[toc]The first Esports & Casino Resorts Conference at the SLS Las Vegas Casino and Resort on Oct. 25 and 26 is now offering esports startups the chance to win $50,000 worth of services from Manatt Digital And Naruscope.
The organizers are inviting startups to present their innovations to an “expert panel of thought leaders,” who will judge the entries and announce a winner:
“Esports-focused startups at any stage of development can apply, but companies must have at least a minimum viable product built.”
Full details of how to apply for the Esports Startup Launchpad are available here.
Esports is experiencing internet speed growth
Esports and esports betting is accelerating at a phenomenal speed. Esports gambling alone is expected to grow to be a $30 billion a year business by 2020, according to the Eilers & Krejcik Gaming report “Esports & Gambling: Where’s The Action?”
Eunice Shin, managing director of Manatt Digital, commented:
“Esports continues to gain incredible momentum from both the investment and startup communities, and the pitch competition will highlight some of the latest innovations in the space.
At its core, the esports industry has been propelled by ongoing technology disruption and devoted community engagement, and we are excited to help showcase the opportunities in the space to not only the casino industry, but also to investors and brands at the inaugural Naruscope event.”
The contest is designed to “explore what creative minds are developing in the emerging esports industry,” a subject which will be of direct interest to the conference participants who represent considerable decision making power in the US esports industry.
Conference attendees are critical contacts for esports startups
The opportunity to pitch to this particular group of gaming industry executives may be even more important than the $50,000 first prize.
Speakers at the conference include:
- Tobias Sherman, Global Head of Esports, WME | IMG
- Nick Allen, Director, Esports Operations at Twitch
- Rahul Sood, CEO, Unikrn.com
- Steve Arhancet, Co-CEO / Owner, Team Liquid
- Seth Schorr, CEO, Fifth Street Gaming, Downtown Grand
- Andrew Zarnett, Managing Director, Deutsche Bank
- Avi Alroy, Head of Interactive Gaming, Mohegan Sun
Event to raise major issues about integrating esports and gambling
The conference aims to cover as many issues as possible that relate to the opportunities that are currently arising for both esports operators and the gambling industry.
Conference topics include:
- Nuts-and-bolts breakdowns of esports event hosting.
- Connecting virtual reality to esports and gambling.
- How esports events can bring new customers into tribal and regional casinos.
- Potential direction of regulated esports gambling.
- Whether esports is the answer to skill-based gaming.
- A survey of the investment landscape for esports.
- Practical strategies for maximizing an esports fan’s casino visit — for both the casino and the fan.
Conference organizer John Caldwell, partner, Narus Advisors enthused about the importance of adding the Esports Startup Launchpad to the already compehensive program:
“We’re excited to collaborate with Manatt Digital on the Startup Launchpad as part of our Esports & Casino Resorts event, and give a boost to a startup that exemplifies the entrepreneurial spirit of the esports space.”
Image credit: SLS Las Vegas