The Coastal Carolina Chanticleers (8-2, 4-2 Sun Belt) and the Texas State Bobcats (3-7, 2-4 Sun Belt) meet in matchup between Sun Belt rivals. The Chanticleers, listed aton the spread, serve as host on November 20, 2021 at 1:00 PM ET against the Bobcats, on the moneyline to win. A total of points has been set for the matchup by bookmakers.
In this article we surface key metrics, betting trends, top players and updated odds — everything you need to know before making a bet on the game.
The betting trends in the following article are based off odds valid as of November 20, 2021 at 1:01 PM ET. Check out the table below for the latest odds for this matchup and click here to get the best DraftKings Sportsbook deposit bonus!
Coastal Carolina Vs. Texas State Betting Odds
For college football picks and predictions this week, check out our best bets article at PlayPicks.
Coastal Carolina Offense Vs. Texas State Defense
|Chanticleers Offense||Stats (Rank)||Bobcats Defense|
|42.3 (5)||Points/Gm||33.9 (112)|
|463.2 (11)||Yards/Gm||422.0 (103)|
|256.2 (41)||Pass Yards/Gm||235.9 (83)|
|207.0 (18)||Rush Yards/Gm||186.1 (108)|
|11.8 (2)||Yards/Pass||7.3 (69)|
|5.9 (3)||Yards/Rush||4.5 (92)|
|57.7% (1)||3rd Down %||48.3% (123)|
|3 (1)||Turnovers||8 (86)|
|3 (12)||Sacks||4 (107)|
Texas State Offense Vs. Coastal Carolina Defense
|Texas State Offense||Stats (Rank)||Coastal Carolina Defense|
|23.2 (102)||Points/Gm||19.8 (19)|
|347.4 (98)||Yards/Gm||302.8 (11)|
|210.0 (85)||Pass Yards/Gm||168.4 (8)|
|137.4 (85)||Rush Yards/Gm||134.4 (51)|
|6.3 (110)||Yards/Pass||7.2 (60)|
|3.6 (100)||Yards/Rush||4.1 (65)|
|33.8% (111)||3rd Down %||37.7% (49)|
|15 (115)||Turnovers||1 (130)|
|10 (86)||Sacks||4 (107)|
When Coastal Carolina Has The Ball
- The Chanticleers are first in the FBS in third-down percentage (57.7%), and will be looking to stay on the field against the 123rd-ranked defense in that category, owned by the Bobcats (48.3%).
- Coastal Carolina’s fifth-ranked scoring offense averages 42.3 points per game. Texas State has the 112th-ranked scoring defense (33.9 ppg).
- The Chanticleers are 12th-best in college football in sacks allowed (three), and are playing the defense with the 21st-fewest, the Bobcats (four).
- Coastal Carolina averages 463.2 yards per game to rank 11th in the FBS, while Texas State concedes 422.0 per game (25th-most in college football).
When Texas State Has The Ball
- The Bobcats average 347.4 yards per game to rank 98th in the FBS. They face a Chanticleers defense ranked 11th, allowing 302.8 yards per game.
- Coastal Carolina has the 19th-ranked scoring defense (19.8 points per game). Texas State’s 102nd-ranked scoring offense puts up 23.2 points per game.
- The Bobcats average 210.0 yards through the air per game (85th in the FBS). The Chanticleers rank eighth, allowing 168.4 passing yards.
- Texas State has a 33.8% third-down conversion rate, 111th in the FBS. Coastal Carolina allows third-down conversions on 37.7% of its opponents’ attempts (49th).
Coastal Carolina Betting Trends And Insights
- Coastal Carolina has compiled a 4-4-1 ATS record so far this year.
- The Chanticleers have covered the spread twice this season (2-0-1 ATS) when playing as at least 25-point favorites.
- A total of four out of Coastal Carolina’s nine games this season have gone over the point total.
- Coastal Carolina’s nine games this season have gone over this contest’s total of 60 points five times.
- The Chanticleers have won 71.4% of the games this season when they were favored on the moneyline (5-2).
Texas State Betting Trends And Insights
- Texas State has won five games against the spread this year, while failing to cover five times.
- So far this year, five out of Texas State’s 10 games with an over/under have gone over the point total.
- Texas State has played four games this season that ended with a point total higher than 60 points.
- This season, the Bobcats have been the underdog seven times and won two of those games.
Coastal Carolina Players To Watch
- This year, Grayson McCall has collected 2,063 passing yards (257.9 yards per game) while going 116-for-158 (73.4% completion percentage) and throwing 17 touchdowns and two interceptions. He has added 135 rushing yards on 54 carries with three touchdowns, averaging 16.9 yards per game.
- Shermari Jones has run for a team-leading 593 yards on 85 attempts (84.7 yards per game) while scoring 11 touchdowns.
- Reese White has rushed for 516 yards on 71 carries (64.5 yards per game), with seven touchdowns on the ground this year.
- Jaivon Heiligh has grabbed 43 passes for a team-high 846 yards while scoring five touchdowns. He averages 94.0 yards per game.
- Isaiah Likely’s stat line this year shows 41 catches for 710 yards and nine touchdowns. He puts up 78.9 receiving yards per game.
- This season Kameron Brown is averaging 59.0 yards per game, with 23 catches for 413 yards and two touchdowns.
Texas State Players To Watch
- This year, Brady McBride has recorded 1,520 passing yards (217.1 yards per game) while going 146-for-244 (59.8% completion percentage) and throwing 12 touchdowns and 10 interceptions. He has tacked on 145 rushing yards on 75 carries with one touchdown, averaging 20.7 yards per game.
- Calvin Hill has taken 104 carries for a team-leading 490 rushing yards (49.0 yards per game) while scoring one touchdown.
- Jahmyl Jeter has run for 307 yards on 67 carries (34.1 yards per game), with six touchdowns on the ground this year.
- This season Javen Banks has 37 catches and leads the team with 548 yards (54.8 per game) while scoring five touchdowns.
- Marcell Barbee has hauled in 30 catches for 415 yards (46.1 yards per game) and four touchdowns.
- This season T.J. Graham is averaging 32.6 yards per game, with 15 catches for 228 yards and two touchdowns.
Powered By Data Skrive using data from