The Rhode Island Rams (6-12, 2-4 A-10) will try to continue a four-game home win streak when they take on the George Mason Patriots (11-8, 3-3 A-10) on Saturday, January 21, 2023 at Ryan Center. The matchup airs at 12:00 PM ET on ESPN+. Keep reading to find betting insights and statistics to help place a wager on the Patriots’ (to win on the moneyline) contest versus the Rams ( ).
The insights in the following article use the latest odds as of January 21, 2023 at 9:38 AM ET.
Sign up for DraftKings today and get up to $1,250 in bonuses! New bettors only.
George Mason vs Rhode Island Betting Odds
Get in on the betting discussion! Chat with Eli Hershkovich and our team of experts every day in our FREE Discord community.
George Mason Offense Vs. Rhode Island Defense
|George Mason Offense||Stats (Rank)||Rhode Island Defense|
|71.1 (192)||Points/Gm||69.5 (187)|
|7.2 (318)||Possessions/Game||3.6 (1)|
|46.7 (64)||Field Goal %||41.5 (80)|
|36.5 (62)||3PT %||30.9 (63)|
|54.0 (57)||Effective FG %||46.7 (50)|
|56.3 (100)||True Shooting %||51.0 (57)|
Rhode Island Offense Vs. George Mason Defense
|Rhode Island Offense||Stats (Rank)||George Mason Defense|
|66.7 (308)||Points/Gm||67.5 (128)|
|3.6 (363)||Possessions/Game||7.2 (45)|
|39.6 (352)||Field Goal %||42.1 (108)|
|29.5 (340)||3PT %||30.1 (42)|
|44.2 (355)||Effective FG %||47.7 (96)|
|49.8 (339)||True Shooting %||51.3 (64)|
Best Betting Sites For George Mason vs Rhode Island
George Mason Betting Insights
- George Mason is 10-9-0 ATS this season.
- The Patriots have covered the spread six times this season (6-6 ATS) when playing as at least 1.5-point favorites.
- George Mason and its opponents have combined to go over the point total eight out of 19 times this season.
- The Patriots’ 19 games this season have gone over this contest’s total of 135 points 10 times.
- The average point total in George Mason’s games this year is 138.6, 3.6 more than this matchup’s over/under.
Rhode Island Betting Insights
- Rhode Island has won seven games against the spread this year, while failing to cover 11 times.
- The Rams have covered the spread four times this season (4-5 ATS) when playing as at least 1.5-point underdogs.
- Rhode Island’s games have gone over the point total 10 out of 18 times this year.
- The Rams have played 11 games this season that finished with a combined score higher than 135 points.
- Rhode Island has a 136.2-point average over/under in its outings this season, 1.2 more points than this game’s total.
George Mason Key Players
- Josh Oduro leads the Patriots in points and rebounds. He puts up 14.4 points per game while adding 7.8 rebounds.
- George Mason’s assists leader is Ronald Polite, who averages 3.8 per game.
- The Patriots are led by Victor Bailey Jr. from beyond the arc. He hits 2.4 shots from deep per game.
- Polite leads the team with 0.9 steals per game. Oduro collects 0.9 blocks a contest to pace George Mason.
Rhode Island Key Players
- Ishmael Leggett outpaced his teammates on the Rams scoring front by putting up 15.9 points per game. He adds 6.1 rebounds and 2.6 assists per game this season.
- The Rhode Island leaders in rebounds and assists are Malik Martin (6.4 rebounds per game) and Brayon Freeman (3.1 assists per game).
- Leggett leads the Rams in shooting from beyond the arc, averaging 1.6 made threes per game.
- Martin is tops on Rhode Island in both steals (1.2) and blocks (0.7) per game.