The Phoenix Suns (5-1) are favored () to build on a four-game win streak when they host the Los Angeles Clippers (4-2) at 8:00 PM ET on Sunday, January 3, 2021 at PHX Arena. The contest airs on PRIME. The over/under is for the matchup.
The betting insights in this article reflect odds data from FanDuel Sportsbook as of January 3, 2021, 12:40 AM ET. See table below for current betting odds.
Clippers vs Suns Betting Odds
Clippers vs Suns Props
Looking to bet on props for this game? Use our prop search tool to find the best odds across legal sportsbooks in the US.
Injury Report as of January 3
Marcus Morris Sr.: Out (Knee)
Abdel Nader: Out (Concussion Protocol),
Jalen Smith: Out (Ankle)
Clippers and Suns Records ATS
- Los Angeles has a 4-2 record ATS this year.
- When favored by at least 2 points, the Clippers are 3-2 against the spread this season.
- Los Angeles and its opponents have gone over the set over/under in 3 of 6 games this season (50%).
- Phoenix has outpaced the spread so far this season with a record of 5-1.
- When they play as at least a 2-point underdog, the Suns tend to meet expectations with a 2-1 record against the spread.
- Six of Phoenix’s six games (100%) this season haven’t covered the over/under.
Head to Head
In the last matchup between the teams on Tuesday, the Suns defeated the Clippers 117-115. Kawhi Leonard led the Clippers with 27 points, and Devin Booker paced the Suns with 35. The Suns covered the spread as 8.5-point underdogs, and the teams combined to score 232 total points to finish over on the 230-point over/under.
|Date||Favorite||Home Team||Spread||Total||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Game Type||Result|
|8/4/2020||Clippers||Clippers||-8.5||230||-374||293||Regular Season||117-115 PHO*|
|2/26/2020||Clippers||Suns||-7.5||233||-324||260||Regular Season||102-92 LAC*|
|12/17/2019||Clippers||Clippers||-14||225.5||-1430||889||Regular Season||120-99 LAC*|
|10/26/2019||Clippers||Suns||-10||226||-552||411||Regular Season||130-122 PHO*|
|2/13/2019||–||Clippers||–||–||–||–||Regular Season||134-107 LAC|
|1/4/2019||–||Suns||–||–||–||–||Regular Season||121-111 LAC|
|12/10/2018||–||Suns||–||–||–||–||Regular Season||123-119 LAC|
|11/28/2018||–||Clippers||–||–||–||–||Regular Season||115-99 LAC|
|3/28/2018||–||Suns||–||–||–||–||Regular Season||111-99 LAC|
|2/23/2018||–||Suns||–||–||–||–||Regular Season||128-117 LAC|
- 8/4/2020 DNP – Clippers: Montrezl Harrell; Suns: Kelly Oubre Jr., Aron Baynes
- 2/26/2020 DNP – Suns: Kelly Oubre Jr.
- 12/17/2019 DNP – Suns: Devin Booker
- 10/26/2019 DNP – Clippers: Paul George; Suns: Deandre Ayton, Ricky Rubio
- Los Angeles’ games this year have gone over the point total for Sunday’s matchup over/under (217.5 points) in 766.7% of opportunities (46 out of six matchups).
- Zero Phoenix games this year (0% of its matchups) ended with a final score greater than Sunday’s total of 217.5 points.
- This season, the average total for Clippers games is 219.2 points, 1.7 more than the over/under of 217.5 points for this contest.
- The over/under for this contest is 10.8 points more than the average over/under in Suns’ games this season (206.7 points).
- The Clippers have an average implied point total of 114.5 this season, which is 4.5 points higher than their implied total in Sunday’s game (110).
- This season, Los Angeles has scored more than its implied point total for this matchup (110) 55 times.
- The Suns’ average implied point total on the season (113.5 points) is 5.5 points higher than their implied total in this matchup (108 points).
- Phoenix has scored more than 108 points in two games on the season.
- The Clippers are the league’s 15th-highest scoring team (110.3 PPG), while the Suns allow the fewest points per game (98.7) in NBA action.
- The Clippers have out-scored their opponents by just nine points this season (1.5 points per game on average), and the Suns have put up 56 more points than their opponents on the year (9.3 per game).
- The Clippers points and assists leader is Paul George. He puts up 22.8 points per game and records 5.3 assists.
- George’s assists prop over/under for the matchup is posted at 3.5 assists, 1.8 assists less than his season average of 5.3.
- Nicolas Batum paces Los Angeles with 6.5 rebounds per game.
- Batum’s PRA prop total for the game is set at 14.5, 2.7 lower than his season average of 17.2.
- The Clippers are led by George from long distance. He knocks down 3.8 shots from deep per game.
- George’s three pointers made prop total for the game is set at 3.5, 0.3 shots lower than his season average of 3.8.
- Los Angeles’ steals leader is George, who collects 1.7 per game. Ivica Zubac leads the team averaging 1.3 blocks an outing.
- Zubac’s blocks prop over/under for the contest is set at 0.5, 0.8 blocks lower than his season average of 1.3.
- The Suns leader in scoring is Booker with 20.5 points per game. He also adds 4.0 rebounds per game and 3.8 assists per game.
- Booker’s points prop over/under for the game is set at 24.5, 4.0 points higher than his season average of 20.5.
- Deandre Ayton (11.2 rebounds per game) and Chris Paul (8.7 assists per game) are the Phoenix leaders in rebounds and assists.
- Ayton’s rebounding prop over/under for the contest is posted at 10.5 boards, 0.7 rebounds lower than his season average of 11.2.
- Mikal Bridges leads the Suns in shooting from beyond the arc, averaging 3.0 made threes per game.
- Bridges’ three pointers made prop total for the game is set at 1.5, 1.5 shots lower than his season average of 3.0.
- Nobody on Phoenix grabs more steals than Booker (1.2 per game) or blocks more shots than Ayton (1.3 per game).
- Ayton’s blocks prop total for the game is set at 1.5, 0.2 blocks higher than his season average of 1.3.
Powered By Data Skrive using data from