The Memphis Grizzlies (0-0) host the San Antonio Spurs (0-0) in a matchup of Southwest Division teams at FedExForum, tipping off at 8:00 PM ET on Wednesday, December 23, 2020. The Grizzlies are in the game, the first matchup between the squads this season.
The betting insights in this article reflect odds data from DraftKings Sportsbook as of December 22, 2020, 3:40 PM ET. See table below for current betting odds.
Grizzlies vs Spurs Betting Odds
Injury Report as of December 22
Grizzlies and Spurs Records ATS
- Memphis went over .500 against the spread last season with a record of 37-36-1.
- The Grizzlies were 10-7 against the spread in 2019-20 when they were at least a 2-point favorite.
- Memphis and its opponents went over the set total in only 35 of 74 games last season (47.3%).
- San Antonio held a losing record ATS last season with 30 wins, 39 losses, and two ties ATS.
- The Spurs were at least a 2-point underdog 28th times last season, where they had a record of 7-19-1 against the spread.
- San Antonio and its opponents typically covered the over/under last season, doing so in 59.2% (42) of its 71 games played.
Head to Head
The Spurs defeated the Grizzlies 108-106 in the last meeting between the teams on Sunday. Dejounte Murray scored 21 points to pace the Spurs, and Ja Morant scored 25 points for the Grizzlies. The Spurs covered the spread as 3-point underdogs, and the teams fell short of the 236-point over/under after combining to score 214.
|Date||Favorite||Home Team||Spread||Total||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Game Type||Result|
|8/2/2020||Grizzlies||Grizzlies||-3||236||-149||124||Regular Season||108-106 SA*|
|1/10/2020||Spurs||Grizzlies||-1||231.5||-113||-107||Regular Season||134-121 MEM|
|12/23/2019||Spurs||Grizzlies||-1.5||227||-119||100||Regular Season||145-115 SA|
|11/11/2019||Spurs||Spurs||-10.5||225||-582||440||Regular Season||113-109 MEM|
|2/12/2019||–||Grizzlies||–||–||–||–||Regular Season||108-107 SA|
|1/9/2019||–||Grizzlies||–||–||–||–||Regular Season||96-86 MEM|
|1/5/2019||–||Spurs||–||–||–||–||Regular Season||108-88 SA|
|11/21/2018||–||Spurs||–||–||–||–||Regular Season||104-103 MEM|
|3/5/2018||–||Spurs||–||–||–||–||Regular Season||100-98 SA|
|1/24/2018||–||Grizzlies||–||–||–||–||Regular Season||108-85 SA|
- 8/2/2020 DNP – Spurs: Bryn Forbes
- Last season, the Grizzlies were the NBA’s 14th-highest scoring team (112.8 PPG), while the Spurs allowed their opponents the 25th-fewest points per game (115.2) in the league.
- The Grizzlies had a -82-point scoring differential last season (-1.1 per game). The Spurs were also been out-scored by opponents on average last year (-79 total points, -1.1 per game).
- Morant scored 17.8 points per game and averaged 7.3 assists per game last season.
- Jonas Valanciunas collected 11.3 rebounds per game.
- De’Anthony Melton grabbed 1.3 per game. Jaren Jackson Jr. averaged 1.6 blocks an outing.
- DeMar DeRozan scored 22.1 points per game and averaged 5.6 assists per game last season.
- LaMarcus Aldridge grabbed 7.4 rebounds per game.
- Murray grabbed 1.7 steals per game. Aldridge collected 1.6 blocks a game.
Powered By Data Skrive using data from