DraftKings NFL Special - Bet $5, Get $200! Money line wager $5 on any NFL team to win, and if your team wins, you win $200 in free bets in addition to your cash winnings from the wager. Plus, a $50 free bet and a 20% bonus up to $1,000 on your first deposit - To Claim Click This Link
DraftKings burst into daily fantasy sports (DFS) in 2012 and quickly gained a foothold as one of the top two operators in the space. Now it has parlayed that success into a position as one of the leaders in the rapidly growing regulated online sportsbook in the US. Sign up now for your DraftKings account and receive up to $1,050 in free bets and deposit bonuses from the sportsbook, or up to $520 for joining DraftKings DFS.
DraftKings online sportsbook is now available in 11 states, including Illinois, Michigan, and Pennsylvania. You can expect them to continue to grow as more states regulate online sportsbooks. Maryland is among the states slated to launch soon. DFS is available in the majority of states, with exceptions noted below.
DraftKings promo code in October 2021
DraftKings offers a multi-part welcome bonus for both sportsbook and DFS users. You do not need a DraftKings promo code to activate it – use our links to create your account, and you will be automatically eligible.
Your first deposit on the DraftKings Sportsbook will net you a $50 free bet, plus a 20% match of that deposit to a maximum of $1,000 in bonus funds. And on the DFS side, your minimum $5 deposit gets you $20 to use in contents. Plus a 20% match of your deposit, up to $500.
|Online Sportsbook / Daily Fantasy Sports Site||DraftKings|
|DraftKings Promo Code||None - Use Links|
|DraftKings Sportsbook Welcome Offer||$50 with 1st Deposit|
|DraftKings Sportsbook Deposit Bonus||20% Up to $1,000|
|DraftKings DFS Welcome Offer||$20 Free on 1st Deposit|
|DraftKings DFS Deposit Bonus||20% Up to $500|
|Last Verified||October 2021|
DraftKings Sportsbook sign-up bonuses
The DraftKings sign-up bonus differs for sportsbook and DFS. All told, $1,050 is available for new users. Let’s take a deeper look at each component of the offers.
New DraftKings Sportsbook users receive a free bet after making their first deposit, worth $50. This is yours regardless of deposit size (DraftKings deposit minimum is just $5).
You can use your free bet anywhere in the book. If it’s a winner, the proceeds will be in your account to withdraw or use on future bets as you see fit.
In addition, DraftKings offers a deposit match. Your first deposit will receive a 20% bonus, to a maximum of $1,000. You may not want to deposit the $5,000 required to maximize the bonus, but whatever deposit amount works for you will receive 20% in extra betting power!
Note that you cannot immediately use the bonus funds. They are added to your account in $1 increments for every $25 you wager on the site. But once they are cleared, they are entirely yours to bet with or withdraw. You have 90 days to clear the bonus, so take that into consideration when choosing your deposit size. You still keep whatever you’re cleared so far, though, even if you don’t clear it all within those 90 days.
DraftKings DFS sign-up bonuses
When you make your first DraftKings DFS deposit, you’ll receive $20 in ‘DK Dollars’ to use on the site. You can’t immediately withdraw those dollars, but you can use them to enter any contest on the site. Any winnings from those contests are yours to keep.
Any deposit amount works to unlock this welcome offer (the minimum is $5). It’s great to get your feet wet if you’re new to DFS.
After that, DraftKings DFS has a similar bonus to the sportsbook offer. DraftKings will give you a 20% match on your deposit. This offer has a maximum of $500. The bonus is cleared to you at a rate of $1 for every $25 you use on DraftKings DFS contests, and you have 90 days to clear as much as you can.
Just as was the case with DraftKings Sportsbook, you do not need a DraftKings bonus code to claim this welcome bonus. All you need to do is use our links to claim the bonus.
DraftKings VIP Loyalty rewards
DraftKings has one of the better rewards programs in the marketplace today, especially if you plan to bet at the sportsbook and enter DFS contests. Doing both earn you “DK Crowns,” and you can redeem those crowns for “DK Dollars,” contest tickets, and merchandise.
You earn one Crown for every $2 wager in the sportsbook and every $1 in DFS contests entered. It takes 550 Crowns to earn one DK dollar, which is worth the same as $1 of real money. The only difference is DK Dollars cannot be withdrawn; they must be wagered.
