Southwest Division opponents meet when the Memphis Grizzlies (21-22) visit the Houston Rockets (13-32) at Toyota Center, starting at 8:00 PM ET on Monday, March 29. The Rockets are underdogs in the game, the third matchup between the squads this season. The matchup has an over/under of points.
The betting insights in this article reflect odds data from DraftKings Sportsbook as of March 29, 2021, 6:40 AM ET. See table below for current betting odds.
Grizzlies vs Rockets Betting Odds
Grizzlies vs Rockets Props
Looking to bet on props for this game? Use our prop search tool to find the best odds across legal sportsbooks in the US.
Injury Report as of March 29
Jaren Jackson Jr.: Out (Knee)
Christian Wood: Day To Day (Knee),
David Nwaba: Out (Wrist),
Dante Exum: Out (Calf),
Eric Gordon: Out (Groin),
Avery Bradley: Day To Day (Calf)
Grizzlies and Rockets Records ATS
- Memphis has put together a 24-18-1 record against the spread this season.
- The Grizzlies are an even 3-3 against the spread this season when they are at least a 5-point favorite.
- Only 20 of 43 Memphis games this season (46.5%) resulted in a total more than the contest’s over/under.
- Houston has a 14-30-1 record ATS this season.
- For the sixth time this season, the Rockets are at least a 5-point underdog, where they have a record of 2-3 against the spread.
- 37.8% of Houston’s 45 games this season have gone over the over/under.
Head to Head
The Grizzlies got a team-high 20 points from Justise Winslow on the way to a 133-84 win against John Wall (14 points) and the Rockets in their last matchup on February 28, 2021. The Grizzlies were 4-point favorites in the game and covered the spread in the win. The teams scored 217 total points to finish under the 224-point over/under.
|Date||Favorite||Home Team||Spread||Total||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Game Type||Result|
|2/28/2021||Grizzlies||Rockets||-4||224||-166||138||Regular Season||133-84 MEM|
|2/4/2021||Grizzlies||Grizzlies||-3.5||226.5||-161||134||Regular Season||115-103 HOU|
- In Memphis’ matchups this season, the Grizzlies and their opponents have gone over Monday’s total of 221.5 points 24 times (55.8% of opportunities).
- 19 Houston games this year (42.2% of its matchups) ended with a final point total greater than Monday’s over/under of 221.5 points.
- The Grizzlies have seen a 222.9 average over/under in their games this season, 1.4 points more than the over/under in this contest.
- A difference of 1.0 point separates this matchup’s over/under (221.5 points) and the average total points bet in Rockets’ games (220.5 points) this season.
- The Grizzlies’ average implied point total this season is 1.4 more points than their implied total in Monday’s game (114.4 implied points on average compared to 113 implied points in this game).
- So far this season, Memphis has scored more than its implied point total for this matchup (113) 20 times.
- The average implied point total on the season for the Rockets (114.8) is 6.8 more points than the team’s implied total in this matchup (108).
- This season, Houston has scored more than this game’s implied total of 108 points 17 times.
- The Grizzlies are the NBA’s 20th-highest scoring team (111.5 PPG), while the Rockets allow their opponents the 22nd-fewest points per game (113.3) in the league.
- The Grizzlies have out-scored their opponents by only six points this season (0.1 points per game on average), and opponents of the Rockets have out-scored them by 273 more points on the year (6.1 per game).
- Ja Morant leads the Grizzlies in points and assists. He averages 19.3 points per game while tacking on 7.5 assists.
- Morant’s points prop total for the game is set at 18.5, 0.8 points lower than his season average of 19.3.
- Memphis’ rebounding leader is Jonas Valanciunas, who averages 12.5 per game.
- Valanciunas’ rebounding prop over/under for the contest is listed at 13.5 rebounds, 1.0 rebound higher than his season average of 12.5.
- Grayson Allen hits 2.1 threes per game to lead the Grizzlies.
- Allen’s three pointers made prop over/under for the game is set at 1.5, 0.6 shots less than his season average of 2.1.
- Memphis’ blocks leader is Brandon Clarke, who collects 0.8 per game. Dillon Brooks leads the team averaging 1.3 steals a contest.
- Clarke’s blocks prop over/under for the contest is set at 1.5, 0.7 blocks higher than his season average of 0.8.
- Christian Wood leads the team in both scoring (21.5 points per game) and rebounding (9.8 rebounds per game).
- Wood’s points prop total for the contest is set at 19.5, 2.0 points less than his season average of 21.5.
- Wall holds the title of Houston assist leader, dishing out 6.7 assists per game this season.
- Wall’s PRA prop total for the game is set at 32.5, 1.8 greater than his season average of 30.7.
- Eric Gordon is tops from three-point range for the Rockets, knocking down 2.6 threes per game.
- Nobody on Houston grabs more steals than Jae’Sean Tate (1.2 per game) or blocks more shots than Wood (1.4 per game).
- Wood’s blocks prop over/under for the contest is set at 1.5, 0.1 blocks higher than his season average of 1.4.
Powered By Data Skrive using data from