The Los Angeles Clippers (4-1) play the Utah Jazz (2-2) as favorites on Friday, January 1, 2021 at 9:00 PM ET on PRIME. The matchup’s point total is .
The betting insights in this article reflect odds data from DraftKings Sportsbook as of January 1, 2021, 12:40 AM ET. See table below for current betting odds.
Clippers vs Jazz Betting Odds
Clippers vs Jazz Props
Looking to bet on props for this game? Use our prop search tool to find the best odds across legal sportsbooks in the US.
Injury Report as of January 1
Clippers: Marcus Morris Sr.: Day To Day (Knee)
Clippers and Jazz Records ATS
- Los Angeles compiled a 47-38 record against the spread last season.
- The Clippers were 33-29 against the spread in 2019-20 when they were at least a 4-point favorite.
- Only 38 of 85 Los Angeles games last season (44.7%) resulted in a total more than the contest’s over/under.
- With a 36-42-1 record ATS, Utah did not consistently covered the spread last season.
- The Jazz were at least a 4-point underdog 47th times last season, where they had a record of 20-26 against the spread.
- 43 of Utah’s 79 games (54.4%) last season covered the over/under.
Head to Head
Donovan Mitchell scored a team-high 30 points to lead the Jazz over Paul George (20 points) and the Clippers 120-107 in their last matchup on Saturday. The Clippers were favored by 7.5 points in the game, but the Jazz covered the spread in the loss. The teams scored 227 total points to go over the 221.5-point over/under.
|Date||Favorite||Home Team||Spread||Total||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Game Type||Result|
|12/28/2019||Clippers||Clippers||-7.5||221.5||-333||265||Regular Season||120-107 UTA*|
|11/3/2019||Clippers||Clippers||-5||213||-204||168||Regular Season||105-94 LAC*|
|10/30/2019||Jazz||Jazz||-6.5||216.5||-276||223||Regular Season||110-96 UTA*|
|4/10/2019||–||Clippers||–||–||–||–||Regular Season||143-137 LAC|
|2/27/2019||–||Jazz||–||–||–||–||Regular Season||111-105 UTA|
|1/16/2019||–||Clippers||–||–||–||–||Regular Season||129-109 UTA|
|4/5/2018||–||Jazz||–||–||–||–||Regular Season||117-95 UTA|
|1/20/2018||–||Jazz||–||–||–||–||Regular Season||125-113 UTA|
|11/30/2017||–||Clippers||–||–||–||–||Regular Season||126-107 UTA|
|10/24/2017||–||Clippers||–||–||–||–||Regular Season||102-84 LAC|
- 12/28/2019 DNP – Clippers: Montrezl Harrell; Jazz: Mike Conley
- 11/3/2019 DNP – Clippers: Paul George
- 10/30/2019 DNP – Clippers: Kawhi Leonard, Paul George
- Los Angeles and its opponents hit the over on Friday’s 225 total in 41 out of 85 games (48.2%) last year.
- In 43% of Utah’s games last season (34 of 79), the total points scored was more than Friday’s 225-point over/under.
- Last season, the average total for Clippers games was 225.9 points, 0.9 more than the over/under of 225 points for this contest.
- A difference of 4.6 points separates this matchup’s over/under (225 points) and the average total points bet in Jazz’s games (220.4 points) last season.
- The Clippers had an average implied point total of 116.6 last season, which is 1.6 points higher than their implied total in Friday’s game (115).
- Los Angeles scored more than its implied point total for this matchup (115) 42 times last season.
- The Jazz’s average implied point total last season (112.5 points) is 1.5 points higher than their implied total in this matchup (111 points).
- Utah scored more than this game’s implied total of 111 points 42 times last season.
- Last season, the Clippers were the league’s fourth-highest scoring team (116 PPG), while the Jazz allowed the ninth-fewest points per game (108.9) in NBA action.
- The Clippers totaled a total of 519 more points than their opponents last year (an average of 6.1 per game), and the Jazz out-scored opponents by 202 points on the season (2.6 more per game).
- George leads the Clippers in points and assists. He averages 22.4 points per game while also adding 5.6 assists.
- George’s points prop over/under for the contest is set at 20.5, 1.9 points less than his season average of 22.4.
- Los Angeles’ rebounding leader is Serge Ibaka, who pulls down 6.6 per game.
- Ibaka’s PRA prop total for the contest is set at 24.5, 1.9 greater than his season average of 22.6.
- George makes 3.6 threes per game to lead the Clippers.
- George’s three pointers made prop over/under for the game is set at 3.5, 0.1 shots lower than his season average of 3.6.
- Nicolas Batum leads the team with 1.0 steal per game. Ivica Zubac collects 1.6 blocks a contest to pace Los Angeles.
- Zubac’s blocks prop total for the contest is set at 0.5, 1.1 blocks lower than his season average of 1.6.
- Mitchell put up 24.0 points per game last season.
- Rudy Gobert pulled down 13.5 rebounds per game and Joe Ingles averaged 5.2 assists per game .
- Mitchell averaged 1.0 steal per game. Gobert collected 2.0 blocks a game.
Powered By Data Skrive using data from