The betting insights in this article reflect betting data from DraftKings as of December 22, 2020, 1:41 PM ET. See table below for current betting odds and CLICK HERE to bet at DraftKings Sportsbook.
Chiefs vs Falcons Betting Odds
Chiefs vs Falcons Props
Looking to bet on props for this game? Use our prop search tool to find the best odds across legal sportsbooks in the US.
Betting the Total (Over/Under)
- The over/under in this game is 54 points, 0.8 higher than the average total in Chiefs games this season.
- Falcons games average 50.6 total points, 3.4 fewer than the total for this matchup.
- Chiefs games have gone over 54 points on eight occasions this season (57.1% of matchups).
- Atlanta’s games have gone over 54 points on six occasions (42.9% of games).
- The total for this matchup is 54 points, 2.5 fewer than the combined scoring average of the two teams.
- The Falcons are the NFL’s 15th-highest scoring team this season compared to the second-ranked Chiefs.
- The over/under for this game is set at 54 points, 6.7 points higher than the two teams’ opponents scoring average.
- Kansas City is the NFL’s eighth-ranked scoring defense while Atlanta is the 18th-ranked.
Chiefs Betting Insights
- Kansas City has put together a 7-7 record against the spread this season.
- The Chiefs have an ATS record of 2-1 when playing as at least 11-point favorites.
- Kansas City’s games have gone over the point total in seven out of 14 opportunities this season (50%).
Falcons Betting Insights
- Most of Atlanta’s games this year — eight out of 14 — have not gone over the point total (57.1%).
- Atlanta has a losing 6-8 record against the spread.
When the Chiefs Have the Ball
- The Chiefs, on average, score 5.9 more points per game this season (31.1) than the Falcons allow (25.2).
- When they meet or outpace their scoring average this season, Kansas City is 8-1 and 5-4 against the spread.
- Atlanta is 3-5 overall and 3-5 against the spread this season in games where they allow fewer than 25.2 points.
- The Chiefs hold a 35.3-yard advantage in total yards gained versus total yards allowed compared to the Falcons defense this season (427.9 to 392.6). The Chiefs average 6.4 yards per play while the Falcons give up 6.1 per play.
- In contests where the Kansas City offense totals at least their average yard output this season, they are 3-4 against the spread and 7-0 overall.
- When Atlanta allows fewer total yards to opposing offenses than their season average, they are 3-4 against the spread and 3-4 overall this season.
- The Falcons have allowed opposing rushing attacks to average 104.9 yards per game, compared to the 116.1 yards the Chiefs offense has averaged on the ground per contest.
- In games where the Kansas City rushing attack runs for at least their season average, the Chiefs are 6-0 overall and 4-2 against the spread.
- This season, when the Atlanta defense allows opponents to pick up less than 104.9 yards on the ground, they are 4-3 against the spread and 3-4 overall.
- The Chiefs have turned the ball over 0.9 times per game this season, while the Falcons have averaged 1.3 takeaways per contest.
- When Kansas City doesn’t turn the football over this season, they are 4-0 overall and 2-2 against the spread.
- Atlanta is 3-1 against the spread and 2-2 overall this season when they force at least 1.3 turnovers in a game.
When the Falcons Have the Ball
- The Falcons average 25.4 points per game, 3.3 more than the Chiefs allow per outing (22.1).
- When Atlanta scores at least 25.4 points, it is 5-1 against the spread and 3-3 overall.
- Kansas City has a 5-4 record against the spread and an 8-1 record overall in games when it surrenders 31.1 points or less.
- The Falcons rack up only 13.5 more yards per game (367.1), than the Chiefs give up per contest (353.6). The Falcons average 5.4 yards per play, while the Chiefs give up 5.6 per play.
- Kansas City has a 4-1 record ATS and a 5-0 record overall when holding its opponents to 353.6 yards or less.
- This season, the Falcons average 93.9 rushing yards per game, 29.6 fewer per game than the Chiefs allow per contest (123.5).
- Atlanta has a 4-2 ATS record and a 3-3 overall record when the team runs for at least 93.9 yards.
- This season, Kansas City is 4-4 against the spread and 8-0 overall when holding opponents to no more than 123.5 rushing yards.
- This year, the Falcons turn the ball over 1.1 times per game, 0.4 fewer turnovers per game than the 1.5 the Chiefs force on average.
- Atlanta has a 6-5 record against the spread and a 4-7 record overall when it turns the ball over 1.1 times or less.
- This season, Kansas City has a 2-2 record against the spread and a 4-0 record overall when it forces at least 1.5 turnovers.
Chiefs Players to Watch
- Patrick Mahomes leads the team with 4,462 passing yards (318.7 yards per game) and has a 67.3% completion percentage this year (366-of-544) while throwing 36 touchdowns and five interceptions. He also has 281 rushing yards on 60 carries with two touchdowns, averaging 20.1 yards per game.
- Clyde Edwards-Helaire has taken 181 carries for a team-leading 803 rushing yards (61.8 yards per game) while scoring four touchdowns in 13 games. He’s also caught 36 passes for 297 yards (22.8 receiving yards per game) with one touchdown through the air.
- In 10 games, Le’Veon Bell has rushed for 298 yards on 75 carries (29.8 ypg), with two rushing touchdowns.
- Travis Kelce has hauled in 98 passes to lead the team with 1,318 yards while scoring 10 touchdowns. He has been targeted 132 times and averages 94.1 yards per game.
- Tyreek Hill has chipped in with 1,211 yards on 83 grabs with 15 touchdowns. He has been targeted 128 times and puts up 86.5 receiving yards per game.
- Mecole Hardman has caught 36 passes on 54 targets for 511 yards and four touchdowns, averaging 36.5 yards per game.
- Chris Jones has 6.5 sacks to lead the team, and has also racked up two TFL and 35 tackles over 13 games.
- In 14 games, Daniel Sorensen has totaled 85 tackles, two TFL, and three interceptions and leads the team in tackles.
- Tyrann Mathieu has picked off six passes to lead the team while adding 62 tackles, three TFL, and nine passes defended.
Falcons Players to Watch
- Matt Ryan has thrown for 4,016 yards while completing 64.2% of his passes (351-of-547), with 22 touchdowns and 11 interceptions (286.9 yards per game).
- Todd Gurley II has picked up a team-high 644 rushing yards (49.5 yards per game) and scored nine touchdowns in 13 games.
- Brian Hill has 335 yards on 84 carries (23.9 ypg), with one rushing touchdown.
- Calvin Ridley has been targeted 122 times and has 77 catches to lead the team with 1,192 yards (91.7 ypg) and scored nine touchdowns in 13 games this season.
- Russell Gage’s statline this year shows 59 catches for 672 yards and three touchdowns. He averages 48 receiving yards per game and has been targeted 94 times.
- Hayden Hurst has caught 47 passes on 76 targets for 496 yards and four touchdowns, averaging 35.4 yards per game.
- Deion Jones has collected a team-leading 4.5 sacks, while adding eight TFL, 94 tackles, and two interceptions.
- In 13 games, Foyesade Oluokun has collected 102 tackles, four TFL, three sacks, and one interception.
- This season, Blidi Wreh-Wilson leads the team with three interceptions and has added seven tackles, one TFL, and four passes.
Powered By Data Skrive using data from