While that might not seem like a lot, DraftKings offers multiple ways to earn a slew of Crowns at both DraftKings Sportsbook and DFS.
On the DFS site, you can receive Crowns for completing “Missions.” For instance, if you wager at least $1 on 200 days during the MLB regular and postseason, you would achieve the “Fantasy Baseball Ironman” mission and be awarded 25,000 Crowns. Depending on how many Crowns you claim each month, you’ll be entered into different tiers. Then, just head to the site each day to claim a daily reward. As you might expect, the higher tier you’re in, the bigger your rewards will be.
At DraftKings Sportsbook, it’s unlikely you’ll be able to claim a 25,000 DK Crowns reward, but you are given missions as well. And sometimes, your DraftKings Sportsbook mission will reward you in crowns as well. An example of a mission we’ve seen is “Place four $200+ bets and earn a $60 free bet.” Missions with much smaller bet amounts are usually the ones that reward you in Crowns.
Is DraftKings Sportsbook legal and safe?
It has been quite the ride for DraftKings over the past few years. From intriguing start-up to DFS leader to sports betting powerhouse, the company’s growth trajectory has been fascinating to watch. In states where DraftKings Sportsbook has made its debut, it’s completely legal and safe to play on site.
The same will apply as the company expands into other locales. Here’s where things stand for DraftKings in the following states.
- DraftKings Sportsbook New Jersey: DraftKings was the first online and mobile option in NJ upon its debut in the Garden State in August 2018. The company partnered up with Resorts Casino in Atlantic City, home to a retail DraftKings Sportsbook.
- DraftKings Sportsbook West Virginia: 28, 2019 was the launch date for DraftKings in WV. Its land-based partner is Hollywood Casino at Charles Town Races.
- DraftKings Sportsbook Pennsylvania: DraftKings made its debut in PA on November. 7, 2019, via a deal with The Meadows Racetrack & Casino in Washington.
- DraftKings Sportsbook Indiana: On October. 3, 2019, DraftKings became one of the first online sports betting options in the Hoosier State via a partnership with Ameristar Casino East Chicago.
- DraftKings Sportsbook Iowa: Wild Rose Casino & Resort in Clinton is the land-based partner in Iowa for DraftKings, which debuted in the state in Feb. 2020.
- DraftKings Sportsbook New Hampshire: DraftKings has exclusive access to this market thanks to a deal with the New Hampshire Lottery. The online launch happened on December. 30, 2019, and two retail outlets opened in the state the following year.
- DraftKings Sportsbook Colorado: May 1, 2020, was a busy day in Colorado, with DraftKings among those making its debut. Mardi Gras Casino in Black Hawk is on board as the land-based partner.
- DraftKings Sportsbook Illinois: Casino Queen is the retail partner for DraftKings in Illinois. The official launch took place on August. 5, 2020. Unlike in other states, in Illinois, new signups for online sportsbooks must be completed in person. You can do this at the DraftKings at Casino Queen Sportsbook at 200 S. Front St. in East St. Louis.
- DraftKings Sportsbook Michigan: DraftKings teamed up with Bay Mills Resort & Casino in Brimley to access the Michigan market. The online and mobile sportsbook launch went live on January 22, 2021.
- DraftKings Sportsbook Tennessee: DraftKings is live in Tennessee. No land-based partner is required by state law.
- DraftKings Sportsbook Virginia: January 24, 2021, was the launch date for DraftKings in Virginia. Like in Tennessee, there are no land-based partners for regulated sportsbooks in Virginia. All action takes place on the mobile apps of the operators.
- DraftKings Sportsbook Arizona: DraftKings launched September 9, 2021, when sports betting went live in Arizona. It partnered with TPC Scottsdale to be licensed in the state. Plans are for a retail sportsbook are underway to open a brick-and-mortar location at the famous golf course.
- DraftKings Sportsbook Wyoming: On September 1, 2021, DraftKings was officially awarded a betting license, and it launched later that day. Sportsbooks do not need a land-based casino or brick-and-mortar establishment partner to gain a betting license.
