The Eastern Michigan Eagles (4-14, 1-4 MAC) will try to halt a three-game losing streak when they host the Northern Illinois Huskies (6-12, 2-3 MAC) on Saturday, January 21, 2023 at Convocation Center (MI). The game airs at 3:30 PM ET on ESPN3. Keep reading to find betting insights and statistics to help place a wager on the Eagles’ (to win on the moneyline) matchup against the Huskies ( ).
The insights in the following article are based off odds valid as of January 21, 2023 at 1:44 PM ET.
Eastern Michigan vs Northern Illinois Betting Odds
Get in on the betting discussion! Chat with Eli Hershkovich and our team of experts every day in our FREE Discord community.
Eastern Michigan Offense Vs. Northern Illinois Defense
|Eastern Michigan Offense||Stats (Rank)||Northern Illinois Defense|
|72.2 (163)||Points/Gm||75.7 (329)|
|8.3 (265)||Possessions/Game||12.1 (242)|
|42.5 (284)||Field Goal %||45.2 (273)|
|31.1 (312)||3PT %||33.2 (161)|
|47.6 (316)||Effective FG %||51.4 (251)|
|52.3 (264)||True Shooting %||55.8 (210)|
Northern Illinois Offense Vs. Eastern Michigan Defense
|Northern Illinois Offense||Stats (Rank)||Eastern Michigan Defense|
|68.6 (256)||Points/Gm||81.3 (359)|
|12.1 (117)||Possessions/Game||8.3 (95)|
|43.8 (220)||Field Goal %||48.8 (356)|
|33.2 (230)||3PT %||33.3 (168)|
|49.8 (245)||Effective FG %||55.7 (354)|
|52.8 (251)||True Shooting %||58.8 (292)|
Best Betting Sites For Eastern Michigan vs Northern Illinois
Eastern Michigan Betting Insights
- Eastern Michigan is 5-11-1 ATS this season.
- The Eagles have not covered the spread when favored by 3 points or more this season (in one opportunity).
- Eastern Michigan and its opponents have combined to go over the point total nine out of 17 times this season.
- The Eagles and their opponents have scored more than 150.5 points in nine of 17 games this season.
- The average total in Eastern Michigan’s contests this year is 153.4, 2.9 more points than this game’s over/under.
Northern Illinois Betting Insights
- Northern Illinois has won eight games against the spread this year, while failing to cover eight times.
- The Huskies have covered the spread five times this year (5-6 ATS) when playing as at least 3-point underdogs.
- A total of eight Northern Illinois’ games this year have gone over the point total.
- The Huskies have combined with their opponent to score more than 150.5 points in seven of 16 games this season.
- Northern Illinois has had an average of 144.2 points scored in its games so far this season, 6.3 points fewer than this game’s over/under.
Eastern Michigan Key Players
- The Eagles points and rebounds leader is Emoni Bates. He scores 20.0 points per game and pulls down 5.9 rebounds.
- Tyson Acuff paces the team with 2.8 assists per game.
- Bates hits 2.6 treys per game to lead the Eagles.
- Acuff leads the team with 1.5 steals per game. Jalin Billingsley collects 0.6 blocks a contest to pace Eastern Michigan.
Northern Illinois Key Players
- Keshawn Williams outpaced his teammates on the Huskies scoring front by putting up 17.9 points per game. He adds 4.7 rebounds and 2.4 assists per game this season.
- The Northern Illinois leaders in rebounds and assists are Zarique Nutter (5.3 rebounds per game) and Kaleb Thornton (3.5 assists per game).
- David Coit leads the Huskies in shooting from beyond the arc, averaging 2.4 made threes per game.
- Nobody on Northern Illinois grabs more steals than Coit (1.6 per game) or blocks more shots than Oluwasegun Durosinmi (0.9 per game).