The Atlanta Hawks (4-4) are favored (-4) to stop a three-game losing streak when they visit the Charlotte Hornets (4-5) at 7:00 PM ET on Saturday, January 9, 2021 at Spectrum Center. The matchup airs on FS-SE. The over/under for the matchup is 227.
The betting insights in this article reflect odds data from FanDuel Sportsbook as of January 9, 2021, 12:41 AM ET. See table below for current betting odds.
Hawks vs Hornets Betting Odds
Hawks vs Hornets Props
Looking to bet on props for this game? Use our prop search tool to find the best odds across legal sportsbooks in the US.
Injury Report as of January 9
Rajon Rondo: Out (Knee),
Danilo Gallinari: Out (Ankle),
Onyeka Okongwu: Out (Foot),
Kris Dunn: Out (Right ankle),
Bruno Fernando: Day To Day (Hip),
Tony Snell: Day To Day (Foot)
Cody Zeller: Out (Hand)
Hawks and Hornets Records ATS
- Atlanta’s against the spread record this season is an even 4-4.
- The Hawks have a losing record against the spread when favored by at least 4 points, going 0-4 this season.
- Only 2 of 8 Atlanta games this season (25%) resulted in a total more than the contest’s over/under.
- With a 4-5 record ATS, Charlotte has not routinely covered the spread this season.
- For the second time this season, the Hornets are at least a 4-point underdog, where they have a record of 0-1 against the spread.
- 33.3% of Charlotte’s 9 games this season have gone over the over/under.
Head to Head
Gordon Hayward scored a team-high 44 points to lead the Hornets past John Collins (23 points) and the Hawks 102-94 in their last matchup on Wednesday. The Hawks were favored by 6 points in the game, but the Hornets covered the spread in the loss. The teams scored 196 total points to fall short of the 232.5-point over/under.
|Date||Favorite||Home Team||Spread||Total||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Game Type||Result|
|1/6/2021||Hawks||Hawks||-6||232.5||-231||189||Regular Season||102-94 CHA|
|3/9/2020||Hawks||Hawks||-5||222||-200||163||Regular Season||143-138 ATL|
|12/8/2019||Hornets||Hornets||-2||223||-125||105||Regular Season||122-107 ATL*|
|2/9/2019||–||Hawks||–||–||–||–||Regular Season||129-120 CHA|
|11/28/2018||–||Hornets||–||–||–||–||Regular Season||108-94 CHA|
|11/25/2018||–||Hawks||–||–||–||–||Regular Season||124-123 ATL|
|11/6/2018||–||Hornets||–||–||–||–||Regular Season||113-102 CHA|
|3/15/2018||–||Hawks||–||–||–||–||Regular Season||129-117 CHA|
|1/31/2018||–||Hawks||–||–||–||–||Regular Season||123-110 CHA|
|1/26/2018||–||Hornets||–||–||–||–||Regular Season||121-110 CHA|
- Atlanta and its opponents have gone over Saturday’s 227 total in 41 out of eight games (512.5%) this year.
- In Charlotte’s games this season, the competing teams combined for a higher point total than Saturday’s matchup point total in three out of nine matchups (33.3%).
- This season the average total for Hawks games is 226.2 points, 0.8 fewer than the over/under of 227 points for this contest.
- A difference of 9.1 points separates this matchup’s over/under (227 points) and the average total points bet in Hornets’ games (217.9 points) this season.
- The average implied total for the Hawks this season is 119.6 points, 3.6 more points than their implied total of 116 points in Saturday’s game.
- Atlanta has outscored its implied point total for this matchup (116) 24 times this season.
- The average implied point total on the season for the Hornets (114.7) is 2.7 more points than the team’s implied total in this matchup (112).
- Charlotte has scored more than 112 points in four games this season.
- The Hawks are the league’s sixth-highest scoring team (115.2 PPG), while the Hornets allow the 14th-fewest points per game (110) in NBA play.
- The Hawks have put up a total of 34 more points than their opponents this year (an average of 4.2 per game), while the Hornets have been out-scored by opponents on average this year (by 19 total points, -2.1 per game).
- Trae Young leads the Hawks in scoring (25.9 points per game) and assisting (8.4 assists per game).
- Young’s points prop over/under for the contest is set at 27.5, 1.6 points greater than his season average of 25.9.
- Atlanta is led in rebounds by Clint Capela’s 13.2 per game.
- Capela’s rebounding prop over/under for the contest is set at 13.5 rebounds, 0.3 rebounds higher than his season average of 13.2.
- Bogdan Bogdanovic is the top three-point shooter for the Hawks, connecting on 2.5 per game.
- Bogdanovic’s three pointers made prop total for the contest is set at 2.5, equal to his season average of 2.5.
- Atlanta’s blocks leader is Capela, who records 1.2 per game. Kevin Huerter leads the team averaging 1.3 steals an outing.
- Huerter’s steals prop over/under for the contest is set at 0.5, 0.8 steals lower than his season average of 1.3.
- The Hornets leader in scoring is Hayward with 22.3 points per game. He also adds 5.8 rebounds per game and 4.2 assists per game.
- Hayward’s points prop over/under for the contest is set at 17.5, 4.8 points less than his season average of 22.3.
- The Charlotte leaders in rebounds and assists are Bismack Biyombo (7.1 rebounds per game) and Devonte’ Graham (6.4 assists per game).
- Biyombo’s PRA prop total for the contest is set at 10.5, 7.7 lower than his season average of 18.2.
- Terry Rozier is tops from three-point range for the Hornets, hitting 3.4 threes per game.
- Rozier’s three pointers made prop total for the game is set at 2.5, 0.9 shots less than his season average of 3.4.
- Nobody on Charlotte grabs more steals than Hayward (1.7 per game) or blocks more shots than Miles Bridges (1.3 per game).
- Hayward’s steals prop total for the game is set at 0.5, 1.2 steals lower than his season average of 1.7.
The spread for this matchup suggested by the model (0.8 points) is significantly less than the 4-point edge FanDuel gives to the Hawks, though the data still has them as the favorite. Put your money on the Hornets to cover.
Powered By Data Skrive using data from