The Jacksonville Jaguars (1-14) take a 14-game losing streak into a matchup against the Indianapolis Colts (10-5) on Sunday, January 3, 2021 at Lucas Oil Stadium. Indianapolis is a favorite in the contest and the contest has a point total of .
The betting insights in this article reflect betting data from DraftKings as of December 28, 2020, 2:41 PM ET. See table below for current betting odds and CLICK HERE to bet at DraftKings Sportsbook.
Colts vs Jaguars Betting Odds
Colts vs Jaguars Props
Looking to bet on props for this game? Use our prop search tool to find the best odds across legal sportsbooks in the US.
Betting the Total (Over/Under)
- Colts games have gone over 49.5 points on eight occasions this season (53.3% of matchups).
- Jacksonville’s contests have gone over 49.5 points on nine occasions (60% of games).
- The two teams average a combined 47.7 points per contest, 1.8 fewer than the total for this matchup.
- These two teams combine to surrender 54.1 points per game, which is 4.6 greater than the total for this matchup.
- This season, Jaguars games have resulted in an average scoring total of 50.4, which is 0.9 points higher than the over/under for this matchup.
- The Colts score the ninth-most points in the league this season, while the Jaguars’ offense puts up the 29th-most.
- Indianapolis is the league’s 12th-ranked scoring defense while Jacksonville is the 31st-ranked.
Colts Betting Insights
- Indianapolis’ games have hit the over in nine out of 15 opportunities this season (60%).
- Indianapolis has put together an 8-7 record against the spread this season.
Jaguars Betting Insights
- Jacksonville’s games have hit the over in eight out of 15 outings this season (53.3%).
- Jacksonville has a losing 6-9 record against the spread.
Colts vs Jaguars: Head to Head
|Date||Favorite||Home Team||Spread||Total||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Total Yards||Result|
|9/13/2020||Colts||Jaguars||-7.00||44.50||-345||+295||445-241 IND||27-20 JAX|
|12/29/2019||Colts||Jaguars||-4.5||41.5||-225||+195||353-275 JAX||38-20 JAX|
|11/17/2019||Colts||Colts||-2.5||41.5||-137||+120||389-308 IND||33-13 IND|
When the Colts Have the Ball
- The Colts average points scored this season (28.2) and the Jaguars points allowed (30.9) are within 2.7 points of each other.
- In games where Indianapolis score at least 28.2 points this season, they are 6-0 overall and 5-1 against the spread.
- When the Jacksonville defense allows 30.9 points or fewer this year, the Jaguars have accumulated a 1-6 overall record and a 5-2 record against the spread.
- The Jaguars defense has allowed an average of 416.4 yards per game, 42.3 yards more than the 374.1 the Colts offense has averaged per contest.
- On average, the Colts gain 5.8 yards per play and the Jaguars allow 6.2.
- When the Indianapolis offense puts together a game with at least their 2020 average in yardage, they are 4-1 overall and 3-2 against the spread this season.
- When Jacksonville allows fewer total yards to opposing offenses than their season average, they are 3-5 against the spread and 0-8 overall this season.
- The Jaguars have allowed opposing rushing attacks to average 145.3 yards per game, compared to the 114.9 yards the Colts offense has averaged on the ground per contest.
- In games where the Indianapolis rushing attack puts together at least their season average, the Colts are 7-1 overall and 6-2 against the spread.
- This season, when the Jacksonville defense allows opponents to pick up less than 145.3 yards on the ground, they are 5-5 against the spread and 1-9 overall.
- The Colts have turned the ball over 0.9 times per game this season, while the Jaguars have averaged 1.1 takeaways per contest.
- When Indianapolis doesn’t turn the football over this season, they are 7-0 overall and 6-1 against the spread.
- Jacksonville is 3-1 against the spread and 1-3 overall this season when they force at least 1.1 turnovers in a game.
When the Jaguars Have the Ball
- The Jaguars rack up 19.5 points per game, 3.7 fewer than the Colts give up per contest (23.2).
