The Grambling Tigers (10-7, 3-2 SWAC) visit the Mississippi Valley State Delta Devils (2-18, 1-5 SWAC) in a matchup of SWAC rivals at Harrison HPER Complex, starting at 7:00 PM ET on Saturday, January 21, 2023. Keep reading to find betting insights and statistics to help place a wager on the Tigers’ (to win on the moneyline) contest versus the Delta Devils ( ).
The betting insights in what follows reference odds valid as of January 21, 2023 at 5:39 PM ET.
Claim Caesars Sportsbook Bonus Bonus up to $1,250!
Grambling vs Mississippi Valley State Betting Odds
Get in on the betting discussion! Chat with Eli Hershkovich and our team of experts every day in our FREE Discord community.
Grambling Offense Vs. Mississippi Valley State Defense
|Grambling Offense||Stats (Rank)||Mississippi Valley State Defense|
|68.7 (253)||Points/Gm||74.9 (318)|
|9.3 (237)||Possessions/Game||10.7 (176)|
|44.9 (162)||Field Goal %||46.3 (307)|
|32.6 (261)||3PT %||36.9 (320)|
|49.3 (262)||Effective FG %||54.4 (334)|
|51.2 (311)||True Shooting %||58.0 (269)|
Mississippi Valley State Offense Vs. Grambling Defense
|Mississippi Valley State Offense||Stats (Rank)||Grambling Defense|
|56.5 (364)||Points/Gm||64.2 (49)|
|10.7 (184)||Possessions/Game||9.3 (123)|
|38.3 (358)||Field Goal %||39.5 (18)|
|31.2 (307)||3PT %||32.1 (112)|
|42.3 (362)||Effective FG %||46.3 (39)|
|46.2 (360)||True Shooting %||52.1 (86)|
Best Betting Sites For Grambling vs Mississippi Valley State
Grambling Betting Insights
- Grambling is 7-8-0 ATS this season.
- The Tigers have covered the spread once when favored by 8.5 points or more this season (in four opportunities).
- Grambling and its opponents have combined to hit the over five out of 15 times this season.
- The Tigers’ 15 games this season have gone over this contest’s total of 130.5 points five times.
- Grambling’s outings this year have an average total of 132.9, 2.4 more points than this matchup’s over/under.
Mississippi Valley State Betting Insights
- Mississippi Valley State is 12-7-0 ATS this year.
- When playing as at least 8.5-point underdogs this year, the Delta Devils have an ATS record of 12-5.
- Mississippi Valley State and its opponents have combined to hit the over seven out of 19 times this year.
- The Delta Devils and their opponents have combined to score more than 130.5 points in 12 of 19 games this season.
- The average total for Mississippi Valley State’s games this season has been 131.3, 0.8 more points than this matchup’s over/under.
Grambling Key Players
- Cameron Christon leads the Tigers scoring 14.5 points per game.
- Shawndarius Cowart leads Grambling with 3.8 assists per game and Carte’Are Gordon paces the team with 7.1 rebounds per outing.
- Christon hits 1.5 treys per game to lead the Tigers.
- Grambling’s steals leader is Cowart, who collects 1.7 per game. Gordon leads the team averaging 1.6 blocks an outing.
Mississippi Valley State Key Players
- Terry Collins has shown out this season to lead the Delta Devils in points (14.0 per game), rebounds (4.4 per game), and assists (1.5 per game).
- Collins makes more threes per game than any other member of the Delta Devils, cashing in 2.1 treys per game.
- Collins tops Mississippi Valley State in steals with 1.3 per game, and Michael Barber leads the squad in blocks with 0.6 per game.