The New Orleans Pelicans (4-5) are underdogs as they attempt to turn around a three-game losing streak when they visit the Los Angeles Clippers (7-4) on Wednesday, January 13, 2021 at Staples Center. The game airs at 10:00 PM ET on ESPN. The over/under in the matchup is set at .
The betting insights in this article reflect odds data from DraftKings Sportsbook as of January 13, 2021, 12:41 AM ET. See table below for current betting odds.
Clippers vs Pelicans Betting Odds
Clippers vs Pelicans Props
Looking to bet on props for this game? Use our prop search tool to find the best odds across legal sportsbooks in the US.
Injury Report as of January 13
Ivica Zubac: Day To Day (Abdominal)
Lonzo Ball: Out (Knee),
Eric Bledsoe: Day To Day (Eye),
JJ Redick: Day To Day (Hamstring)
Clippers and Pelicans Records ATS
- Los Angeles is over .500 against the spread this season with a record of 6-5.
- The Clippers are 1-3 against the spread this season when they are at least a 6.5-point favorite.
- In 54.5% of its games this season (6/11), Los Angeles and its opponents have outscored the set over/under.
- New Orleans holds a losing record ATS this season with three wins and six losses ATS.
- The Pelicans only hold a 0-2 record against the spread this season when they play as at least a 6.5-point underdog.
- New Orleans and its opponents have often not covered the over/under this season, only hitting the over in 44.4% (4) of their nine games played.
Head to Head
The Clippers got a team-high 28 points out of Paul George on the way to a 126-103 victory over Nickeil Alexander-Walker (15 points) and the Pelicans in their last matchup on August 1, 2020. The Clippers were 5-point favorites in the game and covered the spread in the win. The teams scored 229 total points to finish under the 233-point over/under.
|Date||Favorite||Home Team||Spread||Total||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Game Type||Result|
|8/1/2020||Clippers||Clippers||-5||233||-211||175||Regular Season||126-103 LAC*|
|1/18/2020||Clippers||Pelicans||-5.5||235.5||-245||195||Regular Season||133-130 LAC*|
|11/24/2019||Clippers||Clippers||-12.5||233.5||-1030||684||Regular Season||134-109 LAC*|
|11/14/2019||Clippers||Pelicans||-4||233||-170||141||Regular Season||132-127 NO*|
|1/14/2019||–||Clippers||–||–||–||–||Regular Season||121-117 NO|
|12/3/2018||–||Pelicans||–||–||–||–||Regular Season||129-126 LAC|
|10/23/2018||–||Pelicans||–||–||–||–||Regular Season||116-109 NO|
|4/9/2018||–||Clippers||–||–||–||–||Regular Season||113-100 NO|
|3/6/2018||–||Clippers||–||–||–||–||Regular Season||121-116 NO|
|1/28/2018||–||Pelicans||–||–||–||–||Regular Season||112-103 LAC|
- 8/1/2020 DNP – Clippers: Lou Williams, Montrezl Harrell
- 1/18/2020 DNP – Clippers: Paul George; Pelicans: Zion Williamson, Jrue Holiday
- 11/24/2019 DNP – Pelicans: Zion Williamson
- 11/14/2019 DNP – Clippers: Kawhi Leonard;
Pelicans: Brandon Ingram, Zion Williamson, Lonzo Ball
- Los Angeles’ games this year have gone over the point total for Wednesday’s matchup total (220.5 points) in 390.9% of opportunities (43 out of 11 matchups).
- In four out of New Orleans’ nine games this year (44.4%), the competing teams scored a higher point total than the total in Wednesday’s matchup.
- On average, the Clippers have seen a 222.6 over/under in their games this season, 2.1 more points than the over/under in this matchup.
- A difference of 6.8 points separates this matchup’s over/under (220.5 points) and the average total points bet in Pelicans’ games (213.7 points) this season.
- The Clippers’ average implied point total this season is 1.2 more points than their implied total in Wednesday’s game (115.2 implied points on average compared to 114 implied points in this game).
- This season, Los Angeles has outscored its implied point total for this matchup (114) 45 times.
- The 112.1-point average implied total on the season for the Pelicans is 5.1 more points than the team’s 107-point implied total in this matchup.
- This season, New Orleans has scored more than this game’s implied total of 107 points six times.
- The Clippers are the league’s 14th-highest scoring team (111.8 PPG), while the Pelicans allow the fifth-fewest points per game (106.6) in NBA play.
- The Clippers have out-scored their opponents by just 11 points this season (one point per game on average), and the Pelicans have put up just five more points than their opponents on the year (0.5 per game).
- The Clippers scoring leader is George, who puts up 25.0 points per game.
- George’s PRA prop over/under for the game is set at 29.5, 7.2 lower than his season average of 36.7.
- Serge Ibaka paces Los Angeles with 6.8 rebounds a game and Kawhi Leonard leads the squad with 5.7 assists per contest.
- Ibaka’s rebounding prop total for the game is posted at 9.5 boards, 2.7 rebounds greater than his season average of 6.8.
- George makes 4.2 threes per game to lead the Clippers.
- George’s three pointers made prop total for the game is set at 3.5, 0.7 shots lower than his season average of 4.2.
- Los Angeles’ blocks leader is Ibaka, who records 1.1 per game. Leonard leads the team averaging 2.0 steals a game.
- Leonard’s steals prop over/under for the game is set at 1.5, 0.5 steals lower than his season average of 2.0.
- The Pelicans go-to guy, Brandon Ingram, leads the team in both scoring (24.0 points per game) and assists (5.8 assists per game).
- Ingram’s assists prop over/under for the contest is set at 4.5 assists, 1.3 less than his season average of 5.8.
- Steven Adams’ 8.9 rebounds per game paces New Orleans’ rebounding effort. He also adds 10.3 points per game.
- Adams’ PRA prop total for the game is set at 27.5, 5.7 greater than his season average of 21.8.
- Lonzo Ball is tops from three-point range for the Pelicans, knocking down 2.2 threes per game.
- Ball’s three pointers made prop over/under for the game is set at 2.5, 0.3 shots greater than his season average of 2.2.
- One New Orleans player is its leader in both steals and blocks. Adams averages 1.6 steals per game and 0.9 blocks per game.
- Adams’ blocks prop total for the game is set at 1.5, 0.6 blocks higher than his season average of 0.9.
Powered By Data Skrive using data from