The betting insights in this article reflect betting data from DraftKings as of December 14, 2020, 2:41 PM ET. See table below for current betting odds and CLICK HERE to bet at DraftKings Sportsbook.
Chiefs vs Saints Betting Odds
Chiefs vs Saints Props
Looking to bet on props for this game? Use our prop search tool to find the best odds across legal sportsbooks in the US.
Betting the Total (Over/Under)
- Chiefs games have gone over 51.5 points on seven occasions this season (53.8% of matchups).
- In five (38.5%) games this season, the Saints have combined with their opponents to go over 51.5 points.
- These two teams score a combined average of 59.3 points per game, higher than the total for this matchup by 7.8 points.
- These teams surrender a combined 42 points per game, 9.5 fewer points than this matchup’s over/under.
- The points total average for Chiefs games this season is 52.6, 1.1 points higher than the over/under for this matchup.
- Games involving the Saints this year have averaged 48.7 points per game, a 2.8-point differential when compared to the over/under for this contest.
- The Chiefs score the second-most points in the NFL this season, while the Saints’ offense puts up the seventh-most.
- Kansas City is the league’s eighth-ranked scoring defense while New Orleans is the fifth-ranked.
Chiefs Betting Insights
- Kansas City’s games have gone under the point total in seven out of 13 opportunities this season (53.8%).
- Kansas City is 6-7 against the spread.
- The Chiefs are 5-7 ATS when playing as at least 3.5-point favorites.
Saints Betting Insights
- New Orleans has put together a 7-5 record against the spread this season.
- The Saints are 4-5 ATS when an underdog by at least 3.5 points.
- Seven New Orleans’ 12 games this year have gone over the point total (58.3% of its outings).
When the Chiefs Have the Ball
- The Chiefs, on average, score 10.6 more points per game this season (31) than the Saints allow (20.4).
- When they meet or go over their scoring average this season, Kansas City is 7-1 and 4-4 against the spread.
- New Orleans is 5-0 overall and 5-0 against the spread this season in games where they allow fewer than 20.4 points.
- The Saints defense has allowed an average of 298.2 yards per game so far this season, 131 yards fewer than the 429.2-yard average from the Chiefs offense.
- On average, the Chiefs pick up 6.6 yards per play and the Saints give up 5.
- When the Kansas City offense puts together a game with at least their 2020 average in yardage, they are 7-0 overall and 3-4 against the spread this season.
- When New Orleans allows fewer total yards to opposing offenses than their season average, they are 5-1 against the spread and 6-0 overall this season.
- The Saints have allowed opposing rushing attacks to average 89.2 yards per game, compared to the 111.2 yards the Chiefs offense has averaged on the ground per contest.
- In games where the Kansas City rushing attack runs for at least their season average, the Chiefs are 5-0 overall and 3-2 against the spread.
- This season, when the New Orleans defense allows opponents to pick up less than 89.2 yards on the ground, they are 5-1 against the spread and 6-0 overall.
- The Chiefs have turned the ball over 0.9 times per game this season, while the Saints have averaged 1.5 takeaways per contest.
- In games where they don’t turn the football over this season, Kansas City is 4-0 overall and 2-2 against the spread.
- New Orleans is 5-0 against the spread and 5-0 overall this season when they force at least 1.5 turnovers in a game.
When the Saints Have the Ball
- The Saints rack up 28.3 points per game, 6.7 more than the Chiefs allow per outing (21.6).
- When New Orleans puts up at least 28.3 points, it is 4-2 against the spread and 5-1 overall.
- Kansas City has a 4-4 record against the spread and a 7-1 record overall in games when it allows 31 points or less.
- The Saints collect only 11.2 more yards per game (370), than the Chiefs allow per matchup (358.8). On average, the Saints pick up 5.6 yards per play, while the Chiefs allow 5.6 per play.
- In games Kansas City limits its opponents to 358.8 or fewer yards, it has a 4-1 record ATS and a 5-0 record overall.
- This season, the Saints rack up 137.5 yards per game on the ground, 9.1 more yards per game than the Chiefs allow per contest (128.4).
- When New Orleans rushes for at least 137.5 yards, it compiled a 5-1 ATS record and a 6-0 overall record.
- Kansas City is 3-4 against the spread and 7-0 overall when holding opponents to 128.4 rushing yards or less.
- This year, the Saints turn the ball over 1.1 times per game, 0.4 fewer turnovers per game than the 1.5 the Chiefs force on average.
- New Orleans has a 5-5 record against the spread and an 8-2 record overall when it turns the ball over 1.1 times or less.
- This season, Kansas City has a 2-2 record against the spread and a 4-0 record overall when it forces at least 1.5 turnovers.
Chiefs Players to Watch
- Patrick Mahomes II leads the team with 4,208 passing yards (323.7 yards per game) and has a 68.4% completion percentage this year (340-of-497) while throwing 33 touchdowns and five interceptions in 13 games. He also has 244 rushing yards on 53 carries with two touchdowns, averaging 18.8 yards per game.
- Clyde Edwards-Helaire has ran for a team-leading 724 yards on 167 attempts (60.3 yards per game) while scoring four touchdowns in 12 games. He also averages 24.4 receiving yards per game, grabbing 35 passes for 293 yards and one touchdown.
- This season, Travis Kelce has 90 catches (on 120 targets) to lead the team with 1,250 yards (96.2 per game) with nine touchdowns in 13 games.
- Tyreek Hill’s statline this year shows 77 catches for 1,158 yards and 14 touchdowns in 13 games. He puts up 89.1 receiving yards per game and has been targeted 118 times.
- Mecole Hardman has caught 33 passes on 45 targets for 489 yards and three touchdowns, averaging 37.6 yards per game.
- Chris Jones has 6.5 sacks to lead the team, and has also racked up two TFL and 35 tackles over 12 games.
- Daniel Sorensen has collected 81 tackles, two TFL, and three interceptions this season.
- Tyrann Mathieu has a team-high six interceptions and has tacked on 60 tackles, two TFL, and nine passes defended.
Saints Players to Watch
- Taysom Hill has thrown for 920 yards while completing 72.3% of his passes (86-of-119), with four touchdowns and two interceptions in 13 games this year (70.8 yards per game). He’s also carried the ball 73 times for 397 yards and five touchdowns, averaging 30.5 yards per game.
- Alvin Kamara has picked up a team-high 723 rushing yards (55.6 yards per game) and scored 10 touchdowns in 13 games. He has tacked on 77 catches for 699 yards (53.8 receiving yards per game) with four receiving touchdowns.
- Latavius Murray leads the team with 581 rushing yards on 130 carries (44.7 yards per game), with four touchdowns on the ground.
- Emmanuel Sanders’ statline this year shows 44 catches for 504 yards and four touchdowns in 13 games. He puts up 38.8 receiving yards per game and has been targeted 59 times.
- Michael Thomas has collected 438 yards on 40 passes with zero touchdowns in 2020, averaging 62.6 yards per game on 55 targets in seven contests.
- Trey Hendrickson has notched a team-leading 10.5 sacks, while adding 10 TFL and 22 tackles over 13 games.
- Demario Davis has totaled 90 tackles, 10 TFL, and four sacks so far this season.
- Janoris Jenkins has a team-high three interceptions and has tacked on 39 tackles, two TFL, and 10 passes defended.
Powered By Data Skrive using data from