Sportsbooks give the Flamesodds to pick up a win and have set the Sabres at on the moneyline for this Friday matchup. The over/under in this matchup is set at .
The insights in this article are based off odds valid as of March 18, 2022 at 8:12 PM ET.
Sign up for DraftKings today and get a $50 free bet plus a deposit match up to $1,000! New bettors only
Flames Vs. Sabres Betting Odds
Flames Vs. Sabres Player Props
Injury Report as of March 18
Sabres: Malcolm Subban: Out (Upper Body), Will Butcher: Out (Lower Body), Drake Caggiula: Out (Upper Body), Casey Fitzgerald: Out (Upper Body)
|Flames Offense||Stats (Rank)||Sabres Defense|
|3.48 (6)||Goals/Game||3.56 (27)|
|35.8 (2)||Shots/Game||34.0 (30)|
|9.7% (14)||Shooting %||10.5% (27)|
|10.1 (29)||Giveaways/Game vs Takeaways/Game||5.6 (26)|
|Sabres Offense||Stats (Rank)||Flames Defense|
|2.66 (25)||Goals/Game||2.43 (2)|
|29.7 (22)||Shots/Game||29.1 (5)|
|8.9% (25)||Shooting %||8.4% (3)|
|6.8 (5)||Giveaways/Game vs Takeaways/Game||7.5 (8)|
Flames And Sabres Betting Trends
- The Flames have been favored on the moneyline 43 times this season, and have finished 28-15 in those games.
- Calgary has not played a game with moneyline odds of -425 or shorter.
- The implied moneyline probability in this matchup gives the Flames an 81.0% chance to win.
- This season the Sabres have won 18 of the 58 games, or 31.0%, in which they’ve been an underdog.
- Buffalo has not won as an underdog of +320 or more on the moneyline this season in three such games.
- The oddsmakers’ moneyline implies a 23.8% chance of victory for the Sabres.
Head to Head
The last time these two teams played, Calgary won 5-0. The Flames’ top performances came from Andrew Mangiapane (two goals) and Johnny Gaudreau (two goals and one assist). Cody Eakin and Rasmus Dahlin were two of the 22 Sabres skaters to score zero goals each.
- One of Calgary’s top offensive options this season is Gaudreau, who has put up 78 points in 60 games.
- With 28 goals and 43 assists, Matthew Tkachuk is one of the most important offensive options for Calgary with his 71 points (1.2 per game).
- Elias Lindholm has created 63 points for Calgary in 60 games this season, netting a goal on 17.4% of his shots and putting up 30 goals and 33 assists.
- In 47 games played this season, Jacob Markstrom (28-11-3) has given up 97 goals.
- Tage Thompson has scored 24 goals (0.4 per game) and collected 20 assists (0.4 per game), fueling the Buffalo offense with 44 total points (0.8 per game). He takes 3.3 shots per game, shooting 12.6%.
- Jeff Skinner is one of the top contributors for Buffalo with 41 total points (0.7 per game), with 23 goals and 18 assists in 59 games.
- Dahlin’s eight goals and 29 assists add up to 37 points this season.
- Dustin Tokarski is 4-8-0 this season, collecting 561 saves and allowing 61 goals (3.3 goals against average) with a .902 save percentage (40th in the league).