The Duke Blue Devils (0-0) and the Charlotte 49ers (0-0) hit the field in college football action at McColl-Richardson Field in Charlotte, North Carolina. The Blue Devils () take the field on September 3, 2021 at 7:00 PM ET on CBS Sports against the 49ers ( on the moneyline to win). A total of points has been set for the contest by sportsbooks.
In this article we will break down what you need to know to make a bet on the game. That includes key metrics, stats and trends, while also updating you with the best odds available.
The betting insights in this article reflect betting data from DraftKings as of August 24, 2021, 12:00 AM ET. See table below for current betting odds and CLICK HERE to bet at DraftKings Sportsbook.
Duke Vs. Charlotte Betting Odds
For college football picks and predictions this week, check out our best bets article at PlayPicks.
Duke Offense Vs. Charlotte Defense (2020)
|Duke Offense||Stats (Rank)||Charlotte Defense|
|24.8 (90)||Points/Gm||32.5 (88)|
|378.5 (80)||Yards/Gm||419.5 (75)|
|221.9 (70)||Pass Yards/Gm||205.5 (33)|
|156.5 (72)||Rush Yards/Gm||214.0 (109)|
|6.3 (100)||Yards/Pass||7.5 (68)|
|3.9 (82)||Yards/Rush||5.9 (119)|
|38.7% (73)||3rd Down %||46.4% (107)|
|37 (127)||Turnovers||8 (97)|
|36 (124)||Sacks||5 (124)|
Charlotte Offense Vs. Duke Defense (2020)
|Charlotte Offense||Stats (Rank)||Duke Defense|
|27.0 (75)||Points/Gm||38.1 (115)|
|377.8 (81)||Yards/Gm||444.8 (98)|
|222.8 (69)||Pass Yards/Gm||231.6 (63)|
|155.0 (74)||Rush Yards/Gm||213.2 (108)|
|7.5 (56)||Yards/Pass||7.9 (93)|
|3.9 (82)||Yards/Rush||5.1 (102)|
|40.6% (59)||3rd Down %||41.0% (73)|
|6 (10)||Turnovers||20 (13)|
|16 (48)||Sacks||31 (14)|
When Duke Has The Ball
- The 49ers allowed 5.9 yards per rushing attempt last season (119th in FBS). The Blue Devils were 82nd in rushing, averaging 3.9 per carry.
- Duke’s rushing game ranked 72nd in the FBS last season (156.5 yards per game), while Charlotte allowed 214.0 per game (109th-ranked run defense).
- The Blue Devils averaged 221.9 passing yards per game last season (70th in the FBS). They play the 49ers’ defense which was ranked 33rd, allowing 205.5 yards per game through the air.
- Duke converted 38.7% of its third downs last year (73rd in college football), while Charlotte’s defense ranked 107th in that category (46.4%)
When Charlotte Has The Ball
- The 49ers had the 75th-ranked offense in the FBS last season, averaging 27.0 points per game. The Blue Devils’ defense was 115th, allowing 38.1 points per contest.
- Charlotte ranked 56th in the FBS last season at 7.5 yards per pass attempt. Duke gave up 7.9 yards per passing play (93rd in college football).
- The 49ers’ pass protection resulted in 16 sacks conceded last season, 48th-fewest in college football. The Blue Devils’ defense compiled 31 (14th-most).
- Charlotte’s rushing game ranked 74th in the FBS last season (155.0 yards per game), while Duke allowed 213.2 per game (108th-ranked run defense).
Duke Betting Trends And Insights
- Duke compiled a 4-7-0 ATS record last year.
- The Blue Devils were favored by 6.5 points or more once last season, and covered the spread.
- Last season, the combined scoring went over the point total seven times in Duke’s games.
- In six games last season, Duke and its opponents scored more than 60.5 total points.
- The Blue Devils put together a 2-2 record in games they were listed as the moneyline favorite last season (winning 50% of those games).
Charlotte Betting Trends And Insights
- Charlotte went 3-3-0 ATS last year.
- The 49ers were an underdog by 6.5 points or more two times last season, and covered the spread in one of those matchups.
- Charlotte and its opponents combined to hit the over four out of six times last season.
- Duke and its opponents went over 60.5 combined points in six of 11 games last season.
- Last season, the 49ers were listed as the underdog in three games and failed to win any of those contests.
Duke Players To Watch
- Chase Brice recorded 2,162 passing yards (196.5 yards per game) with a 54.7% completion percentage last year (192-of-351), while throwing 10 touchdowns and 15 interceptions.
- Mataeo Durant rushed for 817 yards on 120 carries (74.3 yards per game) while scoring eight touchdowns a season ago.
- Last season Deon Jackson rushed for 682 yards on 161 carries (62.0 ypg), with five rushing touchdowns.
- Jake Bobo grabbed 32 passes for 358 yards last season and scored one touchdown. He averaged 32.5 yards per game.
- Jalon Calhoun also added 341 yards on 38 catches and two touchdowns. He put up 31.0 receiving yards per game last year.
- Noah Gray totaled 285 yards on 29 catches with two touchdowns last year, averaging 28.5 yards per game.
Charlotte Players To Watch
- Last year Chris Reynolds totaled 1,305 passing yards (217.5 yards per game) while going 96-for-175 (54.9% completion percentage) and throwing eight touchdowns and two interceptions.
- Tre Harbison rushed for 337 yards on 80 carries (56.2 yards per game) while scoring four touchdowns a season ago.
- Last year Aaron McAllister ran for 254 yards on 37 carries (50.8 ypg), with three rushing touchdowns. He also caught six passes for 90 (18.0 ypg) and one touchdown.
- Last season Victor Tucker collected 30 catches for 400 yards (66.7 ypg) while scoring two touchdowns.
- Micaleous Elder’s stat line last year showed 22 catches for 264 yards and two touchdowns. He put up 44.0 receiving yards per game.
- Last season Taylor Thompson caught 12 passes for 190 yards and one touchdown, averaging 38.0 receiving yards per game.
Powered By Data Skrive using data from