The betting insights in this article reflect betting data from DraftKings as of October 19, 2020, 2:41 PM ET. See table below for current betting odds and CLICK HERE to bet at DraftKings Sportsbook.
- The points total average for Falcons games this season is 57.7– 1.2 points higher than the over/under for this matchup.
- Lions games average 55.2 total points– 1.3 fewer than the total for this matchup.
- Falcons games have gone over 56.5 points on three of six occasions this season.
- Detroit’s contests have gone over 56.5 points on two of five occasions.
- This year’s combined scoring average for these two teams (53.6 points per game) is 2.9 fewer than the total for this contest.
- The Falcons score the 13th-most points in the league this season, while the Lions’ offense racks up the 15th-most.
- These two teams combine to allow 59.3 points per game, which is 2.8 greater than the total for this matchup.
- This matchup features the league’s 22nd-ranked (Detroit) and 28th-ranked (Atlanta) scoring defenses.
Falcons Betting Insights
- Four of Atlanta’s six games this year have hit the over.
- Atlanta has compiled a 2-4 record against the spread this season.
Lions Betting Insights
- Detroit has a 2-3 record against the spread.
- The Lions are 1-0 ATS when an underdog by at least three points.
- Three Detroit’s five games this year have gone over the point total.
When the Falcons Have the Ball
- The Falcons average points scored this season (27) and the Lions points allowed (28.6) are within 1.6 points of each other.
- When they score at least 27, the Falcons are 1-1 and 2-0 against the spread.
- When the Detroit defense allows 28.6 points or fewer this year, they have put together a 2-1 overall record and a 2-1 record against the spread.
- The Lions defense has surrendered an average of 379 yards per game so far this season– 23.5 yards fewer than the Falcons offense averages (402.5).
- On average, the Falcons gain 5.7 yards per play and the Lions allow 5.8.
- When Atlanta hits their 2020 average in yardage, they are 1-1 overall and 1-1 against the spread this season.
- When the Detroit defense allows less than their season average for total yards, they are 2-1 against the spread and 2-1 overall.
- The Lions allow 145 rushing yards per game, compared to the 112 rushing yards the Falcons average.
- When Atlanta rushes for least 112 yards this season, they are 0-3 overall and 1-2 against the spread.
- This season, when Detroit allows less than 145 yards on the ground, they are 2-0 against the spread and 2-0 overall.
- The Falcons have turned the ball over 0.8 times per game this season, while the Lions have averaged 1.2 takeaways per contest.
- When Atlanta doesn’t turn the football over this season, they are 0-2 overall and 1-1 against the spread.
- Detroit’s record this season when they force more than 1.2 turnovers: 2-0 ATS, 2-0 overall
When the Lions Have the Ball
- The Lions average 4.1 fewer points per game (26.6) than the Falcons give up (30.7).
- When Detroit scores at least 26.6 points, it is 1-1 against the spread and 1-1 overall.
- Atlanta has a 2-0 record against the spread and a 1-1 record overall in games when it allows 27 points or less.
- The Lions rack up 84.7 fewer yards per game (347.8), than the Falcons allow per contest (432.5). The Lions average 5.5 yards per play, while the Falcons allow 6.6 per play.
- Atlanta has a 1-2 record ATS and a 1-2 record overall when holding its opponents to 432.5 yards or less.
- This season, the Lions run for 20.2 more yards per game (117.4) than the Falcons allow per outing (97.2).
- Detroit has a 1-1 ATS record and a 1-1 overall record when the team rushes for at least 117.4 yards.
- Atlanta is 1-2 against the spread and 1-2 overall when holding opponents to 97.2 rushing yards or less.
- This year, the Lions turn the ball over 0.8 times per game– 0.5 fewer turnovers per game than the 1.3 the Falcons force on average.
- Detroit has a 1-0 record against the spread and a 1-0 record overall when it turns the ball over 0.8 times or less.
- This season, Atlanta has a 2-1 record against the spread and a 1-2 record overall when it forces at least 1.3 turnovers.
Falcons Players to Watch
- Matt Ryan has thrown for a league-leading 1,843 yards, with 11 touchdowns and three picks (65.2% completion) this year (307.2 yards per game).
- Todd Gurley II has taken 99 carries for 422 rushing yards (70.3 yards per game) and five touchdowns in six games.
- In six games, Brian Hill has rushed for 161 yards on 35 carries (26.8 ypg) while adding a touchdown.
- Calvin Ridley has hauled in 35 passes for 546 yards and five touchdowns. He has been targeted 57 times and averages 91 yards per game.
- Julio Jones has added 350 yards on 23 grabs and two touchdowns. He has been targeted 30 times and averages 87.5 receiving yards per game.
- Russell Gage has caught 25 passes (36 targets) for 289 yards and a touchdown, averaging 48.2 yards per game.
- Grady Jarrett has 2.5 sacks, four TFL, and 21 tackles over six games.
- Deion Jones leads the team in both tackles and interceptions, totaling 41 tackles, two TFL, and one interception.
Lions Players to Watch
- This year, Matthew Stafford has thrown for 1,240 yards (248 yards per game), nine touchdowns, and four picks while going 102-for-168 (60.7% completion percentage). He has tacked on a 59 rushing yards on 15 carries, averaging 11.8 yards per game.
- In his first year with Detroit, Adrian Peterson has picked up 285 rushing yards (57 yards per game) and two touchdowns in five games.
- Rookie D’Andre Swift has 158 rushing yards on 26 carries (31.6 yards per game) and three touchdowns. He also has 16 catches for 131 yards (26.2 per game) and one touchdown.
- Kenny Golladay has 14 catches (21 targets) for 224 yards (74.7 per game) and two touchdowns in three games.
- Danny Amendola has added 12 catches for 208 yards, averaging 41.6 receiving yards per game.
- T.J. Hockenson has caught 17 passes on 25 targets for 197 yards and three touchdowns, averaging 39.4 yards per game this season.
- Trey Flowers has two sacks, three TFL, and 17 tackles through five games.
- This year, Tracy Walker has totaled 32 tackles and two TFL.
- Duron Harmon has two interceptions, 19 tackles, and four passes defended five in games this season.
Powered By Data Skrive using data from