World No. 3 Collin Morikawa will tee off as the defending champion at the 2022 The Open Championship from St Andrews Links (Old Course) withodds to win the event yet again. A total of 156 golfers will compete in the tournament from July 13-16 in Saint Andrews, United Kingdom.
The betting trends in this article reflect odds as of July 13, 2022 at 9:33 PM ET.
Sign up for DraftKings today and get a $50 free bet plus a deposit match up to $1,000! New bettors only
Collin Morikawa odds for The Open Championship
Morikawa’s recent form
- Morikawa has finished in the top five in one of his last five appearances.
- He has made three cuts over his last five tournaments.
- Over his last five tournaments, Morikawa has finished within five shots of the leader once. He’s carded a score that’s better than average once.
- In his last five appearances, his average score has been +3.
The Open Championship details
- Date: July 13-16, 2022
- Location: Saint Andrews, United Kingdom
- Course: St Andrews Links (Old Course)
- Par: 72 / 7,297 yards
- Defending Champ: Collin Morikawa
Course history: Morikawa at The Open Championship
- Morikawa finished atop the leaderboard at this event in 2021.
- He finished one round with the top score in the field the last time he played here.
Course comparison – St Andrews Links (Old Course)
- The par 72 measures 7,297 yards for this week, which is 33 yards longer than the average Tour stop over the past 12 months.
- Golfers at St Andrews Links (Old Course) have averaged a score of -6 per tournament, lower than the Tour-wide scoring average of -5 over the past year.
- The average course Morikawa has played over the last year (7,289 yards) is eight yards shorter than the course he’ll be playing this week (7,297 yards).
- Over the past year, the events he’s played have a scoring average of -3 among finishers, which is higher than the -6 average at this course.
Historical player and course insights reflect data from the 2014-15 PGA season to present.
Collin Morikawa 2022 results
|Date||Event||Finish||Score||SG – Tee to Green||SG – Putting||Earnings|
|July 7-10||Genesis Scottish Open||MC||71-74||–||–||$0|
|June 16-20||U.S. Open||5||69-66-77-66 (-2)||11||4.08||$674,953|
|June 2- 6||the Memorial Tournament pres. by Workday||MC||71-77||2.866||0.546||$0|
|May 26-29||Charles Schwab Challenge||40||70-71-70-71 (+2)||–||–||$30,660|
|May 19-22||PGA Championship||55||72-72-74-70 (+8)||2.048||1.284||$27,925|
|April 14-17||RBC Heritage||26||70-70-69-68 (-7)||5.888||-4.424||$54,844|
|April 7-10||Masters Tournament||5||73-70-74-67 (-4)||9.228||-5.896||$0|
|March 17-20||Valspar Championship||68||68-70-74-73 (+1)||6.324||1.316||$16,224|
|March 10-13||THE PLAYERS Championship||MC||73-75||-0.95||-0.691||$0|
|February 17-20||The Genesis Invitational||2||67-67-68-65 (-17)||7.735||6.828||$1,068,000|
|January 7-10||Sentry Tournament of Champions||5||68-70-67-62 (-25)||5.42||0.449||$286,000|
Find PGA Player Props Today
Powered By Data Skrive using data from