College Football Upset Alerts: LSU, Ohio State, Or Louisville Vulnerable?
As the 2023 college football season marches on, upsets continue to be a staple. Last week, Georgia Tech pulled off the upset of the week over Miami in improbable fashion. Arizona (who we took at +21.5 last week!) nearly topped that with a slim triple-overtime loss to USC. This week, situational spots provide even more ammo for college football upset alerts. Let’s take a look at three of them.
Last week’s upset alerts went 2-1, pushing the underdogs outlined in this article now to 12-7-1 ATS with two outright victories. We’ll make the case, and you decide if you want to make the picks on the moneyline or in your pick ’em pools. Compare college football odds from the best sports betting sites below with these upset candidates.
COLLEGE FOOTBALL WEEK 7 UPSET ALERTS
Browse odds from the best college football betting sites throughout this article. Click to place a wager on any of the games.
No. 3 Ohio State at Purdue, 12:00 p.m. ET
Is this 2018 again? Not quite – neither team has much continuity since the famed Purdue win over No. 2 Ohio State. This week, No. 3 Ohio State marches into West Lafayette with two major games on tap: Penn State and at Wisconsin. The game takes place at noon, a time slot TheLines contributor and Purdue graduate believes hurts the Boilermakers’ chances. But a sleepy atmosphere mixed with Purdue getting a shot to again topple a top-three Ohio State team could spell early disaster.
The Buckeyes have had their fair share of slow starts this season. While talent ultimately wins out, I’m taking Purdue in the first half +10.5. Halftime may be a wakeup call, but the Boilermakers have enough offensive explosive prowess to spring a score or two early.
No. 14 Louisville at Pitt, 6:30 p.m. ET
Louisville notched a resounding win over Notre Dame at home last week. Students stormed the field and it was a very emotional win for the now 6-0 Cardinals. In Week 7, the Cards walk into Acrisure Stadium against a down Pitt team.
However, Pat Narduzzi and his crew are well-rested off a bye week. There’s uncertainty at quarterback, and this team is easy to overlook. However, the physical nature of Pitt and a desire to muck up games and take opponents out of their rhythm makes for a good trap spot for visiting opponents riding high.
Auburn at No. 22 LSU, 7:00 p.m. ET
Auburn heads to Baton Rouge off their bye week and is well-rested. On the other hand, LSU just wrapped up a third consecutive one-score game (and a third consecutive game with at least 60 scored points). The legs have to be wearing thin for an LSU Tiger squad that’s required late-game heroics by Heisman contender Jayden Daniels. Their defense is thin enough to keep Auburn in the game, particularly in the secondary.
While an outright upset in Death Valley at night is pretty unlikely, there’s a strong chance Auburn will keep this game within single digits.
- Join TheLines.com’s free sports betting Discord with more than 4,000 community members and our staff sharing betting ideas every day. Go to the #roles server to get push notifications to the Discord app from TheLines.com staff when they lock in a bet.
More College Football Upset Alerts: Underdogs With Rest Advantages
- Stanford () at Colorado: Stanford comes off a bye while Colorado returns from back-to-back close games.
- Indiana () at Michigan: Indiana comes off their bye week to visit Michigan.
- Michigan State () at Rutgers: Michigan State comes off their bye while Rutgers handles their second straight game with a rest disadvantage (at Wisconsin, vs. Michigan State).
- BYU () at TCU: BYU comes off a bye week, having last played on Friday night of Week 5. TCU returns from Ames after losing their staring QB to injury.
- Navy at Charlotte (): Charlotte comes off a bye week while Navy comes off a close win against North Texas.
- San Jose State at New Mexico (): New Mexico comes off a bye while San Jose State comes off a high-energy game in which they blew a big lead.
BEST COLLEGE FOOTBALL SPORTSBOOK PROMOS
Browse the best sportsbook promo codes below to get started betting on college football in 2023:
21+ in most states; Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER