The Middle Tennessee Blue Raiders (1-2, 0-1 C-USA) will aim to halt their three-game losing streak when they take on the Charlotte 49ers (2-1, 0-0 C-USA). The Blue Raiders,on the moneyline to win, and the 49ers, listed at on the spread, kick things off on September 24, 2021 at 6:30 PM ET on CBS Sports. A total of points has been set for the matchup by oddsmakers.
In this article you’ll discover everything you need to know to place a bet on the game, including statistical trends, key metrics and more, as well as updated odds.
The betting insights in this article reflect betting data from DraftKings as of September 24, 2021, 12:00 AM ET. See table below for current betting odds and CLICK HERE to bet at DraftKings Sportsbook.
Charlotte Vs. Middle Tennessee Betting Odds
For college football picks and predictions this week, check out our best bets article at PlayPicks.
Charlotte Offense Vs. Middle Tennessee Defense
|49ers Offense||Stats (Rank)||Blue Raiders Defense|
|26.0 (86)||Points/Gm||25.7 (80)|
|409.3 (65)||Yards/Gm||274.0 (24)|
|216.7 (76)||Pass Yards/Gm||154.3 (23)|
|192.7 (38)||Rush Yards/Gm||119.7 (55)|
|7.8 (57)||Yards/Pass||5.3 (14)|
|4.6 (49)||Yards/Rush||3.7 (59)|
|44.7% (42)||3rd Down %||45.8% (106)|
|3 (49)||Turnovers||7 (4)|
|3 (39)||Sacks||5 (47)|
Middle Tennessee Offense Vs. Charlotte Defense
|Middle Tennessee Offense||Stats (Rank)||Charlotte Defense|
|25.7 (89)||Points/Gm||19.3 (46)|
|273.3 (121)||Yards/Gm||408.3 (95)|
|215.3 (77)||Pass Yards/Gm||139.0 (14)|
|58.0 (127)||Rush Yards/Gm||269.3 (126)|
|7.3 (78)||Yards/Pass||6.6 (60)|
|1.9 (129)||Yards/Rush||6.2 (127)|
|30.8% (116)||3rd Down %||35.9% (63)|
|3 (49)||Turnovers||4 (41)|
|7 (104)||Sacks||4 (62)|
When Charlotte Has The Ball
- The 49ers are 42nd in the FBS in third-down percentage (44.7%) and will be up against the 106th-ranked Blue Raiders defense in that category (45.8%).
- Charlotte averages 216.7 passing yards per game (76th in the FBS). It will be up against takes on the Blue Raiders’ defense which ranks 23rd, allowing 154.3 yards per game through the air.
- The 49ers rank 49th in college football, committing three turnovers this season, while the Blue Raiders are fourth with seven turnovers forced.
- Middle Tennessee’s defense gives up 5.3 yards per pass attempt (14th in the FBS). Charlotte’s offense averages 7.8 yards per pass (57th in college football).
When Middle Tennessee Has The Ball
- The Blue Raiders average 215.3 passing yards per game (77th in the FBS). They play the 49ers’ defense which ranks 14th, giving up 139.0 yards per game through the air.
- Middle Tennessee is 116th in the FBS in third-down percentage (30.8%), and will be up against the 63rd-ranked Charlotte third-down defense (35.9%).
- The Blue Raiders’ offense is 89th in the FBS at 25.7 points per game. They will be up against the 49ers’ defense which allows 19.3 per game (46th in college football).
- Middle Tennessee is 104th-ranked in college football in sacks allowed (seven), and is facing the team ranked 62nd in bringing down opposing quarterbacks, Charlotte (four).
Charlotte Betting Trends And Insights
- Charlotte has won two games against the spread this season.
- The 49ers have covered the spread when playing as at least 2.5-point favorites in their only opportunity this season.
- Charlotte’s games have not hit the over yet this season.
- Charlotte’s games have gone over 55 points just once this season (in three outings).
- This is the first time this season the 49ers are listed as the moneyline favorite.
Middle Tennessee Betting Trends And Insights
- Middle Tennessee has compiled a 0-2-0 record against the spread this season.
- The Blue Raiders have been an underdog by 2.5 points or more this year twice, and failed to cover both times.
- The Blue Raiders have lost both games they’ve played as underdogs this season.
Charlotte Players To Watch
- Chris Reynolds has thrown for 585 yards while completing 56% of his passes (42-of-75), with five touchdowns and two interceptions this year (195.0 yards per game). He’s also carried the ball 22 times for 111 yards and two touchdowns, averaging 37.0 yards per game.
- Calvin Camp has churned out a team-high 160 rushing yards (53.3 yards per game) and scored one touchdown.
- Grant DuBose has racked up 11 receptions for 209 yards, best on his team, and two touchdowns. He averages 69.7 receiving yards per game.
- Victor Tucker’s stat line this year shows 13 catches for 177 yards. He averages 59.0 receiving yards per game.
- This season Shadrick Byrd is averaging 25.0 yards per game, with four catches for 50 yards and one touchdown.
Middle Tennessee Players To Watch
- This season, Bailey Hockman has racked up 463 passing yards (154.3 yards per game) while connecting on 41 of 66 passes (62.1% completion percentage), with four touchdowns and two interceptions.
- Amir Rasul has 30 attempts for a team-high 80 rushing yards (26.7 per game) and zero touchdowns.
- Chaton Mobley has 44 yards on 14 carries (22.0 ypg), with one rushing touchdown.
- Jimmy Marshall has 10 catches, leading his team with 162 yards (81.0 ypg) while also scoring one touchdown this season.
- Izaiah Gathings has hauled in three catches for 65 yards (65.0 yards per game).
- This season Jamichael Thompson is averaging 16.5 yards per game, with three catches for 33 yards.
Powered By Data Skrive using data from