The East Carolina Pirates (10-10, 1-6 AAC) will try to break a five-game losing streak when they host the Tulsa Golden Hurricane (5-13, 1-6 AAC) on Tuesday, January 24, 2023 at Minges Coliseum. The matchup airs at 7:00 PM ET on ESPN+. Keep reading to find betting insights and statistics to help place a wager on the Pirates’ (to win on the moneyline) matchup with the Golden Hurricane ( ).
The betting insights in the following article reference odds valid as of January 24, 2023 at 5:38 PM ET.
Sign up for DraftKings today and get up to $1,250 in bonuses! New bettors only.
East Carolina vs Tulsa Betting Odds
Get in on the betting discussion! Chat with Eli Hershkovich and our team of experts every day in our FREE Discord community.
East Carolina Offense Vs. Tulsa Defense
|East Carolina Offense||Stats (Rank)||Tulsa Defense|
|69.1 (240)||Points/Gm||76.1 (336)|
|8.0 (351)||Possessions/Game||11.5 (100)|
|40.2 (345)||Field Goal %||45.7 (292)|
|30.9 (318)||3PT %||29.7 (27)|
|47.0 (328)||Effective FG %||51.3 (251)|
|49.3 (349)||True Shooting %||55.1 (186)|
Tulsa Offense Vs. East Carolina Defense
|Tulsa Offense||Stats (Rank)||East Carolina Defense|
|69.5 (231)||Points/Gm||69.5 (187)|
|11.5 (258)||Possessions/Game||8.0 (14)|
|43.1 (261)||Field Goal %||43.4 (173)|
|31.9 (288)||3PT %||33.2 (156)|
|49.8 (245)||Effective FG %||49.0 (144)|
|52.1 (282)||True Shooting %||51.8 (75)|
Best Betting Sites For East Carolina vs Tulsa
East Carolina Betting Insights
- East Carolina has won 12 games against the spread this season, while failing to cover eight times.
- The Pirates have been favored by 5.5 points or more six times this season, and covered the spread in four of those games.
- So far this season, 10 out of East Carolina’s 20 games have hit the over.
- In 10 of 20 games this season, the Pirates and their opponents have gone over 141 points.
- The average point total in East Carolina’s games this season is 138.5, 2.5 points fewer than this matchup’s over/under.
Tulsa Betting Insights
- Tulsa has covered three times in 18 games with a spread this season.
- The Golden Hurricane have covered the spread three times this season (3-5 ATS) when playing as at least 5.5-point underdogs.
- Tulsa and its opponents have combined to go over the point total nine out of 18 times this year.
- The Golden Hurricane have played 11 games this season that finished with a point total above 141 points.
- Tulsa’s average game total this season has been 145.6, 4.6 more points than this matchup’s over/under.
East Carolina Key Players
- The Pirates points and assists leader is Javon Small. He racks up 15.8 points per game and contributes 5.6 assists.
- Brandon Johnson paces East Carolina with 8.9 rebounds per game.
- Small is the top three-point shooter for the Pirates, knocking down 2.0 per game.
- East Carolina’s blocks leader is Johnson, who averages 0.7 per game. Jaden Walker leads the team averaging 1.3 steals a game.
Tulsa Key Players
- Sam Griffin owns the Golden Hurricane top spot in scoring with 16.2 points per game and also tacks on 2.9 rebounds and 2.3 assists per contest.
- When it comes to Tulsa leaders in rebounds and assists, the team has two players at the top: Bryant Selebangue with 9.3 rebounds per game and Anthony Pritchard with 4.1 assists per game.
- Griffin is tops from three-point range for the Golden Hurricane, knocking down 2.7 treys per game.
- Pritchard tops Tulsa in steals with 1.3 per game, and Charles Chukwu leads the squad in blocks with 0.6 per game.