The Charlotte Hornets (2-5) will look to stop a three-game losing streak when they visit the Atlanta Hawks (4-3) on Wednesday, January 6, 2021 at State Farm Arena as underdogs. The contest airs at 7:30 PM ET on FS-SE. The over/under in the matchup is .
The betting insights in this article reflect odds data from FanDuel Sportsbook as of January 6, 2021, 12:40 AM ET. See table below for current betting odds.
Hawks vs Hornets Betting Odds
Hawks vs Hornets Props
Looking to bet on props for this game? Use our prop search tool to find the best odds across legal sportsbooks in the US.
Injury Report as of January 6
Rajon Rondo: Out (Knee),
Danilo Gallinari: Out (Ankle),
Onyeka Okongwu: Out (Foot),
Kris Dunn: Out (Right ankle),
Bogdan Bogdanovic: Day To Day (Ankle),
Tony Snell: Out (Foot)
Cody Zeller: Out (Hand)
Hawks and Hornets Records ATS
- Atlanta has played to a 4-3 record against the spread this season.
- The Hawks have a losing record against the spread when favored by at least 6 points, going 0-2 this season.
- Only 2 of 7 Atlanta games this season (28.6%) resulted in a total more than the contest’s over/under.
- Charlotte holds a losing record ATS this season with two wins and five losses ATS.
- 28.6% of Charlotte’s 7 games this season have gone over the over/under.
Head to Head
Trae Young (31 points) led the Hawks past Terry Rozier (40 points) and the Hornets 143-138 in their last matchup on Monday. The Hawks were favored by 5 points in the game, which pushed. The 281 total points in the matchup covered the 222-point over/under.
|Date||Favorite||Home Team||Spread||Total||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Game Type||Result|
|3/9/2020||Hawks||Hawks||-5||222||-200||163||Regular Season||143-138 ATL|
|12/8/2019||Hornets||Hornets||-2||223||-125||105||Regular Season||122-107 ATL*|
|2/9/2019||–||Hawks||–||–||–||–||Regular Season||129-120 CHA|
|11/28/2018||–||Hornets||–||–||–||–||Regular Season||108-94 CHA|
|11/25/2018||–||Hawks||–||–||–||–||Regular Season||124-123 ATL|
|11/6/2018||–||Hornets||–||–||–||–||Regular Season||113-102 CHA|
|3/15/2018||–||Hawks||–||–||–||–||Regular Season||129-117 CHA|
|1/31/2018||–||Hawks||–||–||–||–||Regular Season||123-110 CHA|
|1/26/2018||–||Hornets||–||–||–||–||Regular Season||121-110 CHA|
|10/20/2017||–||Hornets||–||–||–||–||Regular Season||109-91 CHA|
- 12/8/2019 DNP – Hawks: John Collins
- Atlanta’s games this season have resulted in a higher total score than Wednesday’s matchup over/under (232 points) in 36 out of seven opportunities (514.3% of matchups).
- Two Charlotte games this year (28.6% of its matchups) finished with a final score higher than Wednesday’s point total of 232 points.
- This season the average total for Hawks games is 230.6 points, 1.4 fewer than the over/under of 232 points for this contest.
- Hornets’ games have an over/under of 219.6 points this season, 12.4 points fewer than the total points bet for this matchup.
- The Hawks’ average implied point total this season is 0.7 more points than their implied total in Wednesday’s game (119.7 implied points on average compared to 119 implied points in this game).
- This season, Atlanta has outscored its implied point total for this matchup (119) 18 times.
- The average implied point total on the season for the Hornets (114.3) is 1.3 more points than the team’s implied total in this matchup (113).
- Charlotte has scored more than this game’s implied total of 113 points two times this season.
- The Hawks are the league’s fourth-highest scoring team (118.3 PPG), while the Hornets allow the 18th-fewest points per game (112.3) in NBA play.
- The Hawks have out-scored their opponents by a total of 42 points this season (six points per game on average), and opponents of the Hornets have out-scored them by 35 more points on the year (five per game).
- Young leads the Hawks in scoring (28.6 points per game) and assisting (9.1 assists per game).
- Young’s points prop over/under for the contest is set at 28.5, 0.1 points lower than his season average of 28.6.
- Atlanta’s rebounding leader is Clint Capela, who grabs 12.0 per game.
- Capela’s rebounding prop total for the matchup is set at 12.5 boards, 0.5 rebounds greater than his season average of 12.0.
- The Hawks are led by Bogdan Bogdanovic from long distance. He connects on 2.9 shots from deep per game.
- Bogdanovic’s three pointers made prop over/under for the contest is set at 2.5, 0.4 shots lower than his season average of 2.9.
- Atlanta’s steals leader is Kevin Huerter, who grabs 1.4 per game. Capela leads the team averaging 1.2 blocks a game.
- Capela’s blocks prop total for the game is set at 1.5, 0.3 blocks higher than his season average of 1.2.
- Rozier outpaced his teammates on the Hornets scoring front by putting up 21.6 points per game. He adds 3.1 rebounds and 3.0 assists per game this season.
- Rozier’s points prop total for the game is set at 17.5, 4.1 points lower than his season average of 21.6.
- When it comes to Charlotte leaders in rebounds and assists, the team has two players at the top: Bismack Biyombo with 7.1 rebounds per game and Devonte’ Graham with 6.1 assists per game.
- Biyombo’s PRA prop over/under for the contest is set at 10.5, 8.9 less than his season average of 19.4.
- Rozier leads the Hornets in shooting from beyond the arc, averaging 3.6 made threes per game.
- Rozier’s three pointers made prop total for the contest is set at 2.5, 1.1 shots less than his season average of 3.6.
- LaMelo Ball is at the top of Charlotte’s steals hierarchy with 1.9 steals per game and Miles Bridges leads the squad in blocks with 1.6 per game.
- Bridges’ blocks prop over/under for the contest is set at 0.5, 1.1 blocks lower than his season average of 1.6.
Powered By Data Skrive using data from