Nickeil Alexander-Walker leads the New Orleans Pelicans (21-26) into a matchup with the Atlanta Hawks (24-24) after scoring 31 points in a 115-110 loss to the Magic. The Pelicans are underdogs in the game on Friday, April 2, which tips off at 9:00 PM ET on BSSE. The point total is set at for the matchup.
The betting insights in this article reflect odds data from DraftKings Sportsbook as of April 2, 2021, 6:40 AM ET. See table below for current betting odds.
Hawks vs Pelicans Betting Odds
Hawks vs Pelicans Props
Looking to bet on props for this game? Use our prop search tool to find the best odds across legal sportsbooks in the US.
Injury Report as of April 2
John Collins: Out (Ankle),
Cam Reddish: Out (Achilles),
Kris Dunn: Out (Ankle),
De’Andre Hunter: Out (Knee)
Lonzo Ball: Out (Hip),
Brandon Ingram: Out (Foot),
Zion Williamson: Out (Thumb)
Hawks and Pelicans Records ATS
- Atlanta is over .500 against the spread this season with a record of 24-23-1.
- When favored by at least 2 points, the Hawks are 12-10-1 against the spread this season.
- Atlanta and its opponents have gone over the set total in only 23 of 48 games this season (47.9%).
- New Orleans has a 22-24 record against the spread this season.
- For the 22nd time this season, the Pelicans are at least a 2-point underdog, where they have a record of 7-14 against the spread.
- 34.8% of New Orleans’ 46 games this season have missed the over/under.
- Atlanta’s games this year have gone over the point total for Friday’s matchup total (223.5 points) in 56.2% of opportunities (27 out of 48 matchups).
- In 68.1% of New Orleans’ games this season (32 of 47), the total points scored was greater than Friday’s 223.5-point over/under.
- This season, the average total for Hawks games is 224.3 points, 0.8 more than the over/under of 223.5 points for this contest.
- A difference of 6.4 points separates the average total points bet in Pelicans’ games (229.9 points) and this game’s over/under (223.5 points).
- The Hawks have an average implied point total of 115.9 this season, which is 2.9 points higher than their implied total in Friday’s game (113).
- Atlanta has outscored its implied point total for this matchup (113) 25 times this season.
- The average implied point total on the season for the Pelicans (115.7) is 4.7 more points than the team’s implied total in this matchup (111).
- New Orleans has scored more than 111 points in 32 games on the season.
- The Hawks are the NBA’s 12th-highest scoring team (112.9 PPG), while the Pelicans allow their opponents the 26th-fewest points per game (114.7) in the league.
- The Hawks have out-scored their opponents by a total of 68 points this season (1.4 points per game on average), and the Pelicans have put up 24 more points than their opponents on the year (0.5 per game).
- Trae Young leads the Hawks in points and assists. He puts up 25.5 points per game while adding 9.6 assists.
- Young’s points prop over/under for the contest is set at 22.5, 3.0 points lower than his season average of 25.5.
- Atlanta’s rebounding leader is Clint Capela, who averages 14.2 per game.
- Capela’s PRA prop total for the game is set at 29.5, 0.5 less than his season average of 30.0.
- Young is the top three-point shooter for the Hawks, hitting 2.4 per game.
- Young’s three pointers made prop total for the contest is set at 2.5, 0.1 shots greater than his season average of 2.4.
- Atlanta’s steals leader is Cameron Reddish, who grabs 1.3 per game. Capela leads the team averaging 2.2 blocks an outing.
- Capela’s blocks prop total for the game is set at 1.5, 0.7 blocks lower than his season average of 2.2.
- The Pelicans leader in scoring is Zion Williamson with 26.4 points per game. He also adds 7.1 rebounds per game and 3.5 assists per game.
- Williamson’s points prop total for the contest is set at 28.5, 2.1 points greater than his season average of 26.4.
- When it comes to New Orleans leaders in rebounds and assists, the team has two players at the top: Steven Adams with 8.9 rebounds per game and Lonzo Ball with 5.6 assists per game.
- Adams’ PRA prop over/under for the contest is set at 19.5, 0.7 higher than his season average of 18.8.
- Ball makes more threes per game than any other member of the Pelicans, averaging 3.0 treys per game.
- Ball’s three pointers made prop over/under for the game is set at 2.5, 0.5 shots less than his season average of 3.0.
- Ball is at the top of New Orleans’ steals hierarchy with 1.3 steals per game and James Johnson leads the squad in blocks with 0.8 per game.
- Ball’s steals prop total for the contest is set at 1.5, 0.2 steals higher than his season average of 1.3.
Powered By Data Skrive using data from