DraftKings Sportsbook is now live for all New Jersey residents via one of Resorts Atlantic City Casino’s online sports betting licenses. The DraftKings Sportsbook app is available for download on both iPhone (iOS) and Android platforms.
“I am excited to begin this new chapter in our story by officially launching what I believe to be the most innovative, mobile sports betting product in the U.S.,” said Jason Robins, CEO and co-founder of DraftKings. “We have put immense thought and significant resources behind the development of DraftKings Sportsbook and I’m confident that sports fans in New Jersey will enjoy using it to make the experience of watching the games even more interesting and thrilling.”
TheLines readers in New Jersey qualify for a generous introductory promotion when trying DraftKings Sportsbook for the first time. You will get $35 in free bets (exclusive to TheLines) and match your first bet up to $500 upon initial deposit. Taking advantage of this offer is as easy as clicking the links below and following the required steps. There are no additional promotional codes required:
Instructions for iPhone and Android Devices
Below you’ll find the step-by-step instructions for downloading DraftKings Sportsbook for iOS and Android devices:
- Click on the DraftKings Sportsbook download link on your device. Make sure you allow DraftKings to use your device’s location so it knows you are located in New Jersey.
- You will advance to the app download page. Click on the download button at the bottom of the screen. Once the app downloaded to your device, click open and log into the DraftKings Sportsbook using the email linked to your account.
- You’re now eligible for the $35 in free bets and $500 match on your first bet! Follow corresponding instructions for making an initial deposit. Deposits are accepted via credit card.
Deposits and withdrawals at DraftKings Sportsbook
DraftKings Sportsbook users can share a wallet with their DFS accounts on the site if they have one. Transfer of funds from the daily fantasy side for use on Sportsbook is possible once the individual has played through their DFS deposit.
DraftKings Sportsbook currently offers several options for depositing:
- Credit card (Visa, Mastercard)
- Debit card (Visa, Mastercard)
- Bank transfer
Additionally, DraftKings has added PayPal as a deposit option. The availability of PayPal is particularly important, considering that there are still issues with banks declining an elevated percentage of credit card transactions.
Withdrawals are currently processed via a physical check or via the teller cage at Resorts Casino Atlantic City, the operator whose license DraftKings Sportsbook operates under.
Navigating the DraftKings Sportsbook interface
DraftKings Sportsbook features a betting carousel upon log-in, which will typically feature bets customized to the user’s personal wagering history on the site. Users are able to click on any featured bet open a betting ticket and place their wager.
There is plenty of uniformity between DraftKings’ DFS interface and that of its sportsbook. For example, like their DFS lobby, the sports betting lobby features a horizontal navigation bar across the top that highlights the different leagues and sports for which bets are being accepted. There is also a dropdown tab dubbed “Sports A-Z” where the user can examine all wagerable sports in alphabetical order.
Once a user selects a sport, all available wagers for that sport will display on their screen. This will typically include options for betting on point spreads, money lines, point totals, futures, parlays and props.
Upon a bet being selected, a bet slip pops up to the right-hand side of the screen, allowing the user to populate it with the amount they wish to wager. Users can then track open bets through two different tabs located above the aforementioned horizontal navigation bar:
- My Bets – lists all of the users’ active bets
- Live In-Game – lists the current potential payout of any active bet if the user wanted to take advantage of DraftKings’ live in-game ticketing system.