The Carolina Panthers (3-5) are underdogs as they aim to stop a three-game slide in a matchup with the Kansas City Chiefs (7-1) on Sunday, November 8, 2020 at Arrowhead Stadium. The game has a point total of .
The betting insights in this article reflect betting data from DraftKings as of November 2, 2020, 2:41 PM ET. See table below for current betting odds and CLICK HERE to bet at DraftKings Sportsbook.
Chiefs vs. Panthers betting odds
- Chiefs games this season have posted an average total of 50.6, which is 1.4 points fewer than the total for this matchup.
- Games involving the Panthers this year have averaged 46.5 points per game, a 5.5-point differential when compared to the over/under for this contest.
- Kansas City and its opponents have combined to score more than 52.0 in four games (50% of matchups).
- Carolina’s games have gone over 52.0 points on two occasions (25% of games).
- The total for this matchup is 52.0 points, 2.0 fewer than the combined scoring average of the two teams.
- The Panthers are the league’s 25th-highest scoring team this season compared to the third-ranked Chiefs.
- These teams surrender a combined 43.1 points per game, 8.9 fewer points than this matchup’s over/under.
- Kansas City is the league’s third-ranked scoring defense while Carolina is the 13th-ranked.
Chiefs Betting Insights
- Kansas City is 6-2 against the spread.
- The Chiefs are 1-0 ATS when favored by at least 12.0 points.
- Just five of Kansas City’s eight games this year have gone over the point total (37.5% of its opportunities).
Panthers Betting Insights
- Carolina is 4-4 against the spread.
- Just four of Carolina’s eight games this year have gone over the point total (37.5% of its outings).
When the Chiefs Have the Ball
- The Chiefs have put an average of 31.6 points per game on the scoreboard this season, 7.5 more than the 24.1 the Panthers have surrendered in each contest.
- When they meet or go over their scoring average this season, Kansas City is 4-1 and 4-1 against the spread.
- When the Carolina defense allows 24.1 points or fewer this year, the Panthers have put together a 3-1 overall record and a 3-1 record against the spread.
- The Panthers defense has surrendered an average of 356.9 yards per game so far this season, 53.6 yards fewer than the 410.5-yard average from the Chiefs offense. On average, the Chiefs pick up 6.3 yards per play and the Panthers give up 5.6.
- In contests where the Kansas City offense totals at least their average yard output this season, they are 3-2 against the spread and 4-1 overall.
- When Carolina allows fewer total yards to opposing offenses than their season average, they are 1-2 against the spread and 1-2 overall this season.
- The Chiefs have averaged 124.1 yards per game on the ground this season, just 0.8 yards fewer than the Panthers have allowed to opposing rushing attacks (124.9).
- In games where the Kansas City rushing attack puts together at least their season average this season, the Chiefs are 4-0 overall and 3-1 against the spread.
- When Carolina holds opposing teams to 124.9 rushing yards or fewer this year, they are 1-2 against the spread and 1-2 overall.
- This season, the Panthers have forced an average of 1.4 turnovers per game compared to the 0.6 times Chiefs have turned the football over in each contest.
- In games where they don’t turn the football over this season, Kansas City is 3-0 overall and 2-1 against the spread.
- Carolina’s record this season when they force more than 1.4 turnovers: 1-1 ATS, 1-1 overall
When the Panthers Have the Ball
- The Panthers score 22.4 points per game, 3.4 more than the Chiefs surrender per matchup (19).
- Carolina is 3-1 against the spread and 2-2 overall a season ago when the team puts up at least 22.4 points.
- Kansas City has a 4-1 record against the spread and a 4-1 record overall in games when it allows opponents to score 31.6 points or less.
- The Panthers collect only 17 more yards per game (361), than the Chiefs give up per contest (344). The Panthers average 6 yards per play, while the Chiefs allow 5.4 per play.
- When the Kansas City offense put together a game with at least their 2019 average in yardage, they were 5-1 overall and 4-2 against the spread last season.
- In games Kansas City limits its opponents to 344 or fewer yards, it has a 3-0 record ATS and a 3-0 record overall.
- The Panthers rush for 110.5 yards per game, 32.3 fewer per game than the 142.8 the Chiefs allow per contest.
- When Carolina rushes for at least 110.5 yards, it compiled a 2-3 ATS record and a 2-3 overall record.
- Kansas City is 3-0 against the spread and 3-0 overall when holding opponents to 142.8 rushing yards or less.
- This year, the Panthers turn the ball over 1.1 times per game, only 0.7 fewer turnovers per game than the 1.8 the Chiefs force on average.
- Carolina is 4-2 against the spread and 3-3 overall when it turns the ball over 1.1 or fewer times.
- This season, Kansas City has a 2-0 record against the spread and a 2-0 record overall when it forces at least 1.8 turnovers.
Chiefs Players to Watch
- Mahomes leads the team with 2,315 passing yards (289.4 yards per game) and has a 66.9% completion percentage this year (190-of-284) while throwing 21 touchdowns and one interception in eight games. He also has 165 rushing yards on 34 carries with two touchdowns, averaging 20.6 yards per game.
- Edwards-Helaire has taken 121 carries for a team-leading 572 rushing yards (71.5 yards per game) while scoring two touchdowns in eight games. He’s also caught 25 passes for 204 yards (25.5 receiving yards per game).
- This season, Kelce has 48 catches (on 67 targets) to lead the team with 610 yards (76.3 per game) with six touchdowns in eight games.
- Hill has also chipped in with 537 yards on 35 grabs with seven touchdowns. He has been targeted 54 times and averages 67.1 receiving yards per game over eight matchups this year.
- Hardman has caught 22 passes on 29 targets for 347 yards and three touchdowns, averaging 43.4 yards per game in eight contests in 2020.
- Jones has 4.5 sacks to lead the team, and has also collected 1.0 TFL and 22 tackles over seven games.
- Wilson has totaled 49 tackles and 2.0 TFL to lead the team in tackles so far in eight games over the 2020 campaign.
- Mathieu has intercepted two passes to lead the team while adding 36 tackles, 1.0 TFL, and three passes defended eight over games.
Panthers Players to Watch
- This year, Bridgewater has recorded 2,107 passing yards (263.4 yards per game) while going 184-for-258 (71.3% completion percentage) and throwing nine touchdowns and six interceptions in eight games. He has tacked on 161 rushing yards on 30 carries with one touchdown, averaging 20.1 yards per game.
- Davis has churned out a team-high 350 rushing yards (43.8 yards per game) and scored two touchdowns in eight games. He has tacked on 38 catches for 244 yards (30.5 receiving yards per game) with two receiving touchdowns.
- Anderson has been targeted 69 times and has 51 catches to lead the team with 689 yards (86.1 ypg) and scored one touchdown in eight games this season.
- Moore has also contributed with 33 catches for 622 yards and three touchdowns over the course of eight games this year. He has been targeted 59 times and puts up 77.8 receiving yards per game.
- Samuel has caught 29 passes on 34 targets for 262 yards and one touchdown, averaging 37.4 yards per game in seven contests in 2020.
- Burns has notched a team-leading 3.0 sacks, while adding 3.0 TFL and 32 tackles over eight games.
- Thompson has racked up 68 tackles and 2.0 TFL to lead the team in tackles so far in eight games over the course of the 2020 campaign.
Powered By Data Skrive using data from