The mobile version of FanDuel Sportsbook is live and offering real-money sports betting in Pennsylvania. The fully operational version of FanDuel Sportsbook is available to those physically located in the state through a desktop platform, as well as through iOS and Android devices.
FanDuel Sportsbook debuted in the Keystone State back on March 12 when it opened its physical branded sportsbook at Valley Forge Casino Resort. Now that FanDuel has gone mobile, anyone located in the state over the age of 21 can place legal wagers on the app. And FanDuel offers several benefits that the other online sportsbooks don’t have.
Getting started on FanDuel Sportsbook in Pennsylvania
FanDuel Sportsbook is the only operator in Pennsylvania that has an app available for download in both the Apple and Google Play stores. Downloading the FanDuel Sportsbook app for the first time is a simple, straightforward process. Below you’ll find the step-by-step instructions for downloading FanDuel Sportsbook for iOS and Android devices:
- You will advance to the app download page. Click on the download button at the bottom of the screen. Once the app is downloaded to your device, click open and log into the FanDuel Sportsbook using the email linked to your account.
- You’re now eligible for the $500 risk free bet! Qualifying users are new FanDuel Sportsbook customers who are making their first deposit. Those customers will receive one free bet, also known as a Promotion Bonus, equal to the amount of their first deposit, up to an amount of $500. Customers must be at least 21 years of age and physically located within Pennsylvania to qualify for the $500 risk-free first bet offer. If the user’s wager is a winning one, then they will NOT receive the Promotion Bonus. If it is a losing wager, funds will appear in your account in the form os site credit.
- The Promotion Bonus is in the form of site credit and is therefore not eligible for cash withdrawal. Any winnings stemming from wagers placed using Promotion Bonus funds will also not be eligible for withdrawal until the customer has used their FD Sportsbook account to wager an amount equal to the aggregate amount (the “Play-Through Requirement”) of the awarded Promotion Bonus. Wagers that are placed on favorites with lines shorter than or equal to -200 will not count toward satisfying the Play-Through Requirement.
New Jersey users with existing FanDuel Sportsbook accounts
Customers that already have an existing account on the New Jersey version of FanDuel Sportsbook do not have to download a separate version of the app in order to wager within the Pennsylvania version. Instead, users should simply download an available update to the app and they will subsequently be geolocated within Pennsylvania state lines. Once this update is successfully installed, users will also have access to any existing funds in their New Jersey account for use in Pennsylvania.
Deposits and withdrawals
FanDuel Sportsbook has one of the most extensive selections of payment methods of Pennsylvania online sportsbooks. There are multiple methods for both deposits and withdrawals — including PayPal.
As with other gaming sites, FanDuel provides a disclaimer for its customers about certain banks declining credit card transactions pertaining to online wagering companies and provides a comprehensive list of same.
FanDuel Sportsbook currently identifies the following banks as ones that will decline transactions with online wagering companies:
- Bank of America
- Capital One
- Wells Fargo
- Union Bank
- Huntington Bank
- Most pre-paid cards
Pennsylvania customers can currently make deposits at FanDuel Sportsbook through the following methods:
- Credit/debit cards (Visa and Mastercard).
- FanDuel Prepaid Card, which can be applied for on the website of parent company Betfair.
- ACH (echeck)
- Online bank transfer (with selected banks set up for online bill pay). FanDuel currently identifies the following banks as ones that customers can transfer funds into their FanDuel accounts from: Bank of America, BB & T, Capital One 360, Chase, PNC, Regions, SunTrust, S.Bank, Wells Fargo
- Wire transfer
*PayNearMe, which is an option available for New Jersey customers, is not currently available in Pennsylvania.
Withdrawals from FanDuel Sportsbook can be made through the following methods:
- FanDuel Pre-Paid Card
With the logistics of getting started now explained, it’s time to start looking around at what FanDuel Sportsbook has to offer.
Extensive selection of betting options in user-friendly interface
As with the brick-and-mortar version, FanDuel Sportsbook offers the typical comprehensive array of wagering options, including:
- Moneyline/Run lines
- Over/under bets
- Game and individual player props
- Odds boosts: Odds boosts are limited-time offers that provide customers with enhanced odds on a certain wager. These offers are designed to entice customers with the possibility of an increased payout if the wager is successful.
FanDuel Sportsbook’s interface will be very familiar to customers already utilizing the New Jersey version of the company’s sports betting platform. It even that bears some aesthetic similarities to the company’s daily fantasy sports platform. Upon log-in, users will first encounter a lobby that has a rotating “carousel” of current betting options. These selections are usually customized to that individual’s wagering history on FD Sportsbook over time.
Directly underneath, a trio of tabs allows users to sort out all betting options by the following criteria:
Users will find wagerable events sorted by sport and game or match behind these tabs. Each game entry typically includes odds for the Spread; the Moneyline or Run line; and the game’s projected Over/Under total of runs/points. There is also a “More Wagers” tab located in the bottom right-hand corner of each game’s entry.
Behind this tab, users will find additional wagering options. These can include a wide array of proposition bets. For example, in a major-league baseball game, the “More Wagers” section might include props based on:
- How many homers might be hit in a game
- How many strikeouts a certain pitcher will compile
- What the score might be at the end of a particular inning
- What the exact end-of-game score will be
- The number of total runs the home or visiting team might score
To place a bet, users simply click on the tab pertaining to the specific side of a wager that they wish to take. Doing so prompts the appearance of a betting slip on the right-hand side of the screen. The FD Sportsbook betting slip features boxes labeled “wager” and “to win”. Once the wager amount is inserted, the “to win” box automatically populates with the potential winnings based on the odds for that particular wager.
The bet slip includes three horizontally-oriented, clickable bet type tabs from left to right across its uppermost portion. These tabs are labeled Standard, Teaser (bets on minimum of two teams) and Round Robin (bets on minimum of three teams) wagers.
Wide selection of sports leagues available for wagering
FanDuel Sportsbook’s wide variety of available sports are arranged vertically down the left-hand side of the screen. FD offers a thorough assortment of options that consists of both live (when applicable) and futures betting on the following:
- College Football
- College Basketball
As alluded to, out-of-season sports have plenty of futures betting options available. These typically include:
- Futures (Team odds on winning league championship, conference title, division title)
- Team Wins
- Division Winners
- Conference Winners
- Player Futures (i.e. individual player odds on end-of-season awards, All-Star selections, certain specific statistical milestones)
- Playoff Specials
- Championship game participation
- Betting Guide – provides novice users with a basic overview of different types of sports bets
- Terms and Conditions
- House Rules
- Responsible Gaming