Euro 2024 Odds: France vs. Portugal In Quarterfinals On Friday

Written By Mo Nuwwarah | Last Updated
France vs. Portugal odds

As the UEFA European Championships continue, will publish soccer betting guides for each match in the Euro 2024 bracket. Here, we’ll look at France vs. Portugal odds, a matchup in the quarterfinals today. France is on the three-way moneyline to win. Portugal is . As far as predictions, the odds give France an implied probability of about 42% to win this game in regular time, with Portugal winning and a draw making up the other 58%.

Click any odds below to wager at online betting sites, including Fanatics Sportsbook. Remember that when betting Euro 2024 odds for the Knockout Stage, there are two ways to bet the matches. The three-way moneyline includes a draw, and those markets cover the first 90 minutes plus stoppage time.

To Advance Odds

Bettors will also find “to advance” or “to qualify” markets. These are bets on which team will advance in the tournament, regardless of when the game is won. They may win in extra time or a penalty shootout, in which case the three-way markets only pay out a draw.

Draw No Bet Odds

If the match is tied after regular time (90 minutes and stoppage time), your bet will be graded a push and refunded.

France Vs. Portugal Projected Starting Lineups

Here’s a glance at each team’s expected starting lineup:

GK Mike MaignanGK Diogo Costa
DF Dayot UpamecanoDF Pepe
DF Jules KoundeDF Ruben Dias
DF William SalibaDF Nuno Mendes
DF Theo HernandezDF Joao Cancelo
MF Aurelien TchouameniMF Vitinha
MF N’Golo KanteMF Bernardo Silva
MF Eduardo CamavingaMF Bruno Fernandes
FW Marcus ThuramMF Joao Palhinha
FW Ousmane DembeleMF Rafael Leao
FW Kylian MbappeFW Ronaldo

Match Preview

A couple of international powerhouses with a ton of recent success meet in this quarterfinal. France, of course, finished top two at the past two World Cups. Portugal won the 2016 Euros and still features a few holdovers from that decorated squad.

If one looks at the expected goals for these teams, one would have the impression they authored similar paths to this point. However, that’s certainly not what has transpired thus far.

For its part, France had quite a difficult route to the quarterfinals. They finished second in one of the most difficult groups, with Austria’s heroics vaulting them past the French in the final minutes of Matchday 3. Then, they had to face world No. 3 Belgium in the Round of 16. France dominated a boring match that didn’t live up to its billing, taking home a 1-0 win.

Portugal topped one of the softer groups despite a loss to Georgia when not much was on the line in Matchday 3. Then, they received a favorable draw against a lightly regarded Slovenian side. However, Slovenia stymied the Portuguese attack for 120 minutes before succumbing to penalties.

The inability to break through against Slovenia spoke volumes. In particular, Ronaldo performed extremely poorly, frequently lingering around the edge of the box yet failing to threaten the goal seriously. He also failed to convert when the team was awarded a questionable penalty in extra time.

Ronaldo’s overall performance was a talking point throughout and remains a concern. If the 39-year-old and his cohorts couldn’t crack the Slovenian defense, what chance do they have against the rock-solid French back line and Mike Maignan?

A low-scoring French victory appears to be the most likely outcome, reflected in the heavy juice on Under 2.5.

The French will be missing creative midfielder Adrien Rabiot due to accumulated yellows. Expect Eduardo Camavinga to start in his place. The 21-year-old is a downgrade in experience, to be sure, but he plays his club ball for Real Madrid. Talent-wise, the team shouldn’t miss a beat.

France Vs. Portugal: Game Props

Below is a selection of game props for France vs. Portugal. These include the number of cards shown and corners gained.

France Vs. Portugal Odds: Player Props

See below for a full selection of player props for France vs. Portugal odds, including scoring a goal, the first goal, etc.

Latest Euro 2024 And Copa America News

Euro 2024 Team Profiles

Group AGroup BGroup CGroup DGroup EGroup F
HungaryCroatiaSerbiaAustriaRomaniaCzech Republic

Photo by Associated Press