by 61 total points, -4.7 per game).
- Young leads the Hawks in scoring (22.9 points per game) and assisting (8.9 assists per game).
- Young’s PRA prop over/under for the matchup is set at 39.5, 3.2 higher than his season average of 36.3.
- Atlanta’s rebounding leader is Clint Capela, who pulls down 13.1 per game.
- Capela’s rebounding prop over/under for the matchup is listed at 13.5 boards, 0.4 rebounds greater than his season average of 13.1.
- Bogdan Bogdanovic is the top three-point shooter for the Hawks, connecting on 2.3 per game.
- Bogdanovic’s three pointers made prop total for the contest is set at 2.5, 0.2 shots greater than his season average of 2.3.
- Cameron Reddish leads the team with 1.4 steals per game. Capela collects 1.4 blocks an outing to pace Atlanta.
- Reddish’s steals prop over/under for the contest is set at 0.5, 0.9 steals less than his season average of 1.4.
- The Pistons leader in scoring is Grant with 24.9 points per game. He also adds 6.1 rebounds per game and 2.5 assists per game.
- Grant’s PRA prop total for the game is listed at 20.5, 13.0 less than his season average of 33.5.
- The Detroit leaders in rebounds and assists are Mason Plumlee (8.7 rebounds per game) and Derrick Rose (5.1 assists per game).
- Rose’s PRA prop over/under for the game is set at 25.5, 2.9 higher than his season average of 22.6.
- Grant makes more threes per game than any other member of the Pistons, averaging 2.7 treys per game.
- Grant’s three pointers made prop over/under for the game is set at 1.5, 1.2 shots lower than his season average of 2.7.
- Nobody on Detroit grabs more steals than Plumlee (1.5 per game) or blocks more shots than Grant (1.3 per game).
- Plumlee’s steals prop total for the game is set at 0.5, 1.0 steal lower than his season average of 1.5.
Powered By Data Skrive using data from