C-USA foes meet when the Florida Atlantic Owls (3-3, 1-1 C-USA) take the field against the Charlotte 49ers (4-2, 2-0 C-USA). The Owls () and the 49ers ( to win on the moneyline) match up on October 21, 2021 at 7:30 PM ET on CBS Sports. Bookmakers have set the game’s total at .
In this article we detail key metrics, betting trends, top players and updated odds — everything you need before making a bet on the game.
The betting insights in this article reflect betting data from DraftKings as of October 21, 2021, 12:00 AM ET. See the table below for current betting odds and CLICK HERE to bet at DraftKings Sportsbook.
Florida Atlantic Vs. Charlotte Betting Odds
For college football picks and predictions this week, check out our best bets article at PlayPicks.
Florida Atlantic Offense Vs. Charlotte Defense
|Owls Offense||Stats (Rank)||49ers Defense|
|29.3 (61)||Points/Gm||25.7 (71)|
|402.2 (60)||Yards/Gm||446.5 (115)|
|254.8 (42)||Pass Yards/Gm||223.3 (67)|
|147.3 (76)||Rush Yards/Gm||223.2 (125)|
|7.9 (50)||Yards/Pass||8.8 (118)|
|4.2 (70)||Yards/Rush||5.7 (125)|
|52.8% (5)||3rd Down %||36.4% (49)|
|10 (100)||Turnovers||5 (94)|
|15 (120)||Sacks||10 (43)|
Charlotte Offense Vs. Florida Atlantic Defense
|Charlotte Offense||Stats (Rank)||Florida Atlantic Defense|
|29.8 (57)||Points/Gm||23.0 (54)|
|404.7 (57)||Yards/Gm||359.2 (60)|
|229.8 (66)||Pass Yards/Gm||158.0 (9)|
|174.8 (50)||Rush Yards/Gm||201.2 (114)|
|8.1 (44)||Yards/Pass||6.2 (17)|
|4.6 (48)||Yards/Rush||5.3 (116)|
|45.1% (35)||3rd Down %||35.6% (42)|
|5 (20)||Turnovers||6 (76)|
|6 (43)||Sacks||2 (125)|
When Florida Atlantic Has The Ball
- The Owls’ pass protection has resulted in 15 sacks allowed, eighth-most in college football. The 49ers’ defense has compiled 10 (43rd-most).
- Florida Atlantic ranks 50th in the FBS at 7.9 yards per pass attempt. Charlotte allows 8.8 yards per passing play (118th in college football).
- The 49ers allow 5.7 yards per rushing attempt (125th in the FBS). The Owls are 70th in rushing, averaging 4.2 per carry.
- Florida Atlantic’s offense ranks 60th in the FBS in yards per game (402.2), while Charlotte ranks 115th in yards allowed (446.5).
When Charlotte Has The Ball
- The 49ers have given up six sacks (43rd-fewest in college football), while the Owls’ defense has two (third-fewest).
- Charlotte averages 4.6 yards per rushing attempt (48th in the FBS), while Florida Atlantic allows 5.3 per carry (116th in college football).
- The 49ers’ rushing game ranks 50th in the FBS (174.8 yards per game), while the Owls allow 201.2 per game (114th-ranked run defense).
- Charlotte averages 229.8 passing yards per game (66th in the FBS). It will be facing the Owls’ defense which ranks ninth, giving up 158.0 yards per game through the air.
Florida Atlantic Betting Trends And Insights
- Florida Atlantic is 3-3-0 ATS this season.
- The Owls have covered the spread twice when favored by 6.5 points or more this season (in three opportunities).
- Florida Atlantic’s games have hit the over twice this season.
- Florida Atlantic’s games have had a combined total of more than 57 points twice this season (over six outings).
- The Owls have been the moneyline favorite only two other times so far this season, and they won both of the games.
Charlotte Betting Trends And Insights
- Charlotte has covered four times in six games with a spread this season.
- The 49ers have been an underdog by 6.5 points or more two times this season, and covered the spread both times.
- So far this season, two of Charlotte’s games have gone over the point total.
- Charlotte has combined with its opponent to score more than 57 points in three of six games this season.
- The 49ers have won one of the three games they’ve played as underdogs this season.
Florida Atlantic Players To Watch
- This year, N’Kosi Perry has put up 1,471 passing yards (245.2 yards per game) while connecting on 110 of 184 passes (59.8% completion percentage), with 11 touchdowns and four interceptions. He has tacked on 89 rushing yards on 48 carries (plus four touchdowns), averaging 14.8 yards per game.
- Johnny Ford has taken 56 carries for a team-leading 311 rushing yards (62.2 yards per game) while scoring two touchdowns. He’s also caught nine passes for 128 yards (25.6 receiving yards per game) with one touchdown through the air.
- Malcolm Davidson has 203 yards on 46 carries (33.8 ypg).
- Je’Quan Burton has racked up 15 receptions for 263 yards, best on his team, and two touchdowns. He averages 43.8 receiving yards per game.
- Brandon Robinson has chipped in with 224 yards (on 18 catches) and one touchdown.
- LaJohntay Wester has caught 24 passes for 223 yards and two touchdowns, averaging 37.2 yards per game this year.
Charlotte Players To Watch
- This year, Chris Reynolds has collected 1,314 passing yards (219.0 yards per game) while going 106-for-162 (65.4% completion percentage) and throwing 15 touchdowns and three interceptions. He has tacked on 190 rushing yards on 52 carries with three touchdowns, averaging 31.7 yards per game.
- Calvin Camp has rushed for a team-leading 356 yards on 61 carries (59.3 yards per game) while scoring three touchdowns.
- Shadrick Byrd has 253 yards on 60 carries (50.6 ypg). He also has eight catches for 92 yards (18.4 ypg) and two touchdowns.
- This season Grant DuBose has 29 catches and leads the team with 466 yards (77.7 per game) while scoring four touchdowns.
- Victor Tucker has chipped in with 31 receptions for 432 yards and two touchdowns.
- This season Elijah Spencer has caught nine passes for 139 yards and three touchdowns, averaging 34.8 receiving yards per game.
Powered By Data Skrive using data from