Euro 2024 Soccer Odds: Germany Hosts Scotland In First Match Of Tournament Friday

, ,
Written By Mo Nuwwarah | Last Updated
Germany vs Scotland odds

With Euro 2024 set to get underway, TheLines will preview select matches in the event. Here, we’ll look at Germany vs. Scotland odds, a matchup between two Group A teams to kick off Euro 2024 odds. Germany is on the three-way moneyline to win. Scotland is . As far as predictions, the odds give Germany an implied probability of about 77% to win this game, with Scotland winning and a draw making up the other 23%.

Click any of the odds below to make a wager at online betting sites.

Germany Vs. Scotland Projected Starting Lineups

Here’s a glance at each team’s expected starting lineup:

GK Manuel NeuerGK Angus Gunn
DF Joshua KimmichDF Ryan Porteous
DF Jonathan TahDF Jack Hendry
DF Antonio RudigerDF Kieran Tierney
DF David RaumDF Anthony Ralston
MF Toni KroosDF Andy Robertson
MF Robert AndrichMF Callum McGregor
MF Jamal MusialaMF Billy Gilmour
MF Ilkay GundoganMF John McGinn
MF Florian WirtzMF Scott McTominay
FW Niclas FullkrugFW Lyndon Dykes

Neither team enters the tournament particularly highly regarded. Germany ranks an uncharacteristic 16th in FIFA World Rankings, with Scotland checking in down at 39th.

However, due to their status as hosts, Germany still has one of the shorter numbers in futures markets. Scotland, meanwhile, is one of the longest shots in the tournament.

Speaking of hosts, that’s exactly how Germany qualified. They’re in automatically and did not need to play qualifying matches. In terms of recent form, they’re a mixed bag. They score victories in friendlies over France and the Netherlands this spring. However, they also dropped friendlies to Turkey and Austria in late 2023.

Scotland qualified via a second-place finish in Group A. They impressively split the series with group winners Spain, each team prevailing 2-0 at home.

Euro 2024 Team Profiles

Group AGroup BGroup CGroup DGroup EGroup F
HungaryCroatiaSerbiaAustriaRomaniaCzech Republic

Germany Vs. Scotland: Game Props

See below for a selection of game props for Germany vs. Scotland. These include both teams to score, as well as over/unders on cards shown and corners gained.

Germany Vs. Scotland Odds: Player Props

See below for a full selection of player props for Germany vs. Scotland odds, including to score a goal, to score the first goal, etc.

Latest Euro 2024 And Copa America News

Photo by Associated Press