The Virginia Tech Hokies (11-7, 1-6 ACC) will attempt to break a five-game road slide when they visit the No. 19 Clemson Tigers (15-4, 7-1 ACC) on Saturday, January 21, 2023 at Littlejohn Coliseum. The contest airs at 6:00 PM ET on ESPN2. Keep reading to find betting insights and statistics to help place a wager on the Tigers’ (to win on the moneyline) contest against the Hokies ( ).
The insights in this article reflect odds as of January 21, 2023 at 5:38 PM ET.
Sign up for DraftKings today and get up to $1,250 in bonuses! New bettors only.
Clemson vs Virginia Tech Betting Odds
Get in on the betting discussion! Chat with Eli Hershkovich and our team of experts every day in our FREE Discord community.
Clemson Offense Vs. Virginia Tech Defense
|Clemson Offense||Stats (Rank)||Virginia Tech Defense|
|75.7 (93)||Points/Gm||66.4 (100)|
|6.5 (336)||Possessions/Game||15.3 (326)|
|46.8 (61)||Field Goal %||41.9 (94)|
|37.4 (41)||3PT %||31.9 (103)|
|53.9 (57)||Effective FG %||47.6 (83)|
|58.5 (29)||True Shooting %||49.4 (20)|
Virginia Tech Offense Vs. Clemson Defense
|Virginia Tech Offense||Stats (Rank)||Clemson Defense|
|73.8 (141)||Points/Gm||67.8 (140)|
|15.3 (39)||Possessions/Game||6.5 (27)|
|46.5 (76)||Field Goal %||39.8 (23)|
|34.5 (152)||3PT %||32.6 (130)|
|53.1 (86)||Effective FG %||46.6 (45)|
|55.8 (124)||True Shooting %||51.2 (57)|
Best Betting Sites For Clemson vs Virginia Tech
Clemson Betting Insights
- Clemson has compiled a 10-9-0 record against the spread this season.
- The Tigers are 6-8 ATS this season when playing as at least 1-point favorites.
- So far this season, 12 out of Clemson’s 19 games have gone over the point total.
- In 12 games this season, the Tigers and their opponents have gone over 140 combined points.
- The average point total in Clemson’s outings this year is 143.5, 3.5 more points than this game’s over/under.
Virginia Tech Betting Insights
- Virginia Tech is 6-12-0 ATS this year.
- The Hokies have not covered the spread when an underdog by 1 point or more this season (in one opportunity).
- Virginia Tech and its opponents have combined to go over the point total nine out of 18 times this season.
- The Hokies have played nine games this season that finished with a combined score higher than 140 points.
- The average over/under for Virginia Tech’s contests this season is 140.3, 0.3 more points than this game’s total.
Clemson Key Players
- The Tigers points and rebounds leader is Hunter Tyson. He puts up 15.8 points per game and adds 10.1 rebounds.
- Chase Hunter paces the squad with 4.3 assists per game.
- The Tigers are led by Tyson from long distance. He hits 2.1 shots from deep per game.
- Clemson’s steals leader is Tyson, who collects 0.9 per game. PJ Hall leads the team averaging 0.9 blocks a contest.
Virginia Tech Key Players
- Sean Pedulla’s excellent showing this season give him the top spot on the Hokies scoring and assists leaderboards with 16.4 points per game and 4.3 assists per game.
- Justyn Mutts’ 7.8 rebounds per game paces Virginia Tech’s rebounding effort. He also adds 13.4 points per game.
- Hunter Cattoor leads the Hokies in shooting from beyond the arc, averaging 2.1 made threes per game.
- Mutts tops Virginia Tech in steals with 1.6 per game, and Grant Basile leads the squad in blocks with 1.4 per game.