The Hampton Pirates (4-16, 1-7 CAA) will host the Delaware Fightin’ Blue Hens (11-10, 3-5 CAA) after losing five home games in a row. The contest starts at 7:00 PM ET on Thursday, January 26, 2023. Keep reading to find betting insights and statistics to help place a wager on the Fightin’ Blue Hens’ (to win on the moneyline) contest versus the Pirates ( ).
The betting trends in what follows reflect odds as of January 26, 2023 at 5:38 PM ET.
Claim Caesars Sportsbook Bonus Bonus up to $1,250!
Delaware vs Hampton Betting Odds
Get in on the betting discussion! Chat with Eli Hershkovich and our team of experts every day in our FREE Discord community.
Delaware Offense Vs. Hampton Defense
|Delaware Offense||Stats (Rank)||Hampton Defense|
|70.0 (218)||Points/Gm||78.3 (348)|
|10.0 (339)||Possessions/Game||14.3 (162)|
|44.5 (187)||Field Goal %||47.5 (341)|
|32.0 (284)||3PT %||38.9 (353)|
|50.3 (224)||Effective FG %||54.8 (345)|
|54.2 (205)||True Shooting %||60.1 (321)|
Hampton Offense Vs. Delaware Defense
|Hampton Offense||Stats (Rank)||Delaware Defense|
|68.4 (261)||Points/Gm||70.0 (202)|
|14.3 (196)||Possessions/Game||10.0 (25)|
|38.8 (356)||Field Goal %||44.6 (234)|
|33.6 (212)||3PT %||36.3 (306)|
|45.1 (352)||Effective FG %||50.8 (215)|
|49.5 (347)||True Shooting %||54.3 (160)|
Best Betting Sites For Delaware vs Hampton
Delaware Betting Insights
- Delaware has won 10 games against the spread this season, while failing to cover or pushing 10 times.
- The Fightin’ Blue Hens have covered the spread once when favored by 10 points or more this season (in three opportunities).
- Delaware’s games have gone over the point total 11 out of 20 times this season.
- The Fightin’ Blue Hens and their opponents have scored more than 142 points in nine of 20 games this season.
- The average point total in Delaware’s contests this year is 140.0, 2.0 fewer points than this game’s over/under.
Hampton Betting Insights
- Hampton has covered eight times in 19 matchups with a spread this year.
- The Pirates have covered the spread twice when an underdog by 10 points or more this year (in nine opportunities).
- Hampton and its opponents have combined to hit the over 13 out of 19 times this year.
- The Pirates have played 15 games this season that have had more than 142 combined points scored.
- Hampton has a 146.7-point average over/under in its contests this season, 4.7 more points than this game’s point total.
Delaware Key Players
- Jameer Nelson JR leads the Fightin’ Blue Hens in scoring, averaging 19.8 points per game.
- Delaware is led in rebounding by Christian Ray’s 8.7 rebounds per game and assists by Jyare Davis’ 3.2 assists per game.
- The Fightin’ Blue Hens are led by Nelson JR from long distance. He makes 1.7 shots from deep per game.
- Nelson JR leads the team with 2.5 steals per game. Gianmarco Arletti collects 1.0 block a game to pace Delaware.
Hampton Key Players
- Russel Dean’s excellent showing this season give him the top spot on the Pirates scoring and assists leaderboards with 14.3 points per game and 4.3 assists per game.
- Jordan Nesbitt’s 6.8 rebounds per game paces Hampton’s rebounding effort. He also adds 14.1 points per game.
- Marquis Godwin leads the Pirates in shooting from beyond the arc, averaging 2.8 made threes per game.
- Nesbitt is a defensive force for Hampton, leading the team in both steals (1.1 per game) and blocks (0.8 per game).