The Los Angeles Dodgers (68-45) visit the Philadelphia Phillies (59-54) at 1:05 PM ET on Thursday in a matchup featuring two of MLB’s most consistent batters. Trea Turner has a batting average of .322 (fourth in league) for the Dodgers, while Jean Segura is seventh at .314 for the Phillies. Philadelphia () has Ranger Suarez expected to start, while Los Angeles ( to win) has yet to name a starting pitcher.
The betting insights and predictions in this article reflect betting data from DraftKings as of August 11, 2021, 8:00 PM ET. See table below for current betting odds and CLICK HERE to bet at DraftKings Sportsbook.
Dodgers vs Phillies Betting Odds
Phillies Probable Starter Ranger Suárez
- The Phillies will send Suarez to the mound for his third start of the season.
- The left-hander last pitched on Saturday, when he threw 2 2/3 innings against the Mets without allowing a run or hit.
- The Dodgers have scored 588 runs this season, which ranks second in MLB. They have 945 hits, ninth in baseball, with 156 home runs (fifth in the league).
- His team has won 57.1% of his starts when they are underdogs on the moneyline (8-6).
Starting pitcher projections reflect team information as of August 11, 2021 at 8:19 PM ET and may change up to the start of game.
Dodgers Stats vs Suárez
Dodgers Betting Trends
- The Dodgers’ offense is averaging 5.4 runs in road games and 5.1 per contest when they play at home.
- The Dodgers are the second-highest scoring team in MLB action averaging 5.2 runs per game (588 total).
- The Dodgers have gone 68-42 in games they were listed as the moneyline favorite (winning 61.8% of those games).
- Los Angeles has a record of 47-21 when it has played as a moneyline favorite with odds of -170 or shorter (69.1%).
- In the 113 games bookmakers have set an over/under for Los Angeles, it has combined with opponents to go over the total 52 times (52-55-6).
- Los Angeles went 6-4 across the 10 games it was moneyline favorites in its last 10 matchups.
Phillies Betting Trends
- The Phillies rank 13th in the league with 518 total runs scored this season.
- They’ve scored 4.4 runs per game this season at home compared to an average of 4.8 per contest on the road.
- The Phillies have entered the game as underdogs 55 times this season and won 28, or 50.9%, of those games.
- Philadelphia has a record of 2-2 in games where bookmakers have them as underogs of at least +150 on the moneyline.
- Philadelphia’s games have gone over the total in 58 of their 113 chances.
- Philadelphia has been the underdog twice in the last 10 games and split those matchups 1-1.
Dodgers Players to Watch
- Justin Turner has driven in a team-best 66 runs batted in.
- Among the qualifying hitters in MLB, Justin Turner ranks 23rd in AVG (.289), and 13th in OBP (.376).
- Max Muncy has shown his power as he paces his team with 23 home runs.
- Muncy ranks 17th in HR (23), and third in OBP (.399) among qualifying hitters in MLB play.
Dodgers Batting Stats (2021)
Phillies Players to Watch
- Bryce Harper leads Philadelphia in home runs this season with 20 while driving in 45 runs.
- Among qualified hitters in MLB, Harper ranks 17th in AVG (.296), fourth in OBP (.397), and 17th in SLG (.562).
- Segura is batting .314 to lead Philadelphia, while adding eight homers and 40 runs batted in this season.
- Segura’s .314 AVG ranks seventh, and his .369 OBP ranks 21st among all qualified batters in the league.
Phillies Batting Stats (2021)
Dodgers vs Phillies Player Props
Powered By Data Skrive using data from