The Los Angeles Clippers (25-14) are 5.5-point favorites as they attempt to end a three-game road losing streak when they square off against the New Orleans Pelicans (16-22) on Sunday, March 14, 2021 at Smoothie King Center. The contest airs at 9:00 PM ET on ESPN. The matchup has a point total of 236.5.
The betting insights in this article reflect odds data from DraftKings Sportsbook as of March 14, 2021, 12:40 AM ET. See table below for current betting odds.
Clippers vs Pelicans Betting Odds
Clippers vs Pelicans Props
Looking to bet on props for this game? Use our prop search tool to find the best odds across legal sportsbooks in the US.
Injury Report as of March 14
Patrick Beverley: Out (Knee)
JJ Redick: Out (Heel)
Clippers and Pelicans Records ATS
- Los Angeles has a 21-18 record ATS this year.
- The Clippers have a winning record against the spread when favored by 5.5 points or more, going 14-11 this season.
- Los Angeles and its opponents have hit the over in 21 of 39 games this season (53.8%).
- New Orleans has a 17-21 record against the spread this season.
- The Pelicans only hold a 4-7 record against the spread this season when they play as at least a 5.5-point underdog.
- 31.6% of New Orleans’ 38 games this season have stayed under the over/under.
Head to Head
Kawhi Leonard scored a team-high 28 points to lead the Clippers over Nickeil Alexander-Walker (37 points) and the Pelicans 111-106 in their last matchup on January 13, 2021. The Clippers were favored by 10.5 points in the game, but the Pelicans covered the spread in the win. The teams put up a total of 217 total points to cover the 216-point over/under.
|Date||Favorite||Home Team||Spread||Total||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Game Type||Result|
|1/13/2021||Clippers||Clippers||-10.5||216||-588||425||Regular Season||111-106 LAC|
- In Los Angeles’ matchups this season, the Clippers and their opponents have eclipsed Sunday’s point total of 236.5 points seven times (17.9% of opportunities).
- In 35.9% of New Orleans’ games this season (14 of 39), the total points scored was more than Sunday’s 236.5-point over/under.
- The Clippers have seen a 224.5 average over/under in their games this season, 12.0 points fewer than the over/under in this matchup.
- The over/under for this contest is 6.3 points more than the average over/under in Pelicans’ games this season (230.2 points).
- The average implied total for the Clippers this season is 115.8 points, 5.2 fewer points than their implied total of 121 points in Sunday’s game.
- Los Angeles has outscored this matchup’s implied point total (121) 13 times.
- The average implied point total on the season for the Pelicans (115.4) is 0.6 fewer points than the team’s implied total in this matchup (116).
- New Orleans has scored more than 116 points in 19 games this season.
- The Clippers are the NBA’s fifth-highest scoring team (115.2 PPG), while the Pelicans allow their opponents the 27th-fewest points per game (115.4) in the league.
- The Clippers have totaled 231 more points than their opponents this season (5.9 per game on average), while the Pelicans have been out-scored by 122 total points (3.1 per game average differential).
- The Clippers scoring leader is Leonard, who puts up 26.7 points per game.
- Los Angeles is led in rebounding by Ivica Zubac’s 6.9 rebounds per game and assisting by Paul George’s 5.4 assists per game .
- George is the top three-point shooter for the Clippers, connecting on 3.5 per game.
- Los Angeles’ steals leader is Leonard, who averages 1.5 per game. Serge Ibaka leads the team averaging 1.2 blocks a game.
- Zion Williamson outpaced his teammates on the Pelicans scoring front by putting up 25.5 points per game. He adds 7.1 rebounds and 3.3 assists per game this season.
- The New Orleans leaders in rebounds and assists are Steven Adams (9.2 rebounds per game) and Lonzo Ball (5.2 assists per game).
- Ball leads the Pelicans in shooting from beyond the arc, averaging 2.9 made threes per game.
- New Orleans’ Ball has the top spot on the team’s steals leaderboard with 1.3 per game and Brandon Ingram is first in blocks with 0.8 per game.
Powered By Data Skrive using data from