Sun Belt foes square off when the Appalachian State Mountaineers (10-9, 3-3 Sun Belt) visit the Coastal Carolina Chanticleers (8-9, 2-4 Sun Belt) at The HTC Center, tipping off at 7:00 PM ET on Thursday, January 19, 2023. Keep reading to find betting insights and statistics to help place a wager on the Mountaineers’ (to win on the moneyline) matchup against the Chanticleers ( ).
The betting insights in what follows reflect odds as of January 19, 2023 at 5:38 PM ET.
Appalachian State vs Coastal Carolina Betting Odds
Get in on the betting discussion! Chat with Eli Hershkovich and our team of experts every day in our FREE Discord community.
Appalachian State Offense Vs. Coastal Carolina Defense
|Appalachian State Offense||Stats (Rank)||Coastal Carolina Defense|
|72.9 (152)||Points/Gm||70.4 (214)|
|11.3 (103)||Possessions/Game||8.3 (150)|
|44.8 (165)||Field Goal %||41.5 (84)|
|32.7 (250)||3PT %||33.6 (192)|
|51.4 (164)||Effective FG %||48.6 (131)|
|54.4 (196)||True Shooting %||52.5 (107)|
Coastal Carolina Offense Vs. Appalachian State Defense
|Coastal Carolina Offense||Stats (Rank)||Appalachian State Defense|
|74.5 (132)||Points/Gm||64.0 (48)|
|8.3 (208)||Possessions/Game||11.3 (255)|
|43.8 (215)||Field Goal %||40.4 (42)|
|30.6 (321)||3PT %||32.5 (133)|
|49.3 (256)||Effective FG %||47.0 (60)|
|53.8 (218)||True Shooting %||51.9 (82)|
Best Betting Sites For Appalachian State vs Coastal Carolina
Appalachian State Betting Insights
- Appalachian State has won eight games against the spread this season, while failing to cover eight times.
- The Mountaineers have covered the spread once this season (1-5 ATS) when playing as at least 2-point favorites.
- A total of seven out of Appalachian State’s 16 games this season have gone over the point total.
- In five games this season, the Mountaineers and their opponents have gone over 137 combined points.
- The average point total in Appalachian State’s games this season is 136.9, 0.1 points fewer than this matchup’s over/under.
Coastal Carolina Betting Insights
- Coastal Carolina has put together a 6-8-0 ATS record so far this year.
- The Chanticleers have covered the spread five times this year (5-5 ATS) when playing as at least 2-point underdogs.
- So far this year, seven out of Coastal Carolina’s 14 games with an over/under have gone over the point total.
- The Chanticleers have combined with their opponent to score more than 137 points in nine of 14 games this season.
- Coastal Carolina’s average game total this season has been 144.9, 7.9 more points than this matchup’s over/under.
Appalachian State Key Players
- The Mountaineers scoring leader is Tyree Boykin, who contributes 11.9 points per game.
- CJ Huntley paces Appalachian State with 6.5 rebounds a game and Donovan Gregory leads the team with 4.2 assists per contest.
- Boykin makes 2.2 treys per game to lead the Mountaineers.
- Appalachian State’s blocks leader is Justin Abson, who averages 2.1 per game. Gregory leads the team averaging 1.6 steals an outing.
Coastal Carolina Key Players
- The Chanticleers leader in scoring is Jomaru Brown with 15.3 points per game. He also adds 2.5 rebounds per game and 2.9 assists per game.
- The Coastal Carolina leaders in rebounds and assists are Essam Mostafa (10.2 rebounds per game) and Henry Abraham (3.5 assists per game).
- Linton Brown makes more threes per game than any other member of the Chanticleers, averaging 2.0 treys per game.
- Nobody on Coastal Carolina grabs more steals than Jomaru Brown (2.0 per game) or blocks more shots than Jimmy Nichols (1.2 per game).