DraftKings DFS legal states
On the DFS side, DraftKings is legal in the vast majority of US states. Here are the locations where you can NOT play DraftKings DFS:
- Washington state
Unlike sportsbooks, where the minimum age is 21, in most states, daily fantasy sports wagering is available to residents 18 years or older. Exceptions are Alabama and Nebraska, where it’s 19, and Massachusetts, where it’s 21.
Downloading the DraftKings app
DraftKings has a native app available for both Apple and Android users. You will find links to the mobile app download on DraftKings’ website, whether on the sportsbook or DFS site.
The DraftKings app is world-class and fully brings the desktop experience to your phone. Here’s what we found:
- Availability: The apps are easily accessible to download from the DraftKings website.
- Speed: The apps are quick and intuitive. We didn’t come across any lags or annoying glitches in our test.
- Overall Performance: DraftKings has nailed it on mobile. The apps are similar to what you’ll find on the company’s desktop version, albeit in a condensed fashion. The mobile offering is quick and easy to use.
- Markets/contests: Users will find all the same betting markets available and DFS contents on mobile as they are available with the online version of DraftKings.
- Live Betting: The sportsbook live betting feature is available for mobile app and desktop users. The layout is naturally different on smaller screens, but each works the same.
- Bet Slip: When betting on mobile devices, the betting slip feature sometimes leaves a lot to be desired. DraftKings does a solid job here, as well. Players can minimize the betting slip quickly and restore it without it disappearing altogether.
- DFS lineups: You can add/remove players, do all your player research, and even restore your original lineup all from within the app
DraftKings Sportsbook: Creating a new account
Signing up for a new DraftKings Sportsbook or DFS account should be a quick and painless process. We’ll review the process here for the sportsbook, but it’s very similar for new DFS accounts.
After visiting DraftKings for the first time, you’ll notice a button labeled “Sign Up.”
Simply clicking on that will begin the process. You’ll receive a prompt for basic information and additional details to help verify your identity. This process is standard for signing up at any reputable online operator, and we found nothing unusual while going through the steps at DraftKings.
While the process itself is simple, questions may pop up from time to time. Luckily, DraftKings provides a clear list of contact options right on the site. There’s even a chat option for those who want answers right away.
Once you create your account, you can make a deposit or start looking around. You’ll find a clean layout that is easy to navigate, not to mention plenty of betting opportunities.
When you are ready to make your first deposit, you’ll find that the process here is a snap as well.
In our experience, we were able to create an account and make a deposit in a couple of minutes. Signing up at DraftKings is easy and doesn’t take much time, so that’s a huge plus when deciding where you would like to spend your hard-earned dollars.
In Illinois, sportsbook users have one extra step of verifying your account in person. You can do this at the DraftKings at Casino Queen sportsbook in East St. Louis.
How does DraftKings sportsbook benefit experienced bettors?
Experienced sports bettors generally know what they want.
Among the items at the top of the checklist are ease of navigation, a smooth cashier function, and odds in line or better than the average of the betting marketplace.
DraftKings checks off all of those boxes. It’s easy to find what you’re looking for, and moving money in and out is a snap. As for odds, we found them to be fair and in line with what the general betting marketplace has to say about specific games and events.
DraftKings odds boost
DraftKings sportsbook regularly offers odds boosts. There’s a dedicated link for users to click on to find current opportunities. They can range from individual player performances to odds for a specific game or series.
Also, the main screen features a list of current promotions, which will sometimes show current odds boost opportunities. The company will also send out promotional emails with intriguing odds boosts from time to time.
DraftKings sportsbook pricing
Sportsbooks and oddsmakers need to be on top of their game in today’s increasingly competitive sports betting marketplace. Odds that are not in line with the general market will stick out like a sore thumb.
That doesn’t appear to be an issue at DraftKings. During our test, we found that DraftKings was in line with what the market is supporting. In some cases, we even found that they were offering better moneyline odds than competitors.
For example, here are the average moneyline odds for an NFL game.
- Los Angeles Rams+105
- Seattle Seahawks-125
For the same game on DraftKings, we found the same moneyline odds for the favored Seahawks. However, the odds for the underdog Rams were listed as +110.
