Euro 2024 Odds: Germany vs. Switzerland In Group A Matchday 3 On Sunday

, ,
Written By Mo Nuwwarah | Last Updated
Germany vs Switzerland odds

As Euro 2024 continues, TheLines will preview select matches in the event. Here, we’ll look at Germany vs. Switzerland odds, a matchup between two Group A that were the favorites to advance in Euro 2024 odds. Germany is on the three-way moneyline to win. Switzerland is . As far as predictions, the odds give Germany an implied probability of about 60% to win this game, with Switzerland winning and a draw making up the other 40%.

Click any of the odds below to make a wager at online betting sites.

Germany Vs. Switzerland Projected Starting Lineups

Here’s a glance at each team’s expected starting lineup:

GermanySwitzerland
GK Manuel NeuerGK Yann Sommer
DF Jonathan TahDF Manuel Akanji
DF Antonio RudigerDF Ricardo Rodriguez
DF Maximilian MittelstadtDF Fabian Schar
DF Joshua KimmichMF Granit Xhaka
MF Ilkay GundoganMF Remo Freuler
MF Toni KroosMF Xherdan Shaqiri
MF Robert AndrichMF Silvan Widmer
FW Florian WirtzMF Michel Aebischer
FW Jamal MusialaFW Ruben Vargas
FW Kai HavertzFW Dan Ndoye

One question heading into this match is how aggressively Germany wants to play. Thus far, behind young strikes Jamal Musiala and Kai Havertz, the German attack has been the most potent in the European Championship. They lead the field with seven goals, and their 4.17 expected goals rank third.

However, looking at the Group A table below, one can see that Germany is assured of first place with merely a draw. Given that pressing forward in search of goals can leave the back exposed, Germany may opt for a more defensive posture in this game.

Indeed, both teams assure advancement with a draw. Thus, while goals have come in bunches for both sides — Switzerland ranks tied for second with four — would both sides be content for a more tactical, lower-scoring affair?

Switzerland actually may benefit even more from a slow game. Even in a loss, they’d be almost assured of advancement. They currently have a six-goal cushion on Scotland in the goal differential. Thus, they simply need to avoid a wipeout loss.

Euro 2024 Team Profiles

Group AGroup BGroup CGroup DGroup EGroup F
GermanySpainEnglandFranceBelgiumPortugal
SwitzerlandItalyDenmarkNetherlandsUkraineTurkey
HungaryCroatiaSerbiaAustriaRomaniaCzech Republic
ScotlandAlbaniaSloveniaPolandSlovakiaGeorgia

Group A Table

TeamPointsRecordGoal Differential
Germany62-0-0+6
Switzerland41-1-0+2
Scotland10-1-1-4
Hungary00-2-0-4

Germany Vs. Switzerland: Game Props

See below for a selection of game props for Germany vs. Switzerland. These include both teams to score, as well as over/unders on cards shown and corners gained.

Germany Vs. Switzerland Odds: Player Props

See below for a full selection of player props for Germany vs. Switzerland odds, including to score a goal, to score the first goal, etc.

Latest Euro 2024 And Copa America News

Photo by Associated Press

RELATED ARTICLES