The Memphis Grizzlies (2-5) are favorites as they look to break a four-game home losing streak when they square off against the Cleveland Cavaliers (4-4) on Thursday, January 7, 2021 at FedExForum. The matchup airs at 8:00 PM ET on FS-SE. The point total in the matchup is set at .
The betting insights in this article reflect odds data from FanDuel Sportsbook as of January 7, 2021, 12:40 AM ET. See table below for current betting odds.
Grizzlies vs Cavaliers Betting Odds
Grizzlies vs Cavaliers Props
Looking to bet on props for this game? Use our prop search tool to find the best odds across legal sportsbooks in the US.
Injury Report as of January 7
Jontay Porter: Out (Knee),
Justise Winslow: Out (Hip),
Ja Morant: Out (Ankle),
Jaren Jackson Jr.: Out (Knee),
John Konchar: Out (Ankle),
Killian Tillie: Out (Hip)
Dante Exum: Out (Calf),
Darius Garland: Out (Right Shoulder),
Dylan Windler: Out (Wrist),
Kevin Love: Out (Calf),
Kevin Porter Jr.: Out (Personal),
Matthew Dellavedova: Out (Concussion)
Grizzlies and Cavaliers Records ATS
- Memphis is under .500 against the spread this season with a record of 3-4
- Memphis and its opponents have gone over the set total in only 2 of 7 games this season (28.6%).
- Over the course of this season, Cleveland has come up with a balanced record of 4-4 ATS.
- Six of Cleveland’s eight games (75%) this season haven’t covered the over/under.
Head to Head
The Grizzlies got a team-high 26 points out of Dillon Brooks on the way to a 113-109 victory over Collin Sexton (28 points) and the Cavaliers in their most recent matchup on Friday. The Grizzlies were 9-point favorites in the game, but the Cavaliers covered the spread in the win. The teams combined to score 222 total points to fall short of the 230.5-point over/under.
|Date||Favorite||Home Team||Spread||Total||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Game Type||Result|
|1/17/2020||Grizzlies||Grizzlies||-9||230.5||-432||333||Regular Season||113-109 MEM|
|12/20/2019||Grizzlies||Cavaliers||-2.5||221.5||-141||119||Regular Season||114-107 CLE|
|2/23/2019||–||Cavaliers||–||–||–||–||Regular Season||112-107 CLE|
|12/26/2018||–||Grizzlies||–||–||–||–||Regular Season||95-87 MEM|
|2/23/2018||–||Grizzlies||–||–||–||–||Regular Season||112-89 CLE|
|12/2/2017||–||Cavaliers||–||–||–||–||Regular Season||116-111 CLE|
|12/14/2016||–||Grizzlies||–||–||–||–||Regular Season||93-85 MEM|
|12/13/2016||–||Cavaliers||–||–||–||–||Regular Season||103-86 CLE|
|3/7/2016||–||Cavaliers||–||–||–||–||Regular Season||106-103 MEM|
|10/28/2015||–||Grizzlies||–||–||–||–||Regular Season||106-76 CLE|
- Memphis and its opponents have hit the over on Thursday’s 211 total in 60 out of seven games (857.1%) this year.
- In 50% of Cleveland’s games this season (4 of 8), the total points scored was higher than Thursday’s 211-point over/under.
- This season, the average total for Grizzlies games is 219 points, eight more than the over/under of 211 points for this contest.
- A difference of 2.9 points separates this game’s over/under (211 points) and the average total points bet in Cavaliers’ games (208.1 points) this season.
- The Grizzlies’ average implied point total this season is 7.3 more points than their implied total in Thursday’s game (115.3 implied points on average compared to 108 implied points in this game).
- Memphis has scored more than its implied point total for this matchup (108) 48 times this season.
- The average implied point total on the season for the Cavaliers (111.1) is 7.1 more points than the team’s implied total in this matchup (104).
- Cleveland has scored more than 104 points three times this season.
- The Grizzlies are at the 24th spot in the NBA’s scoring charts (106.9 PPG), while the Cavaliers allow the fourth-fewest points per game (105) in the league.
- The Grizzlies have a negative point differential on the season (-37 total points, -5.2 per game), as do the Cavaliers (-15 total points, -1.9 per game).
- Brooks leads the Grizzlies scoring 16.9 points per game.
- Brooks’ PRA prop over/under for the game is set at 24.5, 0.1 less than his season average of 24.6.
- Jonas Valanciunas paces Memphis with 11.6 rebounds a game and Tyus Jones leads the team with 4.7 assists per contest.
- Valanciunas’ PRA prop total for the contest is set at 30.5, 2.4 higher than his season average of 28.1.
- The Grizzlies are led by Brooks from beyond the arc. He connects on 2.4 shots from deep per game.
- Brooks’ three pointers made prop total for the contest is set at 2.5, 0.1 shots greater than his season average of 2.4.
- Brooks leads the team with 1.9 steals per game. Brandon Clarke collects 0.9 blocks a game to pace Memphis.
- Brooks’ steals prop over/under for the game is set at 1.5, 0.4 steals lower than his season average of 1.9.
- The Cavaliers leader in scoring is Sexton with 25.1 points per game. He also adds 2.1 rebounds per game and 3.5 assists per game.
- Sexton’s points prop over/under for the contest is set at 25.5, 0.4 points higher than his season average of 25.1.
- The Cleveland leaders in rebounds and assists are Andre Drummond (14.3 rebounds per game) and Darius Garland (6.3 assists per game).
- Drummond’s rebounding prop total for the matchup is set at 13.5 boards, 0.8 rebounds lower than his season average of 14.3.
- Garland makes more threes per game than any other member of the Cavaliers, cashing in 2.5 treys per game.
- Garland’s three pointers made prop total for the game is set at 1.5, 1.0 shot less than his season average of 2.5.
- Larry Nance Jr. is at the top of Cleveland’s steals hierarchy with 2.4 steals per game and Drummond leads the squad in blocks with 1.8 per game.
- Drummond’s blocks prop over/under for the contest is set at 1.5, 0.3 blocks lower than his season average of 1.8.
Powered By Data Skrive using data from