Here’s the math on a $100 wager for both price points:
- Winning $100 bet at odds of +105 = $105 profit
- Winning $100 bet at odds of +110 = $110 profit
While that may not sound like a huge difference, it adds up in the long run. We went through the weekly NFL games and found that DraftKings was always in line with the average marketplace. Even better, in some cases. DraftKings is on top of its game when it comes to odds.
What’s not available at DraftKings Sportsbook
DraftKings offers up a wide range of betting markets and wager types so that you won’t lack options. If you find that something isn’t available in your neck of the woods, it could be due to state restrictions. Let’s take a look at how that might impact DraftKings users in available states.
- DraftKings NJ: You can bet on college sports, but not on NCAAF or NCAAB teams based in NJ or any collegiate events in the Garden State.
- DraftKings WV: Betting on games in which participants are under 18 years of age is prohibited.
- DraftKings PA: No wagering on eSports, NFL Draft, and other amateur drafts.
- DraftKings IN: You can’t bet on eSports or on amateur athletes who are under 18 years of age.
- DraftKings IA: No prop betting on college sporting events.
- DraftKings NH: No wagering on in-state college teams or amateur collegiate events hosted in NH.
- DraftKings CO: High school and eSports betting prohibited. No prop betting on college sports.
- DraftKings IL: No betting on in-state college teams or non-sporting events.
- DraftKings TN: Online sports betting launched in Nov. 2020. In-play wagers on college sporting events are prohibited.
- DraftKings MI: Online and mobile sportsbook launched on January 21, 2021. No major wagering restrictions.
- DraftKings VA: Online and mobile sportsbook launched on January 24, 2021. No major wagering restrictions.
- DraftKings AZ: Online and mobile sportsbook debuted September 9, 2021. There are no major wagering restrictions.
- DraftKings WY: Online and mobile sportsbook launched September 1, 2021. There are no major betting restrictions.
As states give the green light to sports betting, DraftKings Sportsbook is typically one of the many knocking on the door for entry. That should only continue as additional states come online, so we fully expect the list of states where you can wager on DraftKings to grow.
DraftKings sports betting options
DraftKings has all of the bases covered on sports betting.
You’ll find the basic bet types such as moneylines, spreads, and totals, as well as more advanced types such as futures, props, and live betting.
The same applies to sports. All of the major sports are available, as are several which are in the niche category. If it’s a sport with a sizeable following, there’s a good chance you’ll find it on DraftKings.
One of the best things about DraftKings is a layout that is easy to use and navigate. You’ll easily be able to find what you’re looking for, and the odds are laid out for your review.
For example, when looking at upcoming NFL games, you’ll find the moneyline, spread, and total odds all listed on the same page.
Clicking on the game will open up a new window of additional opportunities, such as prop bets.
Live betting options can are on the main screen upon logging in, and there’s also a clickable link at the top to examine those opportunities in detail. As for sports, clicking on the one you’re interested in will bring you to a list of all current markets.
What DFS sports can I play on DraftKings?
In the early days of DFS, the focus was on major sports such as NFL, MLB, NBA, and NHL. Fast-forward to today, and there are DFS contests for many others. DraftKings has been an innovator in this regard.
Here’s a current list of the fantasy sports you can play on the online platform or mobile app:
- Football (NFL)
- Basketball (NBA)
- Baseball (MLB)
- Golf (PGA)
- Hockey (NHL)
- College football
- College basketball
- League of Legends
- EuroLeague basketball
- Arena Football League
Individual sports such as golf, tennis, and MMA are a big hit with the DFS community, as have many of those in the niche variety such as League of Legends.
What DFS contests can I play?
You’ll find the whole menu of DFS game types on DraftKings, as well as contests of all shapes and sizes. Entry fees can range from free to $25,900, in some cases.
Contest sizes can be as few as two players to tens of thousands of users for the larger tournaments.
Here’s the current list of the contest types:
- Guaranteed prize pools (GPPs)
- Head to heads
- 50/50s and double-ups
- Multipliers and boosters
- Satellites and qualifiers
- Three to 100 player leagues
The GPP tournaments gain most of the headlines when it comes to DraftKings, but there are plenty of other ways to play.
Double-ups and 50/50s payout the top half of finishers, while head-to-head contests are fantasy contests in the traditional sense of player versus player.
