Betway eSports Betting: Join Betway using our link and get $30 dollars free bet when you bet $10! Betway offers eSports bets on CS:GO, LoL & Dota 2 and more! Betway has recently focused on expanding their eSports offering and now has one of the best selections of games and bets.
Betway was one of the first major sports betting sites to embrace esports in a major way, giving competitive gaming its own mini site and creating both a Twitter account for the section along with a blog offering insights to the world of esports from a variety of experts.
Betway Bonus Code
Betway offers new players a free $30 bet when you wager $10. You will also receive 100% up to $30 (it’s up to $150 in some countries!) on your first deposit.
Running as a subsection of their traditional sports betting service everything is as smooth and reliable as you would expect from one of the top players in the market, and this system even allows you to combine bets from esports and traditional sports to create the ultimate accumulator.
With the ability to bet on almost every major eSport, often in a variety of ways, they offer a very comprehensive service with only a few faults.
- 1 Betway Bonus Code
- 2 Betway Overview
- 3 Why it works
- 4 Why it doesn’t
- 5 How much focus does esports get?
- 6 Inside the esports betting at Betway
- 7 Betway esports mobile app
- 8 Banking options
- 9 Customer service
- 10 Editor’s Review
Why it works
- Simple and easy to understand systems
- Large selection of games and betting types
- Excellent specials and enhanced odds
Why it doesn’t
- Some major matches are missing
- Confusing rules on what matches can and can’t be used in one accumulator
- Some large esports titles have much fewer markets than others
- Matches only added to the system days or hours before they start
How much focus does esports get?
Once you navigate to the main Betway page esports isn’t exactly front and centre but it also isn’t hidden away.
A menu of nine items across the very top of the homepage features a link to the esports mini site as does the main menu of quick links, where esports is seventh from the top, alongside the likes of the Premier League, the NBA Playoffs and the Snooker World Championship, although what is on this menu often changes.
When navigating to the esports page everything is obviously related to esports. With a separate twitter account for the esports section and a regular esports blog it is clear that Betway has a large focus on esports.
Inside the esports betting at Betway
Placing a sample bet
- After logging into the site or creating an account (both of which are very simple to do) all that is required to place a bet is to navigate to your selection then click on the bet you want to place.
- This will add it to the bet slip that is handily displayed on the right hand side of the webpage, and updates automatically.
- On this bet slip widget you enter the amount of money you want to bet, which will then show your potential winnings and then if satisfied you press the “Place Bets” button.
- This will confirm your bet and show a betting receipt once the bet has been recorded in their back end systems.
How easy is it to place a bet?
Placing a single bet is incredibly easy and can be done within four clicks, if the bet you want to place is displayed on the main Betway esports page.
The automatically updating bet slip that is always displayed providing you have at least one selected bet, makes it incredibly easy to see what you are betting on, how much you are spending and how much you could potentially win.
The only complications that arrive are when trying to add multiple bets to an accumulator. For the most part this is a simple process but occasionally some matches cannot be placed in the same accumulator, it appears to be if a team is playing two games in one day in the same tournament but we were not able to 100% confirm this.
How wide a range of esports are offered?
At first glance the range of titles available to bet on is quite impressive, including all the big names such as Dota 2, League of Legends, Counter-Strike: Global Offensive and Hearthstone, along with some more niche titles such as World of Tanks.
However upon further inspection the only bet available in the World of Tanks section, at the time of writing, was if World of Tanks will appear at the 2030 Winter Olympics. All of the major titles have most, although not all, of the major events available to bet on, however smaller titles are often missing certain events. Betting on Call of Duty matches for example is available at certain times, but many Call of Duty World League matches are missing from the site.
What kinds of bets can you place?
Every match on the site has the option to pick a winner, along with most tournaments having an outright winner market.
Some of the larger games such as Counter-Strike and Dota 2 have more markets for most games, including individual map winners, correct scores, how many maps will be played and if a certain team will even win a single map in a best of three or five series.
Accumulators are also offered in a variety of formats along with some specials such as if a certain game will be played at the winter Olympics in 2030.
Does the site offer in-play betting?
Only certain games are available for in play betting, mostly ones taking place at major tournaments featuring the top teams. The majority of matches are not available for in play betting.
Betway esports mobile app
Can you bet on esports at Betway using a mobile app?
Bets on esports can be placed on the Betway Sports app available on both iOS and Android.
iPhone + Android app overview
The app features all of the esports markets available on the desktop site, including any special enhanced odds bets that may be created. When a market is selected the stake and return section automatically appears, allowing you to place a bet within a couple of taps, and giving you all the information you could need. You can also select to add the bet to your bet slip in order to create accumulators.
When first opening the app the esports section can be found in the list of other sports on the home screen, however after placing bets on esports the esports section will be added to your favourites bar automatically, making navigation much easier.
Both depositing and withdrawing funds in available through the app, and can be done via most, although not all, of the services also available on the website.
Overall the app is simple to use and does everything that you could require, the only minor gripes are over the relatively small font size and occasionally long loading times.
The app also offers casino games and betting on traditional sports.
- Deposit methods: Deposits can be made in a number of ways, both on the website and on the app (not all deposit methods are available on the app). All major credit and debit cards are supported, as is PayPal, NETELLER, Skrill, paysafecard, EntroPay VISA, ecoPayz, Skrill 1-Tap and Instant Banking. Different regions may have different options available.
- Fees? From our testing none of the methods of depositing we tried featured any kind of transaction fee. The Betway support site also features no mention of any possible fees.
- Turnaround times: Deposits are mostly instant, especially when using the major banking providers. Some services may be slower than others.
- Methods: Withdrawing funds from your Betway account is very similar to depositing. You can withdraw with; Visa, Visa Electron, Credit Cards, Direct Bank Transfer, ecoPayz, NETELLER, PayPal, Skrill, Skrill 1-Tap, and EntroPay.
- Fees? The minimum cash out amount is £10.00, however from our tests and the information available on the Betway support site there are no fees for withdrawing money from your account.
- Turnaround times: Turn around times for withdrawals vary significantly depending on the withdrawal option. A customer service representative told us that withdrawals usually take between two and 24 hours, which was confirmed with our own tests.
What customer service channels are available?
For the Betway esports site there is a live chat available online, a 24 hour phone line and email support. The Betway esports Twitter account and the standard Betway support Twitter account can also offer help to customers although may redirect you to another customer support option.
When testing the live chat we were connected to an agent in less than 10 seconds and after confirming some basic information our question was answered immediately. The whole experience was completed in less than 5 minutes during a peak time and they answered all of our questions and follow up questions in simple terms. The agent was very polite.
When testing the phone support we were connected to an agent in under a minute, and much like the live chat they answered our questions very quickly and in a simple manner. While they weren’t rude it did sound like they didn’t really want to be there.
Betway’s email support failed to get back to us within 24 hours of sending our email. At the time of writing we are still yet to get a reply.
The Betway esports Twitter account replied to our tweet within three hours, and directed us to the appropriate support channels that we needed to contact.