The Memphis Grizzlies (0-1) host the Atlanta Hawks (1-0) as 1-point favorites after Ja Morant put up 44 points in the Grizzlies’ 131-119 loss to the Spurs. The matchup airs on NBA TV at 5:00 PM ET on Saturday, December 26, 2020. The matchup’s point total is set at 237.
The betting insights in this article reflect odds data from DraftKings Sportsbook as of December 26, 2020, 12:40 AM ET. See table below for current betting odds.
Grizzlies vs Hawks Betting Odds
Grizzlies vs Hawks Props
Looking to bet on props for this game? Use our prop search tool to find the best odds across legal sportsbooks in the US.
Injury Report as of December 26
Grizzlies: Xavier Tillman: Day To Day (Patellar Tendinitis), Jontay Porter: Day To Day (Knee), Justise Winslow: Day To Day (Hip), Jaren Jackson Jr.: Day To Day (Knee), Killian Tillie: Day To Day (Hamstring)
Hawks: Clint Capela: Day To Day (Achilles), Onyeka Okongwu: Out (Foot), Rajon Rondo: Day To Day (Health protocols), Kris Dunn: Out (Knee), Tony Snell: Day To Day (Foot)
Grizzlies and Hawks Records ATS
- Memphis went over .500 against the spread last season with a record of 37-36-1.
- When favored by at least 1 point, the Grizzlies were 13-8 against the spread last season.
- Memphis and its opponents went over the set total in only 35 of 74 games last season (47.3%).
- With a 29-35-2 record ATS, Atlanta did not always covered the spread last season.
- When playing as at least a 1-point underdog last season, the Hawks managed an even 4-4-2 record against the spread.
- 42.4% of Atlanta’s 66 games last season fell below the over/under.
Head to Head
Jonas Valanciunas (27 points) led the Grizzlies past John Collins (27 points) and the Hawks 118-101 in their last matchup on Saturday. The Grizzlies were favored by 6.5 points in the game, and covered the spread. The 219 total points in the matchup fell short of the 234-point over/under.
|Date||Favorite||Home Team||Spread||Total||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Game Type||Result|
|3/7/2020||Grizzlies||Grizzlies||-6.5||234||-269||217||Regular Season||118-101 MEM|
|3/2/2020||Hawks||Hawks||-2||240||-128||108||Regular Season||127-88 MEM|
|3/13/2019||–||Hawks||–||–||–||–||Regular Season||132-111 ATL|
|10/19/2018||–||Grizzlies||–||–||–||–||Regular Season||131-117 MEM|
|2/6/2018||–||Hawks||–||–||–||–||Regular Season||108-82 ATL|
|12/15/2017||–||Grizzlies||–||–||–||–||Regular Season||96-94 MEM|
|3/16/2017||–||Hawks||–||–||–||–||Regular Season||103-91 MEM|
|3/11/2017||–||Grizzlies||–||–||–||–||Regular Season||107-90 ATL|
|3/12/2016||–||Hawks||–||–||–||–||Regular Season||95-83 ATL|
|11/27/2015||–||Grizzlies||–||–||–||–||Regular Season||116-101 ATL|
- Memphis’ games last year went over the point total for Saturday’s matchup point total (237 points) in 29.7% of opportunities (22 out of 74 matchups).
- 32 Atlanta games last year (47.8% of its matchups) finished with a final point total higher than Saturday’s point total of 237 points.
- The Grizzlies saw a 226.6 average over/under in their games last season, 10.4 points fewer than the over/under in this contest.
- The over/under for this matchup is 5.5 points more than the average over/under in Hawks’ games last season (231.5 points).
- The average implied total for the Grizzlies last season was 116.1 points, 2.9 fewer points than their implied total of 119 points in Saturday’s game.
- Memphis outscored this matchup’s implied point total (119) 24 times last season.
- The 117.3-point average implied total for the Hawks last season is 0.7 fewer points than the team’s 118-point implied total in this matchup.
- Atlanta scored more than this game’s implied total of 118 points 20 times last season.
- Last season, the Grizzlies were the NBA’s 14th-highest scoring team (112.8 PPG), while the Hawks allowed their opponents the most points per game (119.7) in the league.
- The Grizzlies had a -82-point scoring differential last season (-1.1 per game). The Hawks were also been out-scored by opponents on average last year (-534 total points, -7.9 per game).
- Morant scored 17.8 points per game and dished out 7.3 assists per game last season.
- Valanciunas pulled down 11.3 rebounds per game.
- De’Anthony Melton grabbed 1.3 steals per game. Jaren Jackson Jr. collected 1.6 blocks a game.
- Trae Young racked up 29.6 points per game last season and recorded 9.3 assists.
- Clint Capela grabbed 13.8 rebounds per game.
- Kris Dunn nicked 2.0 steals per game. Capela collected 1.8 blocks a game.
Powered By Data Skrive using data from