The Chicago State Cougars (4-16) will look to stop a 16-game road losing streak when they visit the Coastal Carolina Chanticleers (10-9) on Monday, January 23, 2023 at The HTC Center. The contest airs at 7:00 PM ET on ESPN+. Keep reading to find betting insights and statistics to help place a wager on the Chanticleers’ (to win on the moneyline) contest with the Cougars ( ).
The insights in the article below use the latest odds as of January 23, 2023 at 5:38 PM ET.
Coastal Carolina vs Chicago State Betting Odds
Get in on the betting discussion! Chat with Eli Hershkovich and our team of experts every day in our FREE Discord community.
Coastal Carolina Offense Vs. Chicago State Defense
|Coastal Carolina Offense||Stats (Rank)||Chicago State Defense|
|76.1 (81)||Points/Gm||73.9 (299)|
|15.0 (115)||Possessions/Game||10.7 (77)|
|44.9 (156)||Field Goal %||45.4 (280)|
|32.4 (265)||3PT %||32.0 (106)|
|50.6 (207)||Effective FG %||51.0 (226)|
|54.7 (173)||True Shooting %||56.0 (222)|
Chicago State Offense Vs. Coastal Carolina Defense
|Chicago State Offense||Stats (Rank)||Coastal Carolina Defense|
|66.8 (311)||Points/Gm||71.6 (245)|
|10.7 (281)||Possessions/Game||15.0 (248)|
|41.4 (323)||Field Goal %||41.8 (88)|
|32.3 (270)||3PT %||34.4 (222)|
|48.2 (302)||Effective FG %||49.4 (160)|
|50.9 (319)||True Shooting %||53.1 (123)|
Best Betting Sites For Coastal Carolina vs Chicago State
Coastal Carolina Betting Insights
- Coastal Carolina has put together an 8-8-0 ATS record so far this year.
- A total of nine out of Coastal Carolina’s 16 games this season have hit the over.
- In nine of 16 games this season, the Chanticleers and their opponents have gone over 143.5 points.
- Coastal Carolina’s outings this year have an average total of 147.7, 4.2 more points than this matchup’s over/under.
Chicago State Betting Insights
- Chicago State has covered 11 times in 19 matchups with a spread this year.
- The Cougars have an ATS record of 6-6 when playing as at least 8-point underdogs this year.
- Chicago State and its opponents have combined to hit the over six out of 19 times this year.
- The Cougars have played eight games this season that ended with a point total above 143.5 points.
- Chicago State has had an average of 140.7 points scored in its games so far this season, 2.8 points fewer than this game’s over/under.
Coastal Carolina Key Players
- The Chanticleers scoring leader is Jomaru Brown, who contributes 15.3 points per game.
- Henry Abraham leads Coastal Carolina with 3.3 assists per game and Essam Mostafa paces the squad with 10.4 rebounds per outing.
- Linton Brown is the top three-point shooter for the Chanticleers, knocking down 1.9 per game.
- Coastal Carolina’s steals leader is Jomaru Brown, who grabs 2.0 per game. Jimmy Nichols leads the team averaging 1.1 blocks a contest.
Chicago State Key Players
- The Cougars go-to guy, Wesley Cardet Jr., leads the team in both scoring (16.0 points per game) and assists (2.9 assists per game).
- Jahsean Corbett collects all of the boards and is the Chicago State leader in rebounds, pulling down 9.2 per game.
- Bryce Johnson is tops from three-point range for the Cougars, knocking down 2.0 treys per game.
- Chicago State’s Brent Davis has the top spot on the team’s steals leaderboard with 1.3 per game and Cardet Jr. is first in blocks with 0.6 per game.