Chris Godwin and the Tampa Bay Buccaneers square off against the Kansas City Chiefs in the Super Bowl on Sunday at home at Raymond James Stadium. Here’s some betting insights and tips around Godwin’s receiving yards prop bet in that matchup.
Chris Godwin Super Bowl Player Props
Chris Godwin Props: What You Need To Know
A year after his massive breakout season (1,300 yards and nine touchdowns in 2019), Godwin struggled with injury during 2020. Although healthy and back, Godwin has racked up eight drops this postseason in just three games (total would have ranked fourth during the regular season). Despite the spell, the team’s confidence in Godwin remains unshaken as he’s seen 91% of offensive snaps and 28 targets this postseason.
With an embarrassment of riches in pass catchers, Godwins’ target share has gone down by 1.7 per game this season and just once was he targeted 10 times during the regular season. However, he saw success in Week 12 against the Chiefs, where he caught eight balls for 97 yards.
Godwin will see a combination of Kansas City’s Bashad Breeland and Charvarius Ward in Super Bowl LV. In their previous matchup, Breeland allowed just one reception (targeted six times) while Ward allowed four receptions on six targets. While Godwin’s not the top target in Tampa Bay, expect Bruce Arians to scheme him away from Breeland to get Godwin loose.
In games he’s played, Chris Godwin has been steadily productive and expect him to see his fair share of targets. The streak of dropped balls is something to be wary of when betting on his props, as it’s something not easily shaken, especially over the course of a postseason. Should Godwin let a couple get away early, Brady could move on as a title is on the line.
Chris Godwin: Super Bowl Props Checklist
- Receiving yards: O/U 71.5 (-110)
- Receptions: Over 5.5 (+100), Under 5.5 (-125)
- Longest reception: O/U 24.5 (-110)
- To score a touchdown (+150)
- To score 2+ touchdowns (+850)
- To score 3+ touchdowns (+6000)
- To score first touchdown (+1200)
- To score last touchdown (+1200)
- To score first half touchdown (+300)
- To score second half touchdown (+310)
Best Super Bowl Prop Bets
Godwin’s Game-by-Game Stats
|NFC Wild Card Round||@Washington||66||12||5||79||1|
|NFC Divisional Round||@Saints||66||7||4||34||0|
|NFC Championship Game||@Packers||59||9||5||110||0|
Receiving Yards Betting Trends
- Godwin is averaging 70.9 receiving yards per game, 6.6 fewer than the over/under of 77.5 set for Sunday’s outing.
- In eight of 15 games this season (53.3%), Godwin has collected more than 77.5 receiving yards.
- The Chiefs have the 14th-best pass defense in the league this season, giving up 248.0 yards per game.
- Godwin’s average prop bet for receiving yards is an over/under of 71.1 per game. He is averaging 0.2 less per game than that average.
- In 53.3% of his games (eight out of 15 chances), Godwin has gone over his average receiving yards prop bet (71.1).
- Godwin has hit the over on receiving yards prop bets in only seven of his 15 games (46.7%).
Odds and insights reflect consensus player props available as of January 28, 2021. CLICK HERE to place your bet on Chris Godwin or the Tampa Bay Buccaneers at DraftKings Sportsbook.
Buccaneers vs. Chiefs Betting Odds
Powered By Data Skrive using data from