Euro 2024 Odds: England vs. Slovakia In Round Of 16 On Sunday

, ,
Written By Mo Nuwwarah | Last Updated
England vs Slovakia odds

As the UEFA European Championships continue, TheLines.com will publish soccer betting guides for each match in the Euro 2024 bracket. Here, we’ll look at England vs. Slovakia odds, a matchup in the Round of 16. England is on the three-way moneyline to win. Slovakia is . As far as predictions, the odds give England an implied probability of about 70% to win this game in regular time, with Slovakia winning and a draw making up the other 30%.

Click any of the odds below to make a wager at online betting sites. Remember that when betting Euro 2024 odds for the Knockout Stage, there are two different ways to bet the matches. The three-way moneyline includes a draw, and those markets cover the first 90 minutes plus stoppage time.

To Advance Odds

Bettors will also find “to advance” or “to qualify” markets. These are bets on which team will move forward in the tournament, regardless of when the game is won. They may win in extra time or penalty shootout, in which case the three-way markets only pay out a draw.

England Vs. Slovakia Projected Starting Lineups

Here’s a glance at each team’s expected starting lineup:

EnglandSlovakia
GK Jordan PickfordGK Martin Dubravka
DF Kyle WalkerDF Peter Pekarik
DF John StonesDF Denis Vavro
DF Marc GuehiDF Milan Skriniar
DF Kieran TrippierDF David Hancko
DF Trent Alexander-ArnoldMF Ondrej Duda
MF Declan RiceMF Juraj Kucka
MF Jude BellinghamMF Stanislav Lobotka
MF Phil FodenFW Robert Bozenik
FW Bukayo SakaFW Lukas Haraslin
FW Harry KaneFW Ivan Schranz

Match Preview

To say England has had an uninspiring run in Euro 2024 would be putting it mildly. It’s hard to imagine more consternation around a team that topped its group, but that’s the situation the Three Lions find themselves in.

Manager Gareth Southgate’s conservative strategy led to England conceding just once in three matches. However, they also only mustered a pair of goals themselves, leading to just one win. The natives have become restless, as better things were expected from the pre-tournament favorite.

The criticism seems fair, considering their +0.87 expected goals in Euro 2024 land them just ninth in the rankings. They haven’t found themselves in much danger, but they’ll face higher-quality attacks from here on out, and their own attacking has looked disjointed and lacked fluidity.

Luckily for the English, they should have a soft landing to begin the knockout phase. Slovakia backed in as the third-place team in a weak group. They opened with a very lucky (according to xGoals) win over Belgium and rode that to four points.

Ondrej Duda and Juraj Kucka have provided a lot of the attacking pressure for Slovakia. They’ll have their hands full against a talented England midfield.

The game’s total reflects the expectation of more conservative play from Southgate’s crew. Don’t expect a ton of excitement here, as England likely aims for another 1-0 victory. But if the Three Lions don’t amp up the aggression a bit, they might find themselves sweating penalties, which proved to be their downfall in the last Euro finals against Italy.

England Vs. Slovakia: Game Props

See below for a selection of game props for England vs. Slovakia. These include both teams to score, as well as over/unders on cards shown and corners gained.

England Vs. Slovakia Odds: Player Props

See below for a full selection of player props for England vs. Slovakia odds, including to score a goal, to score the first goal, etc.

Latest Euro 2024 And Copa America News

Euro 2024 Team Profiles

Group AGroup BGroup CGroup DGroup EGroup F
GermanySpainEnglandFranceBelgiumPortugal
SwitzerlandItalyDenmarkNetherlandsUkraineTurkey
HungaryCroatiaSerbiaAustriaRomaniaCzech Republic
ScotlandAlbaniaSloveniaPolandSlovakiaGeorgia
Photo by Associated Press

RELATED ARTICLES