Trae Young leads the Atlanta Hawks (2-0) against the Detroit Pistons (0-2) after putting up 36 points in a 122-112 win over the Grizzlies. The Pistons are 9-point underdogs in the game on Monday, December 28, 2020, which tips at 7:30 PM ET on FS-DET. The matchup has an over/under of 225 points.
The betting insights in this article reflect odds data from DraftKings Sportsbook as of December 28, 2020, 12:40 AM ET. See table below for current betting odds.
Hawks vs Pistons Betting Odds
Hawks vs Pistons Props
Looking to bet on props for this game? Use our prop search tool to find the best odds across legal sportsbooks in the US.
Injury Report as of December 28
Hawks: Clint Capela: Day To Day (Achilles), Onyeka Okongwu: Out (Foot), Kris Dunn: Out (Right ankle), Danilo Gallinari: Day To Day (Left foot), Tony Snell: Out (Foot)
Pistons: Sekou Doumbouya: Day To Day (Right foot), Blake Griffin: Out (Injury management), Derrick Rose: Out (Rest), Jahlil Okafor: Day To Day (Right ankle)
Hawks and Pistons Records ATS
- Atlanta managed to cover the spread in less than half its games last season, amassing a record of 29-35-2 against the spread.
- In 57.6% of its games last season (38/66), Atlanta and its opponents outscored the set over/under.
- Detroit generally came up short ATS last season, with a 27-37-1 record.
- 41.5% of Detroit’s 65 games last season stayed under the over/under.
Head to Head
In the last matchup between the teams on Saturday, the Pistons defeated the Hawks 136-103. John Collins led the Hawks with 20 points, and Derrick Rose paced the Pistons with 27. The Pistons covered the spread as 1-point favorites, and the teams scored 239 total points to finish over on the 227.5-point over/under.
|Date||Favorite||Home Team||Spread||Total||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Game Type||Result|
|1/18/2020||Pistons||Hawks||-1||227.5||-115||-104||Regular Season||136-103 DET*|
|11/22/2019||Pistons||Pistons||-6.5||226.5||-254||207||Regular Season||128-103 DET*|
|10/24/2019||Pistons||Pistons||-1.5||221.5||-120||101||Regular Season||117-100 ATL*|
|2/22/2019||–||Hawks||–||–||–||–||Regular Season||125-122 DET|
|12/23/2018||–||Pistons||–||–||–||–||Regular Season||98-95 ATL|
|11/9/2018||–||Hawks||–||–||–||–||Regular Season||124-109 DET|
|2/14/2018||–||Pistons||–||–||–||–||Regular Season||104-98 DET|
|2/11/2018||–||Hawks||–||–||–||–||Regular Season||118-115 ATL|
|12/14/2017||–||Hawks||–||–||–||–||Regular Season||105-91 DET|
|11/10/2017||–||Pistons||–||–||–||–||Regular Season||111-104 DET|
- 1/18/2020 DNP – Hawks: Jabari Parker; Pistons: Luke Kennard, Blake Griffin, Reggie Jackson
- 11/22/2019 DNP – Hawks: John Collins, Kevin Huerter; Pistons: Reggie Jackson
- 10/24/2019 DNP – Pistons: Blake Griffin
- Atlanta and its opponents went over Monday’s 225 total in 41 out of 67 games (61.2%) last season.
- 27 Detroit games last year (40.9% of its matchups) ended with a final score greater than Monday’s point total of 225 points.
- The Hawks saw a 231.5 average over/under in their games last season, 6.5 points more than the over/under in this contest.
- The over/under for this game is seven points more than the average over/under in Pistons’ games last season (218 points).
- The average implied total for the Hawks last season was 117.3 points, 0.3 more points than their implied total of 117 points in Monday’s game.
- Last season, Atlanta outscored its implied point total for this matchup (117) 22 times.
- The Pistons’ average implied point total last season (112.1 points) is 4.1 points higher than their implied total in this matchup (108 points).
- Detroit scored more than 108 points in 32 games last season.
- Last season, the Hawks were at the 17th spot in the NBA’s scoring charts (111.8 PPG), while the Pistons allowed the 15th-fewest points per game (110.8) in the league.
- The Hawks had a negative point differential on the season (-534 total points, -7.9 per game), as did the Pistons (-235 total points, -3.6 per game).
- Young put up 29.6 points per game last season and recorded 9.3 assists.
- Clint Capela collected 13.8 rebounds per game.
- Kris Dunn grabbed 2.0 per game. Capela averaged 1.8 blocks a game.
- Rose averaged 18.1 points per game last season and dished out 5.6 assists.
- Mason Plumlee pulled down 5.2 rebounds per game.
- Delon Wright nicked 1.2 steals per game. Jerami Grant collected 0.8 blocks a game.
Powered By Data Skrive using data from