- When Jacksonville scores at least 19.5 points, it is 6-2 against the spread and 1-7 overall.
- This season, Indianapolis has a 5-1 record against the spread and a 6-0 record overall in games when it holds opponents to 28.2 or fewer points.
- The Jaguars average just 5.7 fewer yards per game (329.6), than the Colts give up per matchup (335.3). On average, the Jaguars pick up 5.3 yards per play, while the Colts give up 5.4 per play.
- In games Indianapolis holds its opponents to 335.3 or fewer yards, it has a 5-2 record ATS and a 5-2 record overall.
- The Jaguars rush for 97.7 yards per game, 4.8 more yards per game than the 92.9 the Colts allow per contest.
- Jacksonville has a 5-1 ATS record and a 0-6 overall record when the team runs for at least 97.7 yards.
- Indianapolis is 6-3 against the spread and 7-2 overall when holding opponents to 92.9 rushing yards or less.
- This year, the Jaguars turn the ball over 1.6 times per game, equal to the 1.6 the Colts force on average.
- Jacksonville is 4-4 against the spread and 1-7 overall when it turns the ball over 1.6 or fewer times.
- This season, Indianapolis has a 6-2 record against the spread and a 7-1 record overall when it forces at least 1.6 turnovers.
Colts Players to Watch
- Philip Rivers leads the team with 4,005 passing yards (267.0 yards per game) and has a 68.3% completion percentage this year (353-of-517) while throwing 23 touchdowns and 10 interceptions.
- Jonathan Taylor has ran for a team-leading 916 yards on 202 carries (61.1 yards per game) while scoring nine touchdowns. He also averages 19.9 receiving yards per game, grabbing 35 passes for 298 yards and one touchdown.
- This season, Nyheim Hines has run for 363 yards on 87 carries (24.2 ypg), with three rushing touchdowns. Hines also figures in the passing game, catching 58 passes for 432 (28.8 ypg) while scoring four touchdowns.
- T.Y. Hilton has reeled in 53 passes to lead the team with 735 yards while scoring four touchdowns. He has been targeted 86 times and averages 52.5 yards per game.
- Zach Pascal has added 588 yards on 42 grabs with five touchdowns. He has been targeted 67 times and puts up 39.2 receiving yards per game.
- Over 12 games, Michael Pittman Jr. has caught 38 passes on 58 targets for 475 yards and one touchdown, averaging 39.6 receiving yards per game.
- Justin Houston has notched a team-leading 7.5 sacks, while adding eight TFL and 23 tackles.
- Darius Leonard has totaled 119 tackles, seven TFL, and two sacks this season.
- Kenny Moore II has picked off four passes to lead the team while adding 71 tackles, three TFL, one sack, and 12 passes defended.
Jaguars Players to Watch
- Gardner Minshew has thrown for 2,259 yards while completing 66.1% of his passes (216-of-327), with 16 touchdowns and five interceptions in nine games this year (251.0 yards per game). He’s also carried the ball 29 times for 153 yards and one touchdown, averaging 17 yards per game.
- James Robinson has taken 240 carries for a team-leading 1,070 rushing yards (76.4 yards per game) while scoring seven touchdowns. He’s also caught 49 passes for 344 yards (24.6 receiving yards per game) with three touchdowns through the air.
- D.J. Chark has been targeted 94 times and has 53 catches to lead the team with 706 yards (54.3 ypg) while scoring five touchdowns in 13 games this season.
- Keelan Cole’s statline this year shows 52 catches for 619 yards and five touchdowns. He averages 41.3 receiving yards per game and has been targeted 79 times.
- Laviska Shenault Jr. has totaled 532 yards on 52 passes with three touchdowns, averaging 40.9 yards per game on 70 targets.
- Dawuane Smoot has collected a team-leading 5.5 sacks, while adding five TFL and 23 tackles.
- Joe Schobert leads the team in both tackles and interceptions, totaling 132 tackles, six TFL, 2.5 sacks, and three interceptions.
Powered By Data Skrive using data from