Showdown contests revolve around a single game instead of a full slate of games, while tiers allow you to make your choices from varying levels of players.
What are the best DFS games for beginners?
For newer players, beginner-only games are available in the lobby. These help you get a feel for what it’s like to play DFS before being thrown into the experienced player pool.
Beginner-only games are only open to those who have yet to earn an “experience” badge on DraftKings or have yet to enter 50 paid contests. One of the cool features of DraftKings is that users will earn badges based on their success and level of play.
Other users can get a glimpse at the experience level of each player before entering a contest by looking at their badges.
For new players, a couple of great ways to start playing on DraftKings are:
- Beginner-only 50/50s
- Pick’em style games
For the 50/50s, the top half of entrants will win cash and nearly double their money. Playing in these contests helps you get a feel for building out lineups while also potentially increasing your budget for new games.
For the pick’em games, users have to choose one player from each different tier of athletes. Building a lineup while staying under the salary cap can be a little challenging at first. So, this is a great way to get a handle on DraftKings’ scoring and which athletes perform the best from a fantasy perspective.
Can I play DFS against my friends on DraftKings?
If you’re looking for more of a traditional fantasy sports experience in which you can play against family and friends, you’ll find that on DraftKings as well. At the top of its main website, you’ll find a clickable link labeled “Leagues.”
Clicking on that will allow you to create a private league.
You can invite family, friends, and coworkers to play, but they will naturally have to have their own DraftKings account. For those who have yet to sign up, you can point them to our exclusive links so they can also get the free $20.
You can also create a private head-to-head game to play games against users you invite. Both of these modes are great ways to get familiar with the DraftKings platform while playing against those you know, not to mention another chance to earn some bragging rights!
How to deposit and cash out winnings
If you can’t move money in and out with ease, then it’s not that much use to place winning bets or DFS lineups. On DraftKings, there’s a simple and easy-to-use cashier function, so that’s not an issue.
Once you log in, you’ll find a deposit button and my account feature in the upper right-hand corner. After clicking on the deposit button, you’ll find all of the options at your disposal. They range from online banking to PayPal.
It’s more of the same on withdrawal options. After clicking on my account, you’ll find the spot to process withdrawals. Simply click through, enter the amount you wish to withdraw, and choose your method.
One important note to remember: Not all deposit methods are available for withdrawal, and available methods may vary by state. For your convenience, here are the ways you can move money in and out on DraftKings:
- Credit cards: Visa, Mastercard, American Express, or Discover
- Gift cards: Visa, Mastercard, or American Express
DraftKings Sportsbook cash at the cage
For the cash at the cage option, here’s a look at where you handle your DraftKings business in person.
- DraftKings NJ: Cash at the cage is available at Resorts Casino Hotel, 1133 Boardwalk, Atlantic City, NJ 08401.
- DraftKings WV: Cash at cage not available at this time.
- DraftKings PA: Cash at cage not available at this time.
- DraftKings IN: Cash at cage not available at this time.
- DraftKings IA: Cash at the cage is available at Wild Rose Casino & Resort, 777 Wild Rose Dr., Clinton, IA 52732.
- DraftKings NH: Cash at the cage is available at The Brook, 319 New Zealand Rd., Seabrook, NH 03874, and Filotimo Casino & Restaurant, 1279 South Willow St., Manchester, NH 03103.
- DraftKings CO: Cash at the cage is available at Mardi Gras Casino, 300 Main St., Black Hawk, CO 80422.
- DraftKings IL: Cash at the cage is available at Casino Queen, 200 South Front St., East St. Louis, IL 62201.
- DraftKings MI: Cash at cage not available at this time.
- DraftKings TN: Cash at cage not available at this time.
- DraftKings VA: Cash at cage not available at this time.
How to contact DraftKings customer support
Questions will come up no matter how great a product is, so it’s always good to know you can find help as needed. DraftKings has a clickable help section located at the top of the main screen, and a contact us link at the bottom of the page.
After clicking on that, you’ll find an option to email for help as well as a support ticket option. Also, there’s a live chat feature for questions that require an immediate response.
This feature is an excellent touch that is lacking at many other operators. The chat feature is simple and easy to use, and agents are responsive. In our experience, we were able to start chatting with a representative from DraftKings in less than a minute.