Many fantasy football owners are asking when will DeAndre Hopkins return and be back on the field for the Cardinals? Hopkins is normally one of the first wide receivers off the board in fantasy drafts but is now going in middle to late rounds due to his PED suspension. Below we will dish out an update on the WR and look at Cardinals betting futures.
When will DeAndre Hopkins return and be back with Cardinals?
Update: Hopkins is in line to start for the Cardinals this Thursday night against the Saints.
A major question for many fantasy football owners right now is when will DeAndre Hopkins return and be back for Arizona? Hopkins was suspended six games for this upcoming season after he tested positive for Ostarine, a banned substance. ESPN’s Jeremy Fowler reported in early August that the Cardinals are holding out hope that Hopkins’ six-game ban could be reduced to four games but added that the NFLPA said the topic was a “moot issue.”
NFL.com’s Kevin Patra wrote in late June that “a reduction is unlikely at this stage, as suspensions are usually announced after the appeals process is spent. And league rules make it clear players maintain the responsibility for what goes in their bodies, regardless of how it happened.”
Hopkins has held firm for months that he has no idea how the substance got into his system. But it appears the full six games will have to be served. Here is when Hopkins would be eligible to return to the playing field for the Cardinals.
- Week 7: Thursday, October 20 Saints vs. Cardinals
The risk vs. reward here, of course, is whether or not you want to use a draft pick on a player that will miss the first chunk of the season. But bringing Hopkins off your bench midway through a fantasy season would be one heck of a mid-season jolt. Here is a look at the Cardinals schedule down the stretch.
- Week 8: Sunday, October 30 Cardinals vs. Vikings
- Week 9: Sunday, November 6 Seahawks vs. Cardinals
- Week 10: Sunday, November 13 Cardinals vs. Rams
- Week 11: Monday, November 21 49ers vs. Cardinals
- Week 12: Sunday, November 27 Chargers vs. Cardinals
- Week 13: Cardinals bye week
- Week 14: Monday, December 12 Patriots vs. Cardinals
- Week 15: Sunday, December 18 Cardinals vs. Broncos
- Week 16: Sunday, December 25 Buccaneers vs. Cardinals
- Week 17: Sunday, January 1 Cardinals vs. Falcons
- Week 18: Sunday, January 8 Cardinals vs. 49ers
Arizona Cardinals futures and game lines are available to bet on now at legal online sportsbooks. Kliff Kingsbury’s team opens the regular season at home against the Chiefs, where the Cards are +3 underdogs at most books. Arizona is around +4000 at most books to win the Super Bowl.
Here are Cardinals futures moving forward.