The Chicago Bears have a new quarterback and thus excitement is palpable for the coming NFL season. Illinois sportsbooks are looking to cash in on that hype. DraftKings Sportsbook is no exception to that rule and DraftKings Illinois NFL Week 1 promos represent the sports betting app’s vying for your betting budget.
The value of special promotions can be quite enticing, so it’s important to understand all the conditions and terms of each offer before buying into it. It’s also a wise move to handicap the chances of getting the full benefit of each deal so you can maximize your bankroll.
What Are the DraftKings Illinois NFL Week 1 Promos?
As of Wednesday, Sept. 8, DraftKings does have two NFL offers, one of which is for Week 1. Check back though, as we will update this article as more are announced. The sportsbook also has a great deal for new users as well.
- First-time depositors get a risk-free first bet worth up to $5,000 CLAIM NOW
- New users get up to $200 in free bets for wagering $1 on football
- Tampa Bay +73 No-Brainer
- NFL Risk-Free Same-Game Parlay
DraftKings Bankroll Builder: Risk-Free Bet Up To $5,000
New users interested in this offer and wagering on DraftKings Illinois NFL Week 1 promos can sign up for an account by clicking on the banner above or by clicking here and entering the bonus code during registration.
- Promotion only available to new players who never previously made a deposit into their DraftKings Sportsbook account
- Players that have an existing DraftKings daily fantasy sports or casino account are not eligible for this offer
- Players must make a first-time deposit (min. $1,000) and are eligible to opt-in to earn a free bet up to $5,000 if your eligible wager loses
- Promotion must be activated by opting-in on the promotions page
- Your first bet after opt-in will be your eligible free bet
- Free bet will be awarded instantly upon settlement in the form of a free bet or in the case of technical difficulties within 72 hours of settlement
- The maximum reward you can receive is a $5,000 free bet
- Must deposit by 9/30/21 and opt-in and place a bet by 10/15/21
- To be eligible, you must make a first deposit of at least $1,000
- The first wager you place after making your first deposit will count toward this promotion
- If the sportsbook grades your bet a loss, DraftKings will credit your account with up to $5,000 based on the quoted odds on your betting slip
So, if you deposit $1,000 and then bet that entire amount and the bet loses, you’d get a $1,000 free bet. It’s important to understand free bets before placing a wager of this amount. Most free bet winnings only return the profit and not the stake. So a $1,000 free bet that wins at +100 (even money) odds, would only return $1,000 in real money, not $2,000.
The DraftKings Sportsbook app is available for iPhone, iPad and Android.
Illinois Sportsbook In-Person Registration Requirement
Throughout the rest of 2021 at least, Illinois law requires bettors who wish to place wagers online to finish signing up for their accounts in-person. Thus, if you’ve never bet with DraftKings online in IL, you’ll have to make a trip to DraftKings at Casino Queen East St. Louis / Alton to register.
However, you don’t have to actually go into the casino in this case. Bluetooth and wifi markers in the parking lot satisfy the state’s geofencing requirements. You can finish your registration from your car if you wish.
That applies even if you’ve already registered for an account with DraftKings in another jurisdiction, like neighboring Indiana or Iowa. You can use the same account credentials when you get to the parking lot in Alton, though.
Should you be completely new to DraftKings altogether, creating a new account is free and you can do most of the process in the app. To verify your eligibility to bet on sports in IL, DraftKings needs all of the following from you:
- Date of birth
- Email address
- Last four digits of your Social Security Number
- Legal name
- Mailing address
DraftKings Illinois Week 1 NFL promo details
The Bet $1 Get $200 promo is only for new users. After creating your account and depositing at least $5, place a pre-game bet of at least $1 on any eligible college football or NFL game.
- Promotion games include college football games played between 8/28 and 9/4 or NFL games played between 9/9 and 9/13
- $200 credit will be paid as eight $25 free bets
- Free bets expire seven days after issuance
- Free bet value will not be part of payouts of subsequent winning bets, profits only
The Tampa Bay +73 is essentially a spread bet for the NFL regular-season opener between the Buccaneers and the Dallas Cowboys on Thursday, Sept. 9. DraftKings has boosted the odds to -110 on the market. As long as Dallas doesn’t win by 74 or more points, the sportsbook will grade your bet as a win.
Current DraftKings users should check back frequently for information about Week 1 NFL promos for all customers, like the Risk-Free Same-Game Parlay. This promo expires on Monday before the Monday Night games start. Simply choose a Week 1 game and place a same-game parlay of any legs you wish.
You must opt-in to the promo and place the parlay using DraftKings’ SGP feature, however. If your bet loses, DraftKings will refund your wager with a free bet up to the value of your bet or $25, whichever is lesser.
What are my chances of cashing sportsbook offers?
The most important thing to note in relation to these offers is that free bets are not real money. For a thorough explanation of how free bets work, check out our guide to free bets.
In summation, you have to wager free bets successfully at least once to turn it into actual money you can withdraw from your sportsbook account. Thus, your odds of cashing these offers depend on the exact circumstances of the subsequent bets you make using the free bet tokens.
The eligibility period is also important in this discussion. To maximize the value of these free bets, you only have a few days to use them. S0, finding a bet you like, and doing so quickly are both crucial. If you’re going to use your free bet on more NFL bets, check out our guide to betting on the NFL, too.
Other Illinois Sportsbook Risk-Free Bet Offers
Check out the risk-free bet sportsbook offers at our other partners in your state and get ready for the